chapter 15

standing in a broken glass

may 3 2007:

"why don't we go hang out today? we can do something fun" i asked her. "like what?" she asked. "i don't know" i answered  "i just want to do something".  "okay let's meet tonight at 8 pm at the park that's near the school and we'll go together from there".  "where are we going?". "you'll see" she flashed me one of her smiles and  i didn't say anything after that. "hey why don't we go eat with the rest of the students? we still have time"i said after a moment of silence . "all of a sudden?" she raised her eyebrow. "i'm just hungry" i chuckled. she agreed and we went downstairs to the other kids, i think this is the first time that i had lunch with them, which was kind of weird since i knew them for a couple of months now. 

 

 

i decided to leave a couple of minutes earlier since i'll have to take the bus, so i got there before she did, i can't believe how excited i am just to meet her, i don't remember when was the last time i felt like this. 

she arrived a couple of minutes after i did, she then asked me to follow her and i did. turns out that we were going to a bar. i don't know what to feel about this, it's the same bar that i used to go to and it's the one where i met the guy who gave me the drugs, still i wasn't planning on ruining the night and so i didn't say anything, i had my fake ID in my wallet and she had hers so it wasn't that hard to get in. 

when we got in we ordered two beers for us and we drank it. she asked why i acted so differently today, i told her that i didn't know but that i felt different too and that i felt good. that suffocating feeling that used to be always there wasn't, i told her that i even paid attention during classes and that i even solved a math problem which made her laugh. i wish i'll always feel like that, i feel alive and for once i don't feel like i'm different from anyone else. tonight i noticed how hot she is, she was wearing a black tight dress and her hair was as straight as always, she even had some make-up on. "let's dance" i suddenly asked, she agreed and we got up to the dance floor. "i heard you dance" she said close to my ear so i can hear her, i nodded. she got closer again "well,show me some of your moves" she backed up a little and smiled. i nodded even though i never dance in front of people but for some reason i didn't mind to do it tonight.

i went a bit towards the middle of the dance floor and started dancing, she was watching me and soon people gathered around me and started cheering for me, it was amazing, i felt like i was good at something and that i wasn't this useless kid. i was smiling the whole time, at the end i decided to do a triple flip. one of my feat slipped while doing the last flip, thankfully i managed to stand up fast, i looked at ji hyun and she was laughing at me. the crowed cheered for me once again, i thanked them and went to ji hyun ''don't worry no one noticed that'' she said laughing ''but god that face that you made when you looked up, that was hilarious'' she laughed again and i did as well. we didn't say anything for the next moment, i was staring at her without even realizing ''what?'' she asked. i didn't answer i just tilted my head to the right and got closer, i closed my eyes and met her soft lips, she backed up at first and i opened my eyes she stared at me for a second before closing her eyes and pulling me closer to her, i wrapped my arms around her waist, she tasted just like the beer we just had and i can smell her cologne, the same one that she puts on everyday at school. i pulled her closer if that was even possible. after a moment i pulled back to get some air. she was smiling shyly and i was too. "okay so who are you and what did you do to lee joon?" she questioned laughing and i laughed too.