Preview

Forced [Incomplete]

(EDITED)

“Misty let’s go!” my dad yelled out from the back of the moving van.

 

“Yea yea.” I whined. We’d been driving 7 hours from Wando Island to our new home in Seoul. Sure its nice to get away from island life but its really busy here and smelly. For eighteen years I’ve lived the simple and breezy life on the coast. Our house was cozy, only three rooms. One was for me, another for my sweet parents and the last as an office and storage room. My parents never planned on me so my mother sacrificed my sewing room to accommodate for a bouncing baby girl, me. Yeah, I was pretty spoiled.

 

“You better have a box in your hand in the next minute or I’m taking your baking rights away!” My dad grunted and heaved another box up on his shoulder. Like hell he would, he could burn water.

 

“Yah! Quit being so dramatic, I’m slow cause I‘m tired. You decided to sleep halfway here and I had to sit up front with that creepy driver. No way I‘d sleep near him.” I grabbed a big box of my clothes and ran for the door. I sold as much of my clothes as could, Appa promised a shopping spree to replace whatever I left behind. Seems like a good deal, after all weather in seoul is colder than weather on Wando.

  Stepping in to our new house I was relieved that it was much bigger than our last. It was hard to leave my childhood home behind but at least I got to leave the bad things behind too. Times were hard in the last years of my mothers life. I left public school to help take care of her so I often had a burden every morning. Cooking for her, cleaning the house, making sure she was comfortable and even running errands around the island. Not to say my mother was a burden though. She was sweet, beautiful and always patient. She often made me sit down to do schoolwork.

 

“Hey, there’s a few more boxes in the back. I’m going to go ahead and get the good china unwrapped, you get the rest.” Appa smiled at me as he pushed me back to the door. Just like most fathers he liked to push his kids to do as much work for him as they could. I only giggled at him, knowing that the china was a prized possession to him.

 

“Ne, is there anyone out there?” I smiled cutely. It’s no secret to Appa that I can teleport and I’d seek out any moment to use it, it’s fun to feel the air rush around me.

 

“Waeyo? Its only thirty feet to the van. Can’t you just walk?” He groaned. Appa didn't approve of me teleporting so much, saying that it doesn't teach me to utilize my body and brain.

 

“Appa, but my feet hurt and my from sitting so long, and I think I’m bruising.” I whined loudly, completely annoyed with his antics for the rest of the day.

 

“Aaah, just go normally! Aigoo, you’re my princess I want you to have a good responsible mind.” He walked off with the china rattling. No doubt his eyes were rolling just as much as mine. I didn’t lie though, I was tired. As soon as I get my futon laid out I will sleep three days.
    
    The movers had already left and set the last boxes on the sidewalk. If someone had walked off with our stuff Appa would have a fit. I heaved the boxes up and steadied myself. I couldn’t even see over the top of the boxes but two trips are for wusses right? I walked straight ahead slowly, keeping the boxes balanced perfectly. I looked down and saw the crooked brick and the one that stuck out, I made a mental note that it meant I was few more steps from the door. Suddenly the boxes tilted dramatically and I was tipped over on to the ground.

 

“Oomph!” I yelped and looked up as boxes of clothes cascaded down taking me with them. I rubbed my head and picked garments off of me and looked up. The sun shone down on a boy. He looked as dumbstruck as me.

 

“I always thought if I got ran over, my angel would be a bit more charming.” I groaned.

 

“Good thing I’m no angel and you’re not run over.” He put a hand on my back and helped me up. “Sorry, I was looking down and didn’t see you walking. I didn’t even know someone was moving in here.” He looked at the house and studying it, looking a bit sad.

 

“Oh. Well, we are now.” I brushed my legs off and reached behind my back to swipe any grass off. Looking at the lopsided boxes I groaned noticing they had come undone, my clean clothes splaying everywhere over the sidewalk. “Crap.” I knelt over and began stuffing them back in boxes.

 

“Here, let me help.” he knelt down and lifted a box back up, stuffing my underwear back in. Thank goodness my hair covered my face enough to hide my blush. He was obviously embarrassed though because he immediately set the box down and just watched awkwardly, his feet pointing away like he was ready to high tail out of there.

 

“So, um, do you live around here?” I tried to make friendly conversation as he stood there awkwardly.

 

“Yea, I live right there.” he pointed to the house beside ours. “It’s just my sister and I.”

 

“Oh…” I bit my lip as I studied his large house. It’s hard to think only two people live there but then again look at my father and I. “Wow your parent’s must have great jobs overseas.

 

“Uhm, well, no.” he stuttered. “They passed away when I was young.”

 

“Oh sorry.” I blushed at how I just assumed his parents lived overseas.  “I know how you feel though. My mom died a few years ago.” I nodded.

 

“Sorry for your loss.” he bit his lip. Clearly neither of us really knew how the other felt.

 

“Its fine, cancer is a but we’re okay, my dad and me.” I smiled as I closed the last box up. I lifted one up and walked back towards the door. “Speaking of my dad, I should go in before he yells at me.” I smiled shyly to the boy and walked backwards a few feet.

 

“I can help you get this last one in if you want?” He stood there dumbly pointing down at the box. I was beginning to wonder if this kid would even know his own name.  

 

“No it’s fine.” My lips curled more as I shook my head. “I wouldn’t want to risk getting ran over again by you, besides I need the exercise.” I grinned.

 

“You look nice to me.” he mumbled as he nodded and walked away. I don’t think I was meant to hear him cause when I giggled he sped up and walked away more stiffly. like a North Korean soldier.

 

“Meet the neighbors?” Appa asked as I walked in with three boxes, safely. I watched as he shuffled books around and laid them out on the counter.

 

“Ne, just a boy, he said he lives with his sister next door.” I set the boxes down in my room and walked back out to talk to Appa as he shuffled more things around, probably thinking he was being productive but we both know just setting books on a counter is ironically counter productive.

 

“Ah a boy, better stay away.” he grinned. Appa loved to tease me, knowing good and well I’ve had the same boyfriend for two years.

 

“Appa, no way, I‘m not that kind of girl, you and Hoya are the only men for me.” I grinned, teasing him back. Hoya was back on Wando and he was someone who loved me very much. We weren’t sure how we were going to make this distance thing work but I always had porting as a way to save on train tickets. I need sleep before I even think of seeing Hoya soon though. I yawned as I bit in to the core of my apple, hoping to get my dads attention. “Appa, can I go sleep now? I’m tiired.” I whined and pouted my lip out, balling my fists up and rubbing my cheeks. “Please Appa.”

 

“Eesh. Just go, you already knew the answer the moment you pouted.” he scowled.

 

“Thank you! Goodnight, Appa.!” I kissed his cheek and trudged slowly to my room.

 

 It had been a seven hour drive, I barely had any clothes left, I think I have a bruise from that seat belt and my jeans had a grass stain from falling . Yep, I was going to sleep like a brick now. I rolled my makeshift futon out and tossed my covers and pillow on it. After slipping in to some cotton shorts and shirt I pulled my phone out and text my boyfriend as I lay in my room, the glow of my phone lighting my face.

   

 

   

Hoya-
  Made it here safe! My neighbor is weird and I think I will have bruises for a week from all this heavy lifting. Miss you already and see you soon.♥ Talk to you tomorrow.
                -Misty

 



 

AN: Just a preview! Next chapter will go up on Tuesday! (130219) I expect this to be at 6-10 chapters? Also I am off haitus YAY I got moved in well and I'm doing fine, I have plenty of time to write again! AND OMFG THANK YOU ALL FOR FOLLOWING♥♥♥♥.

(EDITED)

Lol look how damn excited I was in my AN. Damn I was weird. AlsoAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH@6-10 chapters. Wow me from a year ago amuses