Crossfire

Forced [Incomplete]
“Grab her.” The cold voice rung like gunfire through my mind. My heart lunged as my legs pumped fast, my long black hair whipping behind me in tangles. The pounding in my chest beat till I felt the rapid vibrations through my entire body. I don’t know where I got the courage from but I turned suddenly on my heel and ran straight towards the dark voice in the void. 
 
 As I neared the dark end of an alley I saw the hooded man and narrowed in on him. Just as I got a few feet away from his frozen figure a shiny metal blade slid from his sleeve. I tried to stop running but my feet still pound forward. I screamed as I felt the cold blade slide straight in to my belly and sting. My body crumpled to the ground and I lay weak, my blood filling the cracks between the cobblestone alleyway. I tried to get up and roll over, to at least crawl away and get help. The hooded person followed me as I crawled, nails digging in to the stone. Suddenly a heavy boot kicked my stomach and rolled me over painfully. I clutched my bleeding gut and looked in to the hood. 
 
“Let me go.” I cried. 
 
“There’s no fun in that. I can’t believe you’re so stupid to think I’d let any of you go.” the voice snarled, verging on the edge of familiarity. “Lets put on a show boys.”  my head was pushed to the side to see my Appa and Kai with their faces pushed down by guards as they knelt, watching me die. 
 
“Nooo!” I screamed and tried to stand up in a last attempt. One of the men raised my Appa’s head and held a sharp blade to his neck. “Port Kai, save Appa!” I sobbed. 
 
“ Ah ah aaah. Your little boy toy isn’t going anywhere.” The man above me tutted. “Slit them both.” Their heads were pulled up by their hair and blades were quickly placed at their throats. 
 
“NOOOO!” I kicked and thrashed as my vision went blurry from tears. Both my father and Kai fell face forward on to the cobblestone ground. I felt the thick warm blood run to my cheek and soak my side and back. “Just kill me!” I sobbed. 
 
“Way to be a team player.” he chuckled mercilessly. The cold steel pressed to my throat followed by a sting as it dug in to my skin.  My vision blurred on its own now as everything slowly faded to black. 
 
*drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*
 
 I shot up from my bed and immediately tossed the covers off. I was covered in sweat as my sheets twisted around my legs and torso.  My phone woke me from my terrible nightmare. I’ve had that same dream for the past two weeks. Since the man-wol meeting at Kris’…er my cave home?  I’ve still not moved in there and don’t plan on it. Appa is still mad at me, no way I can move out. He won’t let me go out after school, on weekends or anytime really. I get off school and I have to go to his office and do my work there. On weekends he makes me do filing for him. The only time I get to be alone is when I’m using the bathroom or sleeping. 
 
 The times that I go to bed early I quickly go over to Kai’s room and we sit together for a while talking.  Mostly we talk about stupid stuff and then not so stupid stuff like me having all the powers. I’ve learned to control light already and time control but other ones scare me, like electricity. I’ve seen Chen use it on Xiumin as example and he seemed to fall on the floor in a catatonic state before Yixing walked over and rubbed his hand over Xiumin’s heart.  
 
  I dragged myself out of bed and looked at my phone. 
 
 Misty
 
 What are your plans today? Think you can do your little time thing so we can get about a twenty minute lunch in together?
 
                                Kai
 
 Kai and I still haven’t had our date yet. Appa has made sure of that. It’s Saturday so I’ll be doing office work with Appa again but I don’t mind stopping time to eat lunch with Kai. Not at all. I texted him back and peeked out my door. If Appa didn’t notice I was awake I may be able to get a nice lengthy shower and do more than throw clothes on and put my hair up. I want to try and look nice today.  I scurried in to the bathroom and shut the latch carefully. Having filled the tub with warm water and set out some fresh towels for me to use as I sank in to the tub and let the lavender scented oils wash over me. 
 
 After a good 20 minute soak I drained the tub and quickly washed my hair. I slid on my long sleeve white shirt and some faded jeans. My Appa should be up by now but his door was still shut so I stepped back in to my room and quickly towel dried my hair and curled it till it was wavy. Stepping out of my room I walked down the long hall and knocked softly on his door. Maybe he was sick? 
 
“Appa.” I lightly knocked on his door but it creaked open on its own. I’ll just check the new study. “Appa?” I peeked my head in but everything was turned off except the lamp in the corner with a note pinned to it. 
 
  Sorry. Emergency at work so I left early before you woke. I won’t be home till late so do whatever you want today. Consider it a break but don’t find trouble. -Appa
 
 Well that’s awesome! I can spend all day with Kai and maybe even get that date I’d been looking forward to. I rushed out and ran back to my room and slid my shoes on. One look to Kai’s window and I knew he was home. We had a code now. If he was home and it was okay for me to come in his room, he left his curtain open.  From his open curtains I knew it was fine to go over. I ported to the middle of the floor and smirked at all the traces of the flood from weeks ago being gone except for the slight water ring on his book shelf. 
 
 I looked around for Kai to be reading on his couch or even shuffling in his closet. I heard the slight groan under his covers though and smirked. I shouldn’t be surprised that he texted me and fell back asleep, its only 8am on a weekend. I tiptoed over to the edge of the bed and knelt to watch him. He kept cutely scrunching his eyes and occasionally his soft lips.  I chuckled as he rolled over to fluff his pillow but caught me from the corner of his eye. 
 
“What are you doing?” he mumbled before collapsing back down on his back and looking at me. 
 
“Appa went to work without me so I’m free all day.” I smiled. He tried to hide his smile and I grinned wider. He pulled me on to his bed and wrapped his arms around me before snuggling in to the side of my face. “What are you doing?” 
 
“Shhhh just let me snuggle with you for a few more minutes.” he whispered.  I sighed and leaned in to him more, closing my eyes and letting the warmth from his arms settle in to me. I was slightly nervous too, sometimes my just fills me up till I want to scream in a pillow but I’m not going to pressure him in to anything. I think I may be his first.
 
 
  We lay in his bed for about thirty minutes before he stretched under me and slid out to stand up. He was in nothing but his boxers and a tank top, his naturally tan legs tensing before me. I quickly averted my eyes and looked to the ceiling. 
 
“Are you okay?” 
 
“Hmm?” I shook my head and kept looking up.
 
“Are you embarrassed?” I could just hear the smirk in his voice. 
 
 
“What? Pfft nope.” I smiled. “just looking at the Pororo poster?”
 
“Oh, that.” He stepped in to his closet “I used to imitate Krong a lot so my sister thought it would be funny to get me a poster of him.”
 
“It’s cute. Totally takes the bite away from your tough boy façade.” I giggled as I sat up and stretched myself too. I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me in to a hug. 
 
“I’m not like that anymore.” He mumbled. 
 
“Arra. I know, you’re a work in progress.” I laughed and pat his back. “At least I got you to eat lunch with more than yourself.” 
 
“Yea yea yea. Speaking of lunch want to go eat?” 
 
“Lunch? Its not even 9am.” 
 
“Alright well what do you want to do?” 
 
“What if we go see your sister?” I rose a brow with a new idea. 
 
“Hyorin?” He looked confused. “Why her?”
 
“Well I sort of want to see what she does.” I smiled cutely. I know he and his sister don’t get along well because she tries to be his mother but when a parent dies that young you have to step up or fall behind. 
 
“If that’s what you want.” He smiled. 
 
“Really?!” 
 
“Really.” He leaned down and kissed my forehead.
 
 It only took about fifteen minutes for Kai to finish getting dressed and ready before we held hands and ported to an alley near his sisters office building. I shuddered as I remembered my nightmare and scrunched my face up.
 
“You sure you’re okay?” 
 
“Yea.” I nodded and relaxed my nerves “I just smelt something bad is all.”
 
“Welcome to Seoul.” He mumbled. I chuckled as we walked from behind the building and emerged on a sidewalk. The building was huge. The tallest building on Wando Island was only 4 levels high so seeing these 30 something floors took my breathe away. I stood still, holding Kai’s hand, looking up at how the side of the building reflected the city and sky like a mirror. I turned to see Kai giggling and staring at me amused. 
 
“Waeyo?” I whined. 
 
“Ani, its just cute how normal things amaze you.” He grinned. 
 
“I’m not amazed.” I pouted “I’ve just never seen a building this high.”
 
“C’mon.” Kai tugged my hand and pulled me in to the tall building. The small man sitting at the desk looked and smiled at Kai before nodding his head and pushing a button on the wall behind him. He reached in a drawer under the desk and pulled out two lanyards with laminated cards clipped to them. They were access passes? What the hell did his sister design, bomb suits?
 
“Welcome Jongin. Is this your girlfriend? She’s very pretty.” The small man smiled and bowed as we walked away.
 
 Kai slipped the lanyard around my neck and grabbed my hand again, leading me to an elevator. We stood in the middle of it and I held his hand tighter. Were we really together?
 
“First time in an elevator?” 
 
“Nope. My mom stayed on a second floor of the hospital. Sometimes when she was sleeping I would take the elevator down to get me and her some snacks. You’d be shocked at how many times a hospital ran out of Doritos. Like who the hell ate them all?!” I sputtered. 
 
“So why are you nervous?” He looked down at me, slightly concerned but still smiling.
 
“I don’t know.” I bit my lip. “Do we we like…are we…are you and I-”
 
“Are we going out?” He offered.
 
“Yea.” I looked down at my faded black converse. Kai and I hadn’t officially decided we were boyfriend and girlfriend. Sometimes the way he acted at school made me wonder if he wanted to tell people or if that was still his tough exterior playing everything down.
 
“Are we?” he kept looking at me. “I don’t want to pressure you in to anything and I’m okay with what you’re okay with. I know a lot of things have been stressing you lately and I just don’t want to be one to add on more pressure.”
 
“Are you kidding me?” I looked up at him earnestly. “Kai you’ve made everything better. Those moments where I feel my self caving in from stress and my surroundings just suffocating me, you’re there and I find I can breathe again. No way you pressure me, you relieve pressure if anything. No every thing, you make everything better.” 
 
 He looked down at me shocked for a split second before I grabbed his collar and pulled him down for a kiss. I couldn’t resist swiping my tongue over his lip and feeling the soft wrinkles. As his lips parted I delved my tongue in and across his sweet gums. Our tongues were rubbing across from each other in a slow pace as the elevator slowly carried us up, dinging as it reached its destination. We had just parted our wet lips as the doors dinged open and revealed the pair of us flustered and panting. 
 
“That was nice.” Kai blushed and his lips. 
 
“Mhmm” I hummed and smiled as we stepped off on the elevator and our feet met cold tile floors. The area we walked in to was spacious with letter hanging on the wall that lit up “Hyorin Again Fashion’s” I snickered at the cheesy name but followed as Kai walked up to a secretaries desk. No one was there so he leaned over and looked at a schedule book laying open. 
 
“Hyorin is in a meeting right now but we can look around until then.” He faintly smiled and closed the schedule book. I nodded and walked down a hallways that had a large display case of famous garments worn by celebrities like Lee Hyori and Gain. 
 
“Wow.” I tapped the glass. “I didn’t know your sister was this cool.” 
 
“I’m the coolest!” Hyorin jumped out from behind a door and skipped ahead to hug me. 
 
“Ne, Unnie these are really cool.” I smiled, pointing to the clothes. 
 
“Think so?” She grinned. “I’ll have to let you try them on. You look about Hyori’s size. So what are you and my baby brother doing here?” she giggled softly as Kai just rolled his eyes. 
 
“Ask her.” Kai pointed to me, completely outing me. “she begged to come.”
 
“I did not.” I smacked Kai on the chest and turned back to Hyorin. “I just wanted to see what you really do here. You only told me you were a fashion designer.”
 
“Arraso!” Hyorin clapped her hands and grabbed my elbow, pulling me along. Kai trailed behind us as we walked down a hall. “This is the sewing room.” she opened a door to reveal a room with multiple tables set up and fabric of all colors and patterns draped over them. People were at most of the tables, looking at notebooks and marking pins in the fabric. Her phone beeped and I noticed her glance down at the message there and pout.
 
“Neat!” I smiled and followed behind Hyorin quicker as she stepped her gait up.  “Ah are you in a hurry. I can come back another day?” 
 
“No no, no hurry really.” She swung a door open to reveal  a storage closet. “This is uh, where we keep unused clothes from years past. You can try some on if you want, keep what you like. I‘ll be right back though.” She shoved Kai and I in the room and shut it behind us before I heard her heels click away. 
 
“What is that all about?” I looked at Kai confused. 
 
“I have no idea. That’s why I can only stand to be around her for so long before she goes off weird like that.” He rolled his eyes and poked some of the clothes on the racks. I  may as well look through some. Some clothes did catch my eyes.
 
 I thumbed through the rack as Kai sat patiently in a chair in the corner of the room. Some of the clothes were over studded and with multiple zippers. Others where white with neon paint splattered on them.  I gave up hope on finding something I could wear and feel cool in until I spotted a white sequined dress with a denim jacket over it. It was cute and innocent looking, just my style. I glanced at Kai to see him playing on his phone. I discretely threw my top off and slid the dress on, then slid my pants off. 
 
“How’s it look?” I spun around slowly and giggled at the blank expression on Kai’s face. “That bad?” 
 
“A-Andwae!” He sputtered. “but how did I miss you stripping in front of me?” 
 
  I snorted as I folded my clothes and stuffed them in my bag.  I didn’t notice Kai had stood up until his arms s around my waist and kissed my neck. I angled to the side to kiss his chin as he turned me around. 
 
“You look beautiful though.” we both blushed. Kai leaned in again and kissed my lips sweetly. In the short moment our lips were connected his sister burst the door. She squeaked and her jaw dropped as she shut it back quickly. We pulled apart reluctantly and sighed. I grabbed my bag and Kai’s hand as we walked out to his sister in the hall talking to herself. 
 
“Ah. So I found this dress, are you sure its okay for me to keep it?” I smiled shyly and bowed to her.
 
“Yah!” She walked up to Kai and smacked him on the arm. “Why didn’t you tell me you two were together! I look like an idiot leaving you two alone together.” 
 
“We wouldn’t do anything.” He tried to hide his smile but it looked like a cocky smirk. 
 
“Honestly Unnie.”  I chirped as I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. “Are you okay though? You seem on edge?” 
 
“Me?!” She snorted. “I’m fine!” She blushed. She’s lying. If I concentrate enough I can hear what’s on her mind. I asked her one last time if she was sure and there my answer. 
 
  By fine I mean I have a cute assistant waiting in my office with strawberries and cream that I’m dying to off of him and just grab him by his -
 
“I suddenly remembered I have to take my Appa lunch oh my god Kai its almost 1pm we lost track of time got to go!” I let go of Hyorin’s hand and grabbed Kai by the arm, tugging him out, dragging him if I had to. Hyorin was left looking confused but quickly brushed it off to walk back to her office. 
 
“What’s this about?” Kai groaned as I kept tugging him. No way I could tell him what I heard. 
 
“Ani- I just don’t want Appa to be hungry. If he had to go in early that means he probably didn’t bring lunch.” I smiled and we rushed in to the elevator. I didn’t warn Kai as we ported to the alley again. I looked around to make sure no one saw and the coast was clear. Kai pulled my hand back as I went to step out and sent me flying in to his chest. I looked up at him confused before he leaned down and pressed our lips together again, his tongue sneaking out to play with mine as my lips parted. 
 
“You’re probably the best daughter ever.” He laughed. 
 
“You keep pulling me in for chaste kisses like that and I’ll be the worst girlfriend ever.” I giggled and walked out of the alley. There was a food stall around the corner and shoved several hoddeoks and soondaes on a styrofoam plate and gave my money to the ahjussi’s. “Ready to go?” I looked up to Kai as he nodded.

 Back in the alley I quickly ported to Appa’s office building, choosing a spot close to his office door but out of view from workers. No one was around and the entire floor was quiet, production workers seemed to be on lunch break. We got to Appa’s office door and turned to face Kai. 
 
“You may want to wait outside.” I pursed my lips. Kai kissed my forehead and nodded in understanding. He isn’t exactly my Appa’s favorite person. 
 
 When I opened the door the lights were off except a lamp in the corner. I looked around but Appa wasn’t anywhere. I set the box of food on his desk and walked back to the wall to turn the light on. As I flipped the switch my hand knocked a taped envelope off the wall. I bent down to grab the envelope and saw my name on the front in crooked letter. Was it for me? I grabbed the letter opener off the desk and ripped the envelop open in swift motion. Inside was a paper. 
 
  I see at this point you have noticed that your Appa is not here. It took you long enough. I suppose we just work fast but then again we have to. We’d hate to be caught in crossfire, ne? Anyways I’m wasting both our time now with this letter. If you want your precious Appa back then meet in the back alley on Eulji Road tonight at 2am. If you don't show, then your fathers murder will be on your hands.
 
 The letter ended with a scribbled heart. I turned the paper over to see if there were more words but nothing, just blank. I stepped back and looked around his office. Everything was in place, nothing looked out of the ordinary. I tried to gage my emotions but I just felt guilt. I should have known this was coming, Kris and the others tried to warn me but I was too selfish to listen. 
 
 Stepping out of the office my tears fell as I saw Kai standing there smiling. As soon as he saw my face he rushed to me and grabbed my shoulders. 
 
“Hey.” He lifted my chin. “What’s wrong?” I couldn’t move much less speak but my arm found its way up to hand him the paper. Kai quickly read it before hugging me tight. 
 
“C’mon. Its time to get the guys” He whispered. 



 AN: um so....one month yea? *cries* I AM SO SORRY I just lost track of things and got busy doing nothing and I wanted to write but omfg writers block so I sat down and made myself write...like multiple times. If this chapter is not up to your standards then I'm so sorry (but screw you cause writers block is a ). Its seems I only feel like writing Exo wolf so ugh, so predictable. Lol no lie I had a wolf fic I had written almost 6 months before Exo had the wolf comeback I AM PSYCHIC OKAY?! Lol no not psychic really. I will however predict that the next comeback for Exo will be with Peter Pan and they will all be 12 princes and come save me. Once again I am so sorry for the wait and I want to thank my faithful subscribers. I really do know who you are and at the end of this fic I will call you out for being precious little s!

      COMMENT SUBSCRIBE UPVOTESOB OVER EXO

                       no gif for you because there too many y images of Yixing I am going to keep to myself.