"My beautiful Eun-shil."

I Need You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 24, 2013

"I think this one is good?"

 

Eun-shil shook her head to the IPad screen. She was sitting on the floor, having a video call with Woohyun who went out to buy her a dress for Howon's wedding. He was the one who insisted that she should just stay at home and decided to call Sunggyu over to accompany her at home while he's out.

"Oppa, what do you think?" Eun-shil asked Sunggyu who was watching as well. He furrowed and narrowed his eyes.

"It's too plain."

"Right?" She exclaimed, happily. "Next one, Woohyun!"

Woohyun sighed and went on looking for more and Eun-shil was watching with full attention when Woohyun showed the camera to the row of dresses.

"The peach one! Woohyun-ah, show me that!"

"This one?"

"No, the one next to it! Yeah, yeah, that one!" She said, excitedly. Woohyun took it off from the rail and showed it in front of the camera but decided that it was hard to do so, so he asked an assistant to hold the camera for him.

"This one?"

"Hm! It's just nice!" She said, looking at the dress which was simple with lacey details but still conservative. "Do you think I can fit that?" She asked, turning to Sunggyu who was watching her.

"Um? Yeah, I think that's your size." He answered, smiling.

"Really?" Woohyun-ah, do you think that is my size?"

Woohyun looked down the dress and put it up on his torso so that she could see better. The assistant was really helpful but Woohyun was feeling guilty already so he took his phone from her. "Should I ask the assistant to try it on?"

"Hm? Should you?" Eun-shil blinked at screen, when Woohyun's face came out big.

"To see how it looks on someone?" He asked, looking down on the screen, at Eun-shil's lips.

"Woohyun, Oppa's here..." She muttered, taking the Ipad away from Sunggyu who was starting to make a face.

"Ah, right." He said, pulling his face away. "Or maybe I should just put it on."

"OH!" She exclaimed, her eyes brightening all of the sudden. "You should!"

"Eh? What?" He asked, confused.

"Try it on!" She pleaded, biting her lips at the screen.

"Yah... You're not serious, are you?" He asked, looking at Eun-shil on his screen who looked really excited.

"Woohyun-ah~"

Woohyun made a miserable face before asking something to the shop assistant and then he said he will call again. Eun-shil giggled victoriously, and put the IPad down and turned to Sunggyu who was smiling along.

"I don't really want to see that." He said, looking at her delighted face.

"Oh you should! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity." She said, convincing him.

 

Sunggyu laughed a bit and Eun-shil watched him in fascination. He noticed her gaze and tilted his head.

"What's wrong?"

She shook her head, her ears went a bit red. "It's good to see Oppa."

"Really? Come home then." He said, looking at her with a meaningful gaze.

"Home..." Eun-shil's smile disappeared from her face and she looked at Sunggyu who was still staring at her. He patted her head over her beanie.

"Yeah, home."

She looked down, and felt her eyes tearing up but she held it in. "But that is Oppa's house..."

"That is Eun-shil's home. Our home." He said, quickly and cupped her chin to make her look at him. "So you are free to go back anytime you want to, Eun-shil-ah."

 

She nodded and smiled, feeling deeply overwhelmed that tears just fell. She laughed miserably and apologized and without wasting time, Sunggyu had her in his embrace. He took a deep breath, her back gently. Eun-shil didn't close her eyes but she patted his back, rather awkwardly and when Sunggyu was near her ear, she felt a bit weird. Sunggyu was taking a deep breath, near her neck and her body just went rigid that she stopped her hand. Sunggyu pulled away almost immediately and looked at her scarlet face that looked away as soon as their eyes met.

 

"Um." She wanted to say something but the IPad rang again and she quickly picked it up. "Woohyun-ah!"

"Um. I'm not sure if you want to see this." He said, with only his eyes and bang visible.

 

"I want to see it!" She said, in a cute voice and jumped excitedly when he sighed and took the camera down and showed it to the mirror. Eun-shil wasted no time to laugh as hard as she could, that she almost dropped the IPad if not for Sunggyu who caught it. Woohyun was making a miserable face, wearing the peach dress which was fit him rather nicely, except that he had no s to compliment the dress and his arms were too muscular and his hair legs! Eun-shil couldn't even stop laughing but Woohyun just let her laughed. It had been a while since she laughed that hard so he was going to let her have her day.

 

"Please tell me this is the right dress." He pleaded, looking at the screen, pouting. Eun-shil stopped laughing and catching her breath, she nodded.

"Yes, that's the one."

He sighed. "I'm going to change now..."

"You look gorgeous, Miss Nam." She said, giggling.

"Why, thank you!" He said, bowing like a girl and ended the call. Eun-shil was still laughing and her eyes were even teary. Sunggyu looked a bit amused but he wasn't laughing as hard as she was. He didn't even pay attention Woohyun in the screen but instead he was watching her, closely. She turned to him, smiling and felt a bit embarrassed again.

"Oppa, are you staying for dinner?" She asked, sheepishly.

"That'd be nice." He said, looking at her with that gaze again. Eun-shil couldn't take her eyes off Sunggyu for a moment, feeling her stomach going hollow. "I missed you Eun-shil."

Eun-shil looked away and biting her lips, she smiled. "Me too."

"A month will end soon. Will you comeback then?" He asked, his hand going to her face and he was caressing her cheek.

"Yeah... I will." She said, feeling a bit nervous for unknown reasons. It had been many weeks since she saw Sunggyu and it was kind of making her nervous here and there.

"You've been doing good all this while? No infections? No fever?" He asked, looking at her with concern.

"No. I'm doing good."

"That's good to hear."

 

Sunggyu wanted to stop himself but he couldn't. He wanted to just keep on hugging her, having her torso against his chest and he wanted to her back endlessly. He wanted to caress her cheek which turned redder and redder and looked into her flickering eyes that looked at him shyly. And bring her closer to his face...

 

Wait, Kim Sunggyu, what are you doing? He asked himself, and stopped his hand. Eun-shil looked down and went on looking down without saying anything as he was watching her. What was he doing? What was he thinking? More importantly, what was this ache in his heart that appeared when he saw her that evening? The ache that made him wanted to never let her go once she was in his arms.

 

"Oppa..." She said, still looking down on the mattress they were sitting on.

"Hm?"

"I... Feel like... meeting father..." She said, quietly but Sunggyu heard it rang loudly in his ears.

 

Father...

That's right.

Eun-shil and him are siblings...

But why...

 

Sunggyu looked away, feeling distraught by his own thinking. "I will let him know that."

"Really?" She said, looking up.

"I can't promise you anything but I'll try to convince him." He said, offering a smile that turned sad.

She nodded solemnly and tried to smile. "But if it's burdening you..."

"No, it's not. I'd do anything for you, Eun-shil." He said, looking at her gently again but he stopped himself, and got up abruptly. "I need to go to the toilet."

"Ah? Okay..." She watched him walked to the toilet and pulled up her knees to her face. Will father want to see her? All this while, even knowing she was in the hospital, he'd never even visited her once. It made her heart ached badly but she kept on telling herself that he must have his own reason for it. She felt lethargic all of the sudden so she lay down on the mattress, hugging her knees and watched the outside scenery through the balcony glass door. Slowly, she fell asleep.

 

Sunggyu came back after washing his face and scolded himself mentally in the bathroom. He felt the surging emotions inside him that he himself couldn't even understand but he knew that he didn't like it. This is wrong, he repeated to himself. He went out after patting his face dry and saw Eun-shil curled up on the mattress. He walked over to her slowly, watched her torso to see if she was breathing properly and sat down behind her, trying hard to stop his hand from touching her. In the end, he himself fell asleep with his back against the wall, with his arms crossed.

 

Woohyun came back with a sour face and when he saw that Eun-shil and Sunggyu was sleeping, though not together, but side-by-side, he furrowed and sat down in front of Eun-shil. He raised up her head, startling her but she was still sleepy and put her head on his lap. Eun-shil snuggled her face into his belly and tugged his shirt, while Woohyun was her beanie.

"You're home." She said, taking  a deep breath.

"I'm home." He said, kissing her temple.

 

Eun-shil looked up to see his face and reaching out a hand; she pulled him down and kissed him. It was a light chaste kiss but it felt nice and Eun-shil almost wanted more when she remembered that Sunggyu was around. She let him go and got up immediately and turned her head around the house, finally noticing Sunggyu who was still fast asleep even when he was sitting up. She laughed a bit.

"How was your day?" Woohyun asked, and she turned to him again.

"It was fun." She smiled. "Miss Nam."

He narrowed his eyes and furrowed before pinching her cheek softly.

"Thank you, Woohyun-ah."

He answered with a kiss, holding her shoulders and pulling her up to his face. Eun-shil's hands were on her side, limped from his kiss. They could have gone on kissing if not for Sunggyu who suddenly cleared his throat. Eun-shil pulled away immediately, feeling like her face was going to burn and even Woohyun looked a bit abashed but he managed to keep calm and fixed his shirt, got up and went to the kitchen. Eun-shil stood up hastily and turned to Sunggyu who was then pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter