"Eun-shil?"

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Why does it feel like you've been avoiding me lately?"

 

Woohyun turned to Eun-shil nervously but diverted his gaze elsewhere when their eyes met. "I'm just busy with our soccer team."

"Is that so..." Eun-shil eyed him suspiciously. "Or... Did you get yourself a girlfriend...?"

Woohyun turned to her abruptly, almost surprising her. "Why would I?!"

"I was just asking..." She got out of the wardrobe, leaving Woohyun feeling nervous on his own. Woohyun had been avoiding her these past few days, even at school. He refused to have lunch together with her and spent most of the evenings practising soccer.

"It isn't like that... It's just..." Woohyun began but when he tried to look at Eun-shil who was sitting on the old bed, his eyes met her body and it was making him feel...weird.

"You're ashamed to hang around me anymore?" She asked again, looking quite somber.

Woohyun got out from the wardrobe, and sat on the bed next to her, looking ahead him. "Why would I be ashamed? You're like my best friend."

Eun-shil smiled to herself before turning to Woohyun. "Is that so... Then, why were you avoiding me these lately?"

He turned to her at that question but her pouting lips were distracting him very much so he looked away again. "I... I don't think... You'd want to know."

"Oh, come on! We've known each other for almost 8 years now! I could still remember you wetting your bed and all!" She laughed earnestly, earning herself some grunts from Woohyun.

"Still... It's a bit..." He cleared his throat.

"What is it?" Eun-shil asked, her voice suddenly sounded so serious that Woohyun turned to her again, looking her straight into her eyes for a moment. Then his eyes moved down to her lips.

"I had a dream." He said, slowly, looking at her lips still.

"What dream?"

"Of you."

"Me?"

He looked up to her face. "Yeah. I saw you in my dream."

"What was I doing?"

"You were... We were..." He blinked rapidly before swallowing his answer, "Kissing."

"Kissing?" Eun-shil's eyes perked up before she felt like laughing. "We were? But that's..."

"Yeah. Shut up already!" He grunted, crossing his arms.

Eun-shil looked at him for a moment. "I had a dream about you, too."

Woohyun turned to her cautiously. "You did? What was I doing in it?"

Eun-shil's face blushed so suddenly, making Woohyun felt like his heart was going to burst. "Well... You were..."

"Doing inappropriate things..." He continued.

"What!" Eun-shil suddenly shrieked, looking at him with disbelieve.

"What? What?" He asked panicking.

"What do you mean inappropriate things?" She said, blushing even more. "You were only... We got married in my dream! That's all!"

Woohyun mouth fall open and he looked at her unblinking. "We got married?"

"Yeah..." She sniffed, took a glance at him before pouting. "It's a really funny dream."

"Why is it funny?"

"Because we got married." She said, matter-of-factly.

"But what's so funny about us getting married? Don't you want to marry me?" He asked, almost sincerely so. Eun-shil looked up to him and met his eyes.

"You want to marry me...?"

"I remember proposing to you when we were 8." He said, smiling.

"You still remember about that..." She smiled weakly.

"Of course, and it's still valid, you see. So, let's get married, Eun-shil." He was smiling wide, making Eun-shil felt irked out a bit but a still, a bit touched.

"In your dreams!" She laughed.

"Wrong, it's in your dream." He corrected her, looking at her laughing face with intent. "So, did we kiss in your dream?"

Eun-shil stopped laughing and gazed down on her lap. "Um."

 

Then they both became quiet before they looked up to each other's face. Woohyun's eyes never left her lips while her eyes were watching his eyes and occasionally, she too looked down on his lips. When his eyes moved to meet hers, his hand went up to her face and touched her soft cheek, caressing it gently.

Then, he slowly leaned in to her face and Eun-shil was blinking rapidly, feeling her heart was going to burst. His skin was so near her face that she closed her eyes tightly and held her breath. Woohyun didn't close his eyes until his lips met hers and they stayed like that for a few seconds. Eun-shil could feel his tender lips against her but she didn't dare to open her eyes, realising that they were "somehow" kissing. When Woohyun finally pulled away, she opened her eyes wide but didn't dare to look up to his face.

 

Woohyun was still watching her, feeling somehow calm when he touched her face again. He made her look at him straight into his eyes. "I dreamed that I was doing inappropriate things to you..."

Eun-shil was at loss of words but she went on looking at him, with a violent heart rate.

"That was why... I avoided you these past few days. Every time I look at you, I'll be reminded of that dream, and..." His eyes went down to scan her body, which was wrapped in the white school shirt. His breathing became somehow rapid before he looked at her in the eyes again and pulled her in to kiss her again, lousily yet deeper.

 

Eun-shil closed her eyes again, receiving the kiss with a thumping heart before he broke the kiss and looked down her face, their foreheads against one another.

"Eun-shi?"

"Yes?"

"Marry me?"

"In your dreams."

 

 

 

 

Eun-shil woke up from her sleep feeling lethargic. Her hands were still attached to the IVs and everything. It was late in the evening, but the sun was still warm. She looked weakly around her room, looking for Woohyun. He was nowhere in sight and Eun-shil heaved in a deep breath. It was the fifth day of her chemotherapy and the dosage was high enough to make her lose her energy to do anything else. She would be sleeping most of the hours; waking up just to drink something or eat a little. Being attached to all those tubes 24 hours a day was nothing but hard.

 

The door was opened slowly and Woohyun came in, with a mask on. He was smiling, as Eun-shil could tell by looking at his eyes. She returned the smile, and watched him sat on the chair next to her bed.

"I went home to cook you some food. Do you want to eat now?"

Eun-shil went on looking at him for a moment before nodding. Woohyun smiled again and took out a small container. He spooned some soup for her, feeding her carefully. After the third feed, Eun-shil shook her head and shut her eyes.

"You have to eat at least a bit more."  His voice was muffled behind the mask.

She shook her head again.

 

Woohyun put the spoon down and wiped with a tissue. Her eyes dimmed for a while before she fell asleep again. Woohyun got up and cleared away the food before getting up and went out to the visitor's toilet to toss away all the food he brought.

 

He went back to her room, cleaned his hands with the sanitizer and put on another mask. The doctor had warned him that anyone entering her room must be properly sanitized as Eun-shil was really prone to infections during her chemo. Last night her platelet counts just dropped by all of the sudden; resulting her nose to profusely bleed. She was okay the first three days of her chemo but the side effects were star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter