Man-Wol Pt2

Forced [Incomplete]

 

“Can you guys get up please?” I looked at them all, completely weirded out.  They’d been bowing to me for almost two minutes. 
 
“I’m seriously tired of repeating myself. What is going on?” I looked down my side of the table and everyone was standing and looking at me. They all slowly dropped to their knees and bowed to me also. “Not you guys too?!” I pouted.  No one was answering me so I stepped from in front of my chair and to the large mirror behind me. Turning around slightly I looked at my birthmark in the mirror. My birthmark was dark and more visible than ever. No wonder Kris thought it was a tattoo, it was almost black. 
 
“This can’t be happening.” I whimpered. It’s easy to hide a leaf birthmark but a whole damn spawn of symbols?! Appa will- what Appa will do, I cant wear tank tops anymore in summer! I turned back to the table and everyone was still bowing like a clan of jackasses. “YAH!” I yelled. No movement. They looked frozen as they stared down at the floor.  I marched over to the book on the table and grabbed it. I sat back in my seat and read the last page again, the page I missed before Luhan yanked it from my hand. 
 
  "The 12 sons were gifted the divine powers to protect man kind and stop the evil forces that threatened to damage the humble utopia she had made. If danger was threatened a son would  fight to the death to defend her. Often there was a promise of reincarnation but after countless attacks she had to go in to hiding, leaving the 12 sons with their own lives to hold. 
 
 When the time comes again and she returns from her hiding then she will be at her strongest and vanquish all threats"
 
“I don’t…who is ‘She’?” I looked around to the still bowing men. “Enough of this!” I pushed a stiff Kris over. All he did was tilt and plop on the floor, frozen. I backed away and studied each of my friends. Unblinking, not breathing, not even a hair moving or trembling. “What’s going on?!” I backed in to a wall and slid down it. Its like they were frozen in time. 
 
“They’re fine.” Tao stood up slowly and walked over to me. “although Duizhang will be confused when he comes to.”
 
“Comes to what?” I looked up teary eyed. 
 
“No, not like comes to in that way. When I unstop time and he realizes he’s laying on the floor.” Tao smiled faintly and walked towards me. He held a hand out to help me up but I just drew my legs in to my chest and shook my head. “Come with me.” He smiled. 
 
“Andwae! I’m not leaving my friends here. What have you done to them!?” 
 
“Nothing, they’re fine.” He giggled. “you need a few minutes to take this in without all of them suffocated you with bowing, hailing, formal speech and that god awful stuttering Kris does when he’s nervous.” 
 
“Nervous? Why would he be nervous?” I looked over at the tipped over giant and almost snickered. 
 
“Because you’re a higher power than he is. Not even two rungs highs, more like 50. No, you are the top rung of monarchy.” He smiled cutely. 
 
“Wae?” I stood up and looked at the others more intensely. They all looked nervous actually, except Tao? “Why aren’t you so nervous? What am I supposed to do, turn you in to a stature and make you explode.” 
 
“Calm down Medusa. I want to answer any questions you may have, let’s go back to the library yea?” Tao held his arm on his hip like I was supposed to link arms with him and skip merrily. Instead I grabbed his collar and ported in a millisecond to the darkly lit library with the boxes of books still set on the shelves. 
 
“.”  I grabbed my chest though as my lungs seized and I had another coughing fit. It had been weeks since I last ported and got the wind thrown from me. My lungs were pumping furiously for air as I felt Tao lift me up and take me to the red velvet couch and lay me down. 
 
“Hold still.” He said through clenched teeth. I didn’t even know I was moving until his hands pinned my arms down and my legs thrashed against his side. I eased down a bit until my head hung limply off the couch and my breathing slowly got back to normal. 
 
“What was that?” I croaked. 
 
“Powers can only be used in the dining hall and hallways. Places like the library and other rooms are blocked. I’m actually surprised you even got us in here.” 
 
“Oh.” I groaned and lifted my neck up so as to pull my head back on the couch. “I think I’m good now.” Tao released my wrists and let my feet find their way to the floor. “So what is this about me being a monarch or some ?” I rubbed my head.
 
“Pffft.” he sputtered and giggled. This kid really did have a lot of humor for with a fierce face. “there is no monarch or some . You are the monarch, patriarch, the ruler, true Duizhang, the Queen, the-”
 
“Yah! I get it but how? I think I’d remember being royalty.” 
 
“The birthmark on your back means you are the Matriarch of the 12 sons.” He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to a large curtain covering a window. As he pulled the curtain back it revealed a large stone wall.  It was blank at first but then faint lines of gold dimly lit up and showed the swirling embellishments. 
 
“This is beautiful.” I traced my fingers over the gold flecks and gasped as they burned brighter. Other colors beside gold sprung up. There were deep purples and blues as I finally made out the huge figure. “who did this.” 
 
                                                                  
 
“You did.” Tao smirked. 
 
“Wae?” I stood back and watched all the colors blossom and burst in brilliants lines. “I think I’d remember this.” 
 
“Maybe I should word it as a past you carved it all out. It seems your hands remember because I’ve never seen any color on it except gold.” He stood back with his mouth hung open as the picture came alive. “Its beautiful, I wonder how long it took you to think it up.”
 
“Tao.” I trembled. “I’m still completely confused, why did I make this?”
 
“I think you drew it in the image of yourself.”
 
“That’s stupid, a tree?” I rolled my eyes. “I feel more like a panther or a mountain cat.” I pouted. 
 
“I think this book will help.” Tao held out a tattered red book. It was no bigger than my palm but every page had little doodles all over them. 
 
“A scratch book?” I thumbed the pages gently and stopped on one page. Its was the same large tree with a woman in a hanbok using her hands to send out webs of what I think was supposed to be lightning. The streaks dashed across the cloud sky and struck down a giant rock figure of a man. It felt familiar. “My scratch book.” I looked up to Tao nodding slowly. 
 
“And think we should go check on the others now.” Tao closed the curtain back and told me to keep the little scrapbook. “they’ll want to ask you stuff I’m sure. You don’t seem to remember who you used to be but when they ask you questions just try and concentrate on remembering and keep an open mind."
 
“Arraso.” I bit my lip and looked through the doorway at the 11 boys stopped in time. 
 
“One more thing.” Tao squeaked.
 
“Great what is it? More birthmarks will pop up?” 
 
“No.” he shook his head. “the birthmarks are only added as you’re around us. When you’re alone it will go back to being a leaf.” he giggled. “but I wanted to tell you that you already have all the powers.” 
 
“Tao, I think I’d notice that.” I groaned. 
 
“You underestimate. You never tried any other power until you knew you had them.” he reasoned.
 
“And?” I looked up sarcastically. 
 
“Just try and unstop time.” he pushed me forward by the shoulder, ushering me towards them. He took his seat back by the head of the table and sat down, waiting. 
 
“I don’t know how.” Whining I bit my nail and closed my eyes. 
 
“Imagine a broken clock, stuck on 12pm. The two arms look like a long line but more than anything you want it to keep going, maybe you’re late for something. Now listen to the ticking that clock would make.” His calm voice  made it easy for me to imagine the clock and its vacant ticking. “reach your hand out and push the second hand around.” I obeyed and imagined my little finger winding that even smaller clock hand. “when you let go of the hand, time will have continued.” I drew my hand back slowly and almost heard the ticking really. Wait, no I really was. I turned behind me to see the clock on the wall ticking away noisily, the seconds hand moving with each second. I turned back wide eyes as all the guys were still bowing and Kris grunted as he got up off the floor. 
 
“Tao what did you do?” He groaned, brushing his pants off and looking down at the smiling boy. 
 
“He helped me understand better.” I whispered, still shocked from my feat of unstopping time. 
 
“Are you okay?!” Kai stood up and grabbed my shoulders, squaring me off to face him. He looked in my eyes for any sign of emotion. Whether I should be excited, going bat crazy, or what I just there nodding. 
 
“I-I unstopped time?” I looked questionably to Tao. He only nodded and pursed his lips. 
 
“What?” Baekhyun leaned over the table and looked past Kai‘s head and to me. The only ones who looked confused now was just my side of the table. 
 
“She’s the Matriarch.” Xiumin smiled cockily and his lips. It almost seemed like he didn’t think I was worthy to be.  “she has all the powers like ours and even more.” 
 
“No way, noona.” Sehun’s mouth hung open. Everyone was still looking at me awkwardly. 
 
“Guys you can quit looking at me like that. I’m still Misty.” 
 
“Yea, but you’re like ancient and official. My baba’s going to flip when he finds out the Matriarch is back.” Chen exclaimed excitedly. 
 
“No!” Kris spoke loud and cut everyone’s small whispers off. “We tell no one. If word got out to the wrong people then there’s no telling what would amass. What has been said today stays in this room.” 
 
 What bad things would happen? Why does it matter if I’m the Matriarch. , I just acknowledged I’m the Matriarch. I don’t feel like one, my stomach keeps groaning but I think that’s all the sesame chicken.
 
  “We should talk about living arrangements.” Kris made his way back to his chair at the head of the table. He sat down and everyone followed suit. Kai reluctantly grabbed my hand  and folded over back in his chair, tugging me by my arm till I sat to. 
 
“What do you mean living arrangements?” I raised my brow. 
 
“We can have her moved in by tomorrow and then after that Chen and I can clear out spare rooms for-”
 
“What?!” I cut Xiumin off. “Why would I live here? What’s wrong with Seoul?”
 
“It’s not safe My Lady.” my lady? What is this 1690? “The sooner you move back in to your original home the better.” Kris whirled is he finger in the air, suggesting this cave house was mine. 
 
“She’s safe in Seoul.” Kai spoke. “She’s always surrounded by people, I’m even next door. If she has all the powers then there’s no need to hide her.”
 
“How long until Jaekyu puts together why she can teleport and use light? There’s a reason her mother hid her on a secluded island.” Tao looked down and shakily added to the argument. A single drop of water hit the table, he was crying. Why?
 
“Exactly.” Kris sighed. 
 
“No. I’m not leaving Seoul. I have my dad and school and new friends and -” I tried to protest.
 
“And what are you going to do if someone shows up and kills your Appa just to get to you? Do you not know that if they got a hold of you they will kill you and take your powers and completely destroy the balance of things!” Kris stood up and slammed his fist on the table, the gold flashing in his eyes. 
 
“No one’s going to hurt me!” my chair careened backwards as I stood up and looked Kris in the eye. “I can take care of myself.” I growled. 
 
“Cause you’ve clearly done a brilliant job of that.” He snorted. “Tell me again Yixing, how many times has she stripped for you so you could heal her broken bones and stop bleeding? Is it three now?”
 
“Shut up!” I snarled and slapped him across the face. In a flash he grabbed my wrist and yanked it hard, sending me stumbling behind him. Kai ported quickly in front of me and caught me as I was about to fall. 
 
“See.” Kris smirked. “You’re even defenseless in a room of 12 men.” 
 
“I turned around slowly and squinted hard.” If looks could kill I’d be burning holes in his head. Unfortunately looks can’t kill but I hear lightning bites like a . I held my hand out and watched the flicks of blue light wrap around my fingertips. Its tickled but this was not the time to let a giggle out. I watched a movie once where a guy could shoot electricity from his fingers just by pointing his pointer finger and middle finger out. I those two fingers out and aimed them right at a chuckling Kris. 
 
 The lightening cracked loudly and popped him in the back. He arched violently and yelped in surprise as the blue stream retracted and receded back in my hand. I didn’t want to hurt him but I did want him to know he can’t rattle my cage. 
 
“I am not defenseless.” I whispered. 
 
 If I thought the nervous looks were bad I was poorly mistaken. Every face in the room now look shocked and scared. Tao ran to Kris and helped him up. I immediately regretted snapping at Kris but he was asking for it. You don’t talk to anyone like that, and not to be big-headed already but you sure as hell don’t talk to a Matriarch like that. 
 
“Fine. Go back to Seoul, get everyone killed, see if I care.” Kris groaned as he stood up. He turned back to me, eyes completely glowing that vibrant yellow. He walked off with Tao on his heels. “Just remember who the good guys are.” 
 
 
  “He’s only trying to do what’s right.” Xiumin walked out, frowning a bit. Chen walked past me next and just nodded. 
 
 Kai’s arms wrapped around me as he pulled me in to his chest. I closed my eyes and focused on his beating heart. Both our hearts were beating fast but in sync. I felt another hand rubbing my back and I looked back to see Yixing broken heartedly smiling. 
 
“I’ll see you guys later. I’m going to stay here tonight and go see if Kris needs any um…healing.” Yixing bit his lip and walked out slowly. 
 
“Arraso.” I mumbled and buried my face deeper in Kai’s chest, guilt fully sinking in. 
 
Stop beating yourself up
 
 Luhan’s voice echoed in my head. I tilted my head back out and looked over to a grinning Luhan.
 
You can hear my thoughts too now you know?
 
I didn’t even try to.
 
Maybe its just old you coming back?
 
I guess…
 
What Kris said is true though, you are putting your dad in danger and any other mortal friends. You will have to live here soon. Its safer. Just don’t make the decision too late. Okay? 
 
Luhan I’m not stupid. If there was any danger being in Seoul I will come here. I’d never let my friends get hurt. No one knows what I am. I don’t even think my dad does, he’d be useless. 
 
I understand. I love you, be safe.
 
Wait, how are you getting home?
 
Ah, Sehun offered to, as he said ‘fly me on a carpet of wind and show me a whole new world.’
 
That idiot.
 
Give him credit though, at least his thoughts were innocent this time
 
“Pabo!” I giggled and looked at Sehun. 
 
“What did I do?!” He screeched and flipped his hair. 
 
“Ani, go take your magic carpet ride.” He blushed a bright red before collapsing on the floor with fake sounds of anguish and mumbling ‘let me die now’. 
 
“What’s that about?” Kai looked down at me questionably.
 
“Nothing.” I smiled, feeling a bit better. 
 
“Ready to go?” Kyungsoo walked over and laid a hand on Kai’s shoulder. Suho, Chanyeol and Baekhyun slowly walked over and linked hands together. 
 
 We dropped Suho and Kyungsoo off at their houses and left Chanyeol and Baekhyun at Kyungsoo’s apartment. They made an excuse of going to a midnight movie before curfew. It was just me and Kai. We were in my room, sitting on my bed as I sighed. 
 
“Something other than tonight  is still bothering you.” Kai smacked my shoulder. 
 
“How can you tell?” 
 
“You’re still staring off in to space and scrunching your brows together. You do that any longer and you’ll have a unibrow.” He smiled. 
 
“Yah” I lazily smacked his knee. “Its nothing, just an internal debate.” 
 
“About?” he pried. Why the hell not tell him everything. It will be one less thing to worry about.
 
“There’s this guy I like a lot.” Kai’s face dropped as he realized I was being serious. 
 
“His friend told me he likes me too and sometimes he does things that make me think he cares for me too. He also shuts down on me too. One minute we’re laughing and the next he starts getting snappy when I get curious about him. I can deal with getting to know him like that though.” 
 
“Well he sounds like he doesn’t really know how amazing you are.” he bit his lip. “or he’s afraid you’ll see how amazing he isn’t.” 
 
“That’s the thing though. He’s so amazing. He peaked my interest the first day I met him and he picked my underwear off the ground.” I blushed. 
 
“Well then he’s an idiot.” Kai chuckled. “but what's the dramatic internal debate about?” 
 
“There’s another guy…” I flinched. “I like him as a friend a lot and he’s helped me too and I feel like I owe him because he’s saved my life a couple of times. I wouldn’t feel that pressured except he’s kissed me and told me he really likes.” I sighed and looked at Kai. 
 
“I see.” Kai breathed in slowly. “do you like the friend back?” 
 
“I don’t.” 
 
“Good.” Kai leaned in and grabbed my face gently. His lips were an inch away as he looked me in my eyes. “cause I don’t want to feel guilty about this.” he closed the gap and his soft lips were on mine. My heart felt like bursting from my chest with joy. My hands reached up and cupped his cheeks, pulling him in closer. 
 
 It was the sweetest kiss I’d ever had. I hated comparing Kai to Hoya but this kiss was so much better. Hoya always made it seem like it was supposed to be rough and passionate. The simple act of Kai’s gentle ministrations with his lips on mine was both sweet and passionate though. My phone fell on the floor with a thud as I scooted forward and sat in Kai's lap. We kept kissing, massaging each others lips and occasionaly brushing tongues past.
 
“Misty-ah! Are you home?!” I heard Appa’s heavy footsteps up the stairs as he made his way to my room. I gasped and looked at my door. I held my hand out experimentally and flicked my wrist, willing the lock on my knob to lock its self. With the small metal click I grabbed Kai’s neck and smashed our lips back together and pulled his hands to wrap around my waist. My father knocked harshly on the door and made it rattle in its frame. 
 
“Young lady open this door now.” I heard him huff as Kai over my lips attentively. “I will give you the count to yeol before I bust this door open….Hana!”
 
“I better go.” Kai pulled back and whispered. He was panting and leaned back in so our foreheads were touching. “sorry for getting you in trouble.” 
 
“Its fine. I’d get in trouble either way.” He kissed me one last time and walked towards the window. 
 
“Oh.” He turned around on his heel and smiled from nearly ear to ear. “How about we go on a date tomorrow?” 
 
“Sounds fun if I Appa doesn‘t murder me.” I smiled. “Now go!” I shooed him off and turned back to the banging on my door.
 
“Dul!” 
 
“Appa I’m coming!” I whined. 
 
“You hurry up! We need to have a long talk about why you hung up one me!” He spoke sternly. 
 
  I didn’t even think of an excuse. Ugh if only I had more tim-….I am a true genius. 
 
 I imagined Tao coaching me in to starting time but if I just did the opposite for stopping it could work right? The imaginary clock in front of me was clicking and I held my finger out to stop it. Done. 
 
 The banging stopped and my alarm clock on my nightstand froze at 12:47am. All I need to do now is slip in to my nightgown and scrunch my hair up. I was quick to slide in to my blue long gown and scruff my hair up so it looked like I was sleeping. Snatching my covers back I rolled around a few good times to make my bed look slept in and beat my pillows for wrinkles. After that I peeked out to see my dads red angry face froze. 
 
“That’s just ing creepy.” I waved my hand in front of his face for good measure. Really creepy. I shut the door back and looked at my alarm clock, the clock ticked to 12:48 and the banging continued. 
 
“Wae?” I coughed fakely and looked at my dad in the hall, squinting and pretending the light hurt my eyes. 
 
“You have some serious explaining to do.” He turned my light on and walked in to my room. 
 
“What are you doing?” I rolled my eyes.
 
“I heard a mans voice when I called you. Why did you hang up on me? Did you go to China again? Why didn’t you come back like I asked you to?” He flipped my bed skirt up and looked under there then he marched to the closet and flung it open. 
 
“You’re asking too many things.” I pinched my nose. “I just woke up and you’re yelling at me.” 
 
“Don't hang up on me and I won’t have to yell at you!” He walked in to my bathroom and checked the shower. 
 
“Fine!” I sighed loudly. “I was watching TV when you called, guilty. No I didn’t go to China. As for hanging up on you I didn’t, did you pay the bill? No, cause its on the floor back in your office. Lastly I didn’t go back cause I was really sick.” I plopped on my bed, proud of my reasons. 
 
“Well…you should have called me back on the house phone!” He scowled. 
 
“Appa, I’m really sorry okay but I’m more than qualified to stay home alone. I stayed home with mom all the time and took care of her. I’m fine on my own.” I reasoned again. 
 
“Arra. I know you’re grown but still, I can’t trust it with that boy poofing everywhere.”
 
“Can’t trust him or can’t trust me?” I leaned up and cocked my brow.
 
“I’m...not sure.” He sighed.
 
“Are you kidding me?” I scoffed. “I’m you’re daughter. You can trust me.” 
 
“Can I?” he looked me in the eyes. “I couldn’t even trust your Umma.”
 
“What does that even mean? That’s the second time you’ve contradicted yourself about her.” I stood up and crossed my arms.
 
“Nothing.” He walked to my door. “I’m not going to speak ill of the passed, let your mother rest in peace.” With that he flicked my light off and shut the door tight. 
 
What the hell has my life become?



An: I know I make you guys wait a while for updates so I hope this one was worth the wait. I know some of you got what wanted in that kiss ;) Also its 5:10am WHAT AM I DOING UP?!?!? Oh yea, proof reading. xD LOL Dear lord some one keep me from strangling AFF though, I kept clicking links on the side by accident. WHO PUT THOSE THERE?!?! and then I'd lose what all I had proofread and corrected so far and just yes. Also just an fyi this whole fic is secretly about Keithii18 SO BOW TO HER NOW PEASANTS!!!! (ps. sorry I revealed your secret)

                                                                  CommentSubscribeUpvoteFart

Also I wrote my first -hides- please read it too if you want a sneak peak at how I write and stuff  
Achoo! [M] [Complete]

                                                                              Have a little , I shall call him Kai