Welcome To Hell

The Struggle of Loving You

Chapter 14

Welcome To Hell

 

I was in our practice area with Beast, but I didn’t mingle with them that night. I told them my body wasn’t in the right condition and that I might be sick if I join them practicing, but of course, Junhyung hyung didn’t let me go that easily.

“So, I scared you, huh?” He snorted as he sat beside me. “Have you started with your business?”

I ignored him and kept myself in deep thought. Why didn’t he want Hyunseung as the leader? As far as I was concerned, there hasn’t been anything going on between the boys. We were all fine. Unless there was a story behind it that happened before I even came in.

“Tell me first.” I said.

“Tell you what?” He asked as he poked the ground with a stick.

“Tell me why you’re asking me to do it.” I said. “Or else you would have to find someone else who would be too stupid to even know why you want it to happen.”

Junhyung snorted and pointed me with the stick he was holding. He had that evil smirk on his face, the smirk he only put on when we were face to face with our opponents. “You dare speak to me like that when I’ve got your neck?”

“I’m not as feeble as you think, Junhyung.” I said.

“Now where did the ‘hyung’ go?” He asked.

“Well, since you now know my identity, I don’t have to respect you.” I snapped at him. “As Ju Kyu, I never use those terms, especially you. With that thing you want me to do, do you think you have my respect? Not a chance, Junhyun, not even as Gi Wan.”

He chuckled and stood to leave, but I gripped his arm and pulled him back down. “You haven’t answered my question.”

“You really want to know?” He asked as he leaned closer which was weird because he never did that between conversations. “Because it’s you whom I want out.” He chuckled at my shocked expression and left me there.

He wanted what? Me? Out of the group? What did I do?

“Gi Wan, something wrong?” Hyunseung hyung came, drinking so fast that he was spilling so much water on his shirt.

I shook my head moved to the side to give him space. “How’s practice?” I asked.

“Great. Everyone’s being nice since you’re not there to handle them. They know I’d explode if they mess around.” Hyunseung hyung laughed. “And Junhyung’s doing better than ever. He’s leader like tonight. I wonder what’s gotten into him.”

I nodded and held my head down. So he really wants the position. He’s acting like that so when I manage to pull Hyunseung down, the others would immediately put him up the throne and give him the crown.

“Filthy kid.” I cursed under my breath. “Such a brat.”

“Huh?”

I totally forgot that Hyunseung hyung was sitting beside me that I didn’t know what to say when he asked me about my cussing,

“I-I… It’s nothing.” I stuttered.

“Gi Wan, you never tell us anything. “Your studies, your hobbies, activities, likes, dislikes, talents, family and childhood. If you have problems, then please do tell us.”

I turned to him and put on a wry smile which was hidden behind my mask. “Ok, fine. I’m a freshman in college, 18 years old. I like reading, sports and dancing.  I dislike people who put their noses into my business and act as if I even know their names. I disown people who manage to throw away the only respect I have for them. Talents? I dance. There, I’ve told you about myself already.”

“You seem to be in bad mood tonight. Is it something besides not feeling well?” He asked, looking at me with concerned eyes. Honestly, even I was starting to question his gender. There were times that he’d hug me from behind while I set up the stereo, or would pull me away from the others with cold glares.

“I’m fine.” I said shortly.

“Then tell me about your family and childhood.” He said, leaning his head against the wall and closing his eyes.

Just the mention of it struck me like lightning. Every memory of them flashed in my mind, fast, but the glimpses were enough to bring all the pain back.

My dad lurking into my room.

My dad giving me alcohol which he said was good for me.

My dad running his hand down my sides.

My dad ripping off my clothes.

My dad forcing me to spread my legs.

My dad my neck.

My mom ignoring me as I cried and begged for her to believe everything I said.

My dad’s hand coming closer to my face when I said I hated him for everything he did.

Everything came like a nightmare hunting me even in my full alertness. Tears welled up in my eyes, but I swallowed hard and forced them to dry before they even managed to fall down.

I stood up and gave Hyunseung hyung a shaky laugh. “My childhood is a monstrous hell.” I stepped forward, then stopped. “As for family, I don’t have one.”

~Hyungseung’s POV~

Okay, what was that about.

It was a weird night. Gi Wan didn’t practice and Junhyung was surprisingly helpful.

“Did they switch souls?” I asked myself and shrugged then went back to practice while Gi Wan went to stand by the fence gate.

Why don’t you try telling me about it? I’m best friend, aren’t I?