Chapter 8

standing in a broken glass

Seungho was driving for hours without really knowing where he was headed. He just knew, he had to escape. The dawn was aproaching and the sun was slowly rising from the east. The darkness was being pushed away by the first rays of light that struggled through the clouds. Different colors danced around, changing the night into a day and Seungho pulled over for a while to savour the scenery. It was nice, peaceful. The world was still sleeping so it was quiet and Seungho enjoyed the silence, the feel of being alone.  A soft breeze messed his hair, the  gentle coldness bringing him back to reality. Suddenly he knew, where he had to go. He got back into a car and continued to drive. Soon he arrived at the old house. It belonged to his family for a long time but since it was located outside of the town, it was very rarely used. The dust covered the shelfs and the air was stuffy, but the melancholic atmosphere was exactly what Seungho needed. He snuggled under the blanket in a living room and fall asleep. 

 

Cheondoong was first to wake up. After taking a quick shower he went into the kitchen and started to prepare something light for breakfast. After a few minutes Mir joined him and started to make a coffee. They were all done when G.O. came out of his room. They served breakfast and decided to start eating without waiting for Seungho. They were hungry and they knew, the leader was a sleepy head. However, time flew and Seungho was still nowhere to be seen. G.O. decided to go and check on him. He opened the door to his room and froze. It was dark in there, but he could still see the empty bed and wardrobe. He cursed.

"What is it, hyung?" asked Mir.

"He left." replied G.O.

"Hey, look at this!" Cheondoong was on his laptop, his eyes wide. They looked at the screen and read the message Seungho left for the fans, the tears started to fall. They understood how he felt very well. But G.O. also got angry. How could he do that to them? How could he just pack his stuff and leave? Without telling them anything? If he needed space he could just ask them. 

"I'm going after him."

"Hyung?"

"He can't do that to us. Not now. Not like this."

G.O. stormed off to his room and grabbed a few things, throwing them inside his bag.

"But we don't know where he is."

"Well, I will just look for him then. And won't stop until I find him."

"Doesn't his family own a house outside of the town? I think, he might go there." said Cheondoong.

They all decided to check out the old house first. Cheondoong was right, it was a perfect place to hide.

They arrived around noon. The house looked empty, but Seungho's car was parked outside and they breathed a sigh of relief, knowing they found him so quickly.

 

G.O. started to furiously knock on the door. Seungho woke up and went to open a door. He was still half-asleep and his actions were just a reflex. Otherwise, he would probably been more careful but since he wasn't thinking clearly he just opened the door and let the members storm in. 

 

"You are such an idiot! Why would you do this?" G.O. started to shout and it angered Seungho.

"Well, because I wanted to be alone but you had to ruin it and come here. Why can't you just leave me be for some time? Is it so hard to understand how I feel right now?"

"Yes! Do you think we don't feel the same? We also feel the guilt, the responsibility. We know, we can't continue as MBLAQ like this. WE KNOW. But we need to stay together. We need to overcome this together!"

"But I can't! I can't because I am the leader and I should take care of you, but right now I just CAN'T. So I don't want to be around you, I don't want to feel the pressure anymore."

BAM.

G.O. lost it and punched Seungho right in the face.

"We are not asking you to take care of us, we just want you to be here with us! God dammit!"

Seungho pushed G.O. away with enough force to make the other stumble.

"Leave me alone!"

Mir couldn't take it anymore and started to shout.

"YOU ARE BOTH SUCH IDIOTS! I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL, BUT FORGET ABOUT BEING A LEADER FOR A MOMENT, WOULD YOU? MBLAQ IS GONNA DISBAND ANYWAY AND WE ARE FRIENDS BEFORE WE ARE MEMBERS SO STOP TAKING EVERYTHING UPON YOURSELF AND YOU G.O. SHOULD STOP BEING SO AGRESSIVE. THIS IS HARD FOR ALL OF US, NO NEED TO START A FIGHT. DO YOU THINK JOON WOULD WANT THIS? WE FAILED HIM WHILE HE WAS ALIVE AND NOW YOU WANT TO FAIL HIM EVEN WHEN HE IS DEAD?"

They were all stunned by Mir's words, but he was right. Joon wouldn't want them to fight and they couldn't bring themselves to do anything, Joon wouldn't like anymore. They were breathing hard, their eyes glassy, but their souls were slowly healing...