Schoolmates

The Struggle of Loving You

 

Chapter 5

__________________________________________________________________________

“Oh come on.” Ju Kyu muttered in complain.

“Is there a problem, Ju Kyu?” Mr. Park asked, looking at the back row.

“Aniyo, seonsaengnim.” (seonsaengnim is teacher in Korean) Ju Kyu said. “Aish.”

Why are they here?

“Uhm, hi.” Jonghyun smiled at her, scratching the back of his neck.

“Why are you here?” She asked.

“Mr. Park—“ Jonghyun started, but he was cut off.

“Why are you rude?” It was Minho. “We are at least 2 years older than you are, if you want to know.”

“I don’t know you and I do not want to know anything about you. However, I heard that you are of different ages, but you are in the same level. So, it’s either some of you excelled or some of you repeated.” Ju Kyu said coldly.

“Why don’t you at least call us oppa?” Minho asked.

“I never call anyone oppa. It takes a whole lot of time to get my respect.” Ju Kyu answered without looking at him.

Jonghyun eyed Minho.

“What?” Minho mouthed.

Jonghyun just shook his head. Will you just shut up, Minho?

“Settle down.” Mr. Park said when the class was starting to become noisy again. “All right, next week, the school fair will be starting. We will have the usual contests in singing, ballroom dancing, modern dancing, skating, basketball, volleyball, swimming, tennis and more. However, the school administrators decided to add one new field in the dance contests.”

“What is it, sir?” One of the school dancers, Sunny, asked. She belonged in the group SNSD. Since their high school years, their group has been topping the dance contests.

“Street dancing.” Mr. Park said.

“Which contests do you join?” Taemin cheerfully asked Ju Kyu.

“It’s my first year here.” Ju Kyu answered.

“Oh.” Taemin sat back. “Which do you plan of joining?” He stretched his neck to look at her again.

“Nothing. I won’t be here on school fair.”

“Wae?” Jonghyun asked.

“School is for studying.” She said. “Not for games.”

“Don’t you do anything else besides studying?” Taemin asked, tilting his head to the side.

“I do.”

“What?” Minho, who was eavesdropping, asked.

“It’s none of your business, you eavesdropping bastard.” She glared at him.

“May I ask what you do?” Key suddenly butted in.

“Basketball and—“ Ju Kyu stopped. She never told anyone what activities she joined. She was fine if some knew that she plays basketball, but being in a street dance group was totally a secret because their group joined official contests.

“And?” Jonghyun asked when Ju Kyu did not continue.

“Nothing. Just basketball.” She said.

Mr. Park then spoke to the again after answering a certain student’s question. “I know this field is new, but is anyone interested to join?”

“Mr. Park, in all the contests, are only students allowed to participate?” Ju Kyu asked.

“Aniyo. As long as there is at least one student in the group, they are allowed to join.” He answered. “Wae? Do you plan of joining a contest?”

“Aniyo. Just asked.” Ju Kyu said.

Street dancing? I dunno. Should I asked Beast to perform with me? But we won’t be allowed unless I show my face.

But a sudden thought popped into her mind.

I haven’t asked where they are studying. Maybe some of them happen to be my schoolmates.

“Sir, may I go out?” Ju Kyu raised her hand.

“Arasso.”

Ju Kyu walked out of the class room and pulled her phone out of her pocket. She dialed “B2st Hyunseung” and held the phone by her ear.

“Hyunseung hyung.” She greeted in her male voice.

“Oh, hi Gi Wan. Why did you call?” Hyunseung asked.

“I just realized that I didn’t know where you guys are studying.” She answered. “Would you mind telling me?”

“Oh sure. We all go to the same school.” He said.

“Really? Where?” Ju Kyu asked.

“Seoul University.” He said.

Ju Kyu remained silent. She looked around her and to the nearby buildings. Why haven’t I noticed you anywhere here?

“Gi Wan? You there?”

“N-ne.” She stuttered. “I got to go. Bye.”

Before Hyunseung can say anything else, Ju Kyu hung up. She bit hardly on her lower lip and held her phone tightly in her hand.

I really can’t be hereon the school fair. And I can’t mention anything to B2st about my school life. I hope I won’t bump into them.

She went back to class and didn’t bother talking to SHINee anymore.

~someone else’s POV~

“You won’t keep your secrets from me forever, Kim Ju Kyu.” The person smiled and went back to his/her business.

__________________________________________________________________________

How was it? :)

Please comment and subscribe ^_^