"Much simpler. Much better."

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Woohyun slammed the door of his car, and knocked his head onto the steering wheels. He let out a small groan, and looked ahead for a while. It was the first time that Eun-shil had refused him like that and he was left feeling confused and hurt but he knew well that it wasn't her fault. The doctor had warned him that Eun-shil might lose her desire, that being exposed to even the people she loved would be a bit difficult. He knew well that Eun-shil was beginning to lose her self-confidence, of course, after months of staying isolated and given how she looked like then. She tend to shun away from people too, not contacting anyone, even those from the orphanage or from her workplace.

 

But he was hoping that it wouldn't at least include him.

 

He leaned his forehead against the steering wheels again, rolling his forehead from side to side, scolding himself. Then, he gazed up towards the house and waited another five seconds before he went out of his car again.

 

Eun-shil was lying on her side, facing the windows. She wasn't sleeping but her eyes were closed. She was thinking about Woohyun, thinking about how to apologize to him, and how she hated herself for suddenly reacting like that. She was still crying a bit when she heard the knocks on her window. She opened her eyes slowly and saw Woohyun knocking on it, and when he saw her, he smiled apologetically.

 

Eun-shil got up from her bed, slowly and went down. She tottered to the windows and stood near it, looking at Woohyun's gentle eyes. Woohyun got his phone out and was writing something with his finger. Eun-shil looked at him, longingly so when he held up his phone.

 

 

미안해

(I'm sorry)

 

 

Eun-shil laughed a bit and more tears came out as she shook her head. She pointed at his phone, and then she pointed at herself before pointing at Woohyun.

 

Woohyun smiled and he was writing another word.

 

사랑해

(I love you)

 

 

Eun-shil nodded through her tears, and mouthed "Me too" to him, putting her hand on the glass window.

 

Woohyun was watching her teary face but her smile made him felt so relieved. He didn't even realise that her face changed as she was looking at something behind him and before he could even turn, Sunggyu's loud voice came into his ears.

 

 

"What are you guys playing?" Sunggyu asked, looking at Woohyun with her furrowed eyebrows, his lips pushed together.

Woohyun almost got a heart attack, holding his chest in surprise and looked at Sunggyu distastefully. "Nothing."

 

Sunggyu looked at Eun-shil behind the glass and waved at her. Eun-shil broke into another laughter before waving back at him. He took a peek at Woohyun's phone before getting out his own phone and wrote something. Woohyun and Eun-shil was watching him quietly, and before showing it to Woohyun, Sunggyu hold it up for Eun-shil to see.

 

오빠가 배고프다

(Oppa is hungry)

 

 

Eun-shil laughed and nodded, making Woohyun annoyed again.

"You don't have to be shy. Come on in." Sunggyu said, giving a botox smile.

Woohyun watched him walking away before writing something on his phone again.

 

=_=

 

Dinner that night was perhaps the liveliest dinner they had.

 

When Woohyun came around the next day, he heard some familiar tune from outside. It was the tune that filled his childhood with Eun-shil, growing up together in the orphange. Eun-shil would always play the song when she got to sit before the organ. She said it was her favourite, as it was the first song she'd heard in the church. Woohyun entered Sunggyu's house silently, sanitized his hands and walked up to stand behind Eun-shil who was finishing the song. The keyboard was set to organ notes, though lack the depth of its sound, it sounded beautiful under her fingers.

 

"I had always wished it was longer." Woohyun said, sitting down on keyboard stool next to her.

Eun-shil turned to him shortly. "It's the only decent song that I could actually play."

"BWV 640. Bach." He smiled to himself.

"In dich hab' ich gehoffet, Herr." She said, quietly.

Woohyun held her hand that was on her lap, and pulled her head onto his shoulder. "You are playing it again."

"Yeah, Sunggyu Oppa bought it the other day."

"I remember you cried so much when you didn't get into the choir team." Woohyun pressed a key, making a long D note.

"I still feel a little resent about it." She laughed.

"You should. You were better than all those other kids." Woohyun laughed as well.

"My fingers were too short." She said, holding up her hand.

"But th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter