"I wish I am..."

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Woohyun woke up from a long dream that he couldn't recall much but there was a heavy feeling to it. Eun-shil was facing the other way, probably sleeping still. He inched in closer to her, touching her torso lightly before kissing her arm over her shirt. She stirred a bit as Woohyun snuggled her from behind. Eun-shil held his arm that was over her chest, still closing her eyes, staying in his embrace for a moment.

"You need to get up for work." She said, softly.

"Just a minute more." He closed his eyes and sniffed in the scent of her neck, embracing her tighter.

 

After a while, he got up and turned her over, staring her with a gentle gaze. Eun-shil looked back and smiled faintly. He came closer and kissed her forehead.

"Want to take a bath with me?" He asked, smiling widely.

Eun-shil only made a face, making him laugh.

 

When Woohyun was done taking a shower, Eun-shil was standing near the window glass, looking outside. Her face was blank, but her eyes seemed like they were in pain. She looked small and frail, as if the lightest touch could break her. That made him rather afraid of taking his eyes off of her.

 

 

As if she was about to disappear just any time...

 

 

After Woohyun had left with a worried face, Eun-shil sat down on the couch and tried to watch the TV but she didn't understand what she was watching that much. She turned the TV off and lay down on the floor, looking up the ceiling. She felt tired but she couldn't bring herself to sleep. She began to think about various things, mainly about her father and Sunggyu. She wondered if Sunggyu would want to see her again. She still remembers the words he said the other day when she asked him to leave.

 

"I think it's unfair for you to ask me to leave." He said with a serious face, with a hint of a sad smile. 

Eun-shil could only look up his face as he patted her head and smiled graciously. "There is no need to be embarrassed. I'm your brother, am I not?"

 

 

 

 

Her phone rang so suddenly, surprising her a little.

"Hello?" She answered hastily.

"Eun-shil?" It was not Woohyun.

She became silent, asking herself who was the caller. She took the phone from her ear and looked down the unfamiliar number on her phone screen.

"Hello? Eun-shil?"

"Um, hello." She answered, with hesitation.

"Eun-shil! It's me. Kim Sunggyu."

She felt her heart skipped a beat when she heard that name. "Kim Sunggyu-sshi..."

"Did I surprise you or anything?"

She shook her head violently before answering no.

"I asked for your number from Woohyun. Thought I'd give you a call to let you know it yourself."

"Let me know... what?" She asked, puzzled.

"Well, you know that I tested to be a donor for you, right?"

She nodded to herself. "Yes..."

"Seems like I'm a suitable donor." He said, with a really glad voice.

Eun-shil held the phone near her ear for a moment, not knowing what to say.

"Hello? Eun-shil? You there?"

"I'm here..." She said, dreamily.

He laughed a bit. "You're okay?"

"Yeah... I'm so... happy to hear that... Is it really fine? To donate it to me?"

"I told you before, didn't I? That I'm your brother and you should learn to count on me."

 

Eun-shil began to tear up, so she looked up the ceiling.

"You're not crying, aren't you?" He asked, laughing.

"No! No, I'm not!" She wiped her tears, laughing as well.

"Really? What were you doing?"

"Nothing really. I was just watching the TV."

"How are you feeling?"

"Good. I'm feeling okay." She smiled to herself and looked out the window to find out that it was raining.

"Oh, it started raining."

"Yeah..."

"I got to go back to work, I'll call you later?"

"Um."

"Take care, Eun-shil."

 

She put down her phone and watched the curtain at the balcony dancing to the wind from the storm outside. A gust of wind blew into the house, along with the rain. She quickly rushed to the balcony and closed the balcony door, and silence overcame the house, making her feel hollow. She wiped her face that was hit by the rain and for a moment, she was just watching the rain falling from the sky. 

 

How could the rain make people feel so lonely?

 

 

Woohyun came back to find her sleeping on the bed, so he climbed on it and slowly inched in towards her. His chest was against her back and he threw an arm around her, which she held across her chest. He fell asleep, hearing her soft breathing. A few hours later however, he woke up, startled as he felt Eun-shil was getting awfully warm. His hand went up to her forehead and it felt like it just burned his palm. He immediately turned her over to find her face was pale like a sheet.

"Eun-shil? Eun-shil?" He was almost shivering as he shook her but Eun-shil made no response. He put on his coat and pulled Eun-shil up, putting a jacket on her and got her on his back. He left the house immediately, driving like he was about to pass out anytime to the hospital.

 

Eun-shil was admitted to the ER again and Woohyun felt like he himself couldn't breathe, watching the nurse putting the gas mask on Eun-shil while the doctor was checking up on her. After what it seemed like hours, she was finally discharged from the ER to the other ward. With the gas mask still on her face and the IVs attached to her arms, Woohyun couldn't help but to feel that it was as if things were going back to square one.

 

 

Eun-shil woke up with a heavy head and it took her a while to focus her gaze on the ceiling. She weakly turned her head to see Woohyun still sleeping on the rest chair in the room. She lifted her arm and shut her eyes in despair to see the tubes linking her to the IV stand.

 

 

"Woohyun-ah..." Her voice was barely audible, with felt dry.

 

"Woo...hyun... ah..."

 

Woohyun was still fast asleep, not even stirring a bit. He must've been awake the whole night again, she presumed, judging by the tired look on his face. Even Woohyun's complexion didn't look too good these days. Guilt began to settle in her chest as she watched his sleeping face, st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter