Never

The Struggle of Loving You

 

Somebody requested for a double update, so I will post 2 chapters today ^^

Chapter 10

Never

Ju Kyu gathered all her books and returned them one by one. She went back to the table and put her notebook and pen into her bag. Realizing something, she reached for a hard-bound book from the nearby shelf and smacked Minho’s head with it.

“Ya! What was that for?!” He hissed.

“I’m leaving now. And consider it as a favor. If I didn’t do that, you would be left here, sleeping until the janitor comes to open the doors tomorrow morning.”

Minho looked around and realized that the librarian left before them.

“Aish.” He touched his head. “It really hurts, you know!”

“Don’t care.” Ju Kyu muttered and turned to leave.

“Goodbye, Choi Minho.”

Minho hurriedly slung his bag on his shoulder and followed her outside.

“Go home.” Ju Kyu commanded.

“I will, after I walk you home.”

“I don’t need anyone to walk me home.”

“There are many drunkards down the streets.”

Ju Kyu slid her jacket’s sleeves upward and showed Minho her arms. With the dim light from the school grounds, Minho could see a number of bruises, some already healing, but some were still fresh.

“What—“

“I survived every fight I got into.” Ju Kyu said as she rolled them down and walked towards the gates. “You may leave now.”

“But I will stay with you.” Minho smiled and caught up with her.

Ju Kyu walked faster, trying to lose Minho, but he kept up with her pace. As they reached a darker street a few blocks from the school, a group of drinking men came into view.

“Hey, babe.” The tallest one breathed on her neck and grasped her arm.

“Get away from me, bastard.” Ju Kyu hissed.

“Why should I when we can have so much fun?” He whispered.

“I’m warning you, old guy. If you don’t let me go, you are in big trouble.” Ju Kyu said through clenched teeth.

Minho, who was left behind because of his untied shoelace, came.

“Let her go.”He said sternly.

The guy turned to him and Ju Kyu took that chance to kick his groin. The guy whimpered in pain and ordered those with him to fight against Ju Kyu.

At least 5 of them charged at her at the same time, but she effortlessly kicked them all aside.

Minho, was fighting 3 at the same time and was trying to get near Ju Kyu so they could run.

“What? Not used to getting into fights?” Ju Kyu smirked at Minho as she punched another in the face.

You’re right, I don’t get into fights like this. I only get into fights when I get drunk in bars. Minho thought. “And you’re the master of this?” Minho laughed.

“Hell yes!” Ju Kyu shouted, but right after she said it, a guy with a short, sharp blade ran towards her. Minho was still fighting 2 guys, but seeing the guy running towards you, he felt stronger and quickly kicked them both in the chest.

“Goodbye, little missy.” The guy snarled behind Ju Kyu.

She turned around and her eyes widened. Her body froze, seeing the blade just a few inches from her neck.

No way. She thought. I can’t die like this.

She closed her eyes, expecting that she would be dead after 3 seconds, but she already counted 10 seconds and all she heard were grunts coming from 2 different voices.

She opened her eyes and saw Minho trying to unarm the guy. Ju Kyu sneaked behind the guy and wrapped her arm tightly around his neck to choke him. As she held him back, Minho kicked and punched him a number of times before he fell down to the ground like his friends.

Minho and Ju Kyu both gasped for breath.

“You-you-you—“

“Saved you?” Minho smiled. “Now, will you accept my apology?”

Ju Kyu looked at him and smirked. “You never said sorry.”

Minho grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving. “I’m sorry, okay?” He panted. “Maybe I just wasn’t used to having someone on my level.”

Ju Kyu crossed her arms and bit her cheek. “What level are you talking about?”

“You can talk to me like I’m not the school’s most famous kingka. You treat me like a normal classmate.” Minho said.

“No, I don’t.” Ju Kyu said. “I’ve spent more words on you than any other person in school. Not even that Yang Hana.”

“Oh, drop it, Ju Kyu! You know what I mean.” Minho said, becoming impatient. “Just, I’m sorry, okay? I’m not doing this because of my friend anymore. I don’t want to be enemies with you. Let’s stop this quarrel before it gets worse.”

Ju Kyu raised her eyebrow. “Why? Are you scared that you might lose?”

“Ju Kyu!” Minho grunted. “I’m losing my breath already.”

“Don’t care. I’ll think it through tonight.” She said and waved once before leaving.

“Psst!” Someone said.

Minho turned around to look and found one of the drunkards looking at him. “You like her, don’t you?” He chuckled.

Minho’s eyes widened. “I do not!” He said and kicked the drunkards stomach, making him lose his consciousness once again.

I do not and will never like Kim Ju Kyu.

__________________________________________________________________________

Comments and subscriptions are always appreciated :D