3

Hiding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m looking for you…” Siwon grasped Victoria’s hand to stay with him, their eyes locked into each other but both couldn’t say anything. Siwon thought it might be what Amber wanted, he’d thought about this all night long with all broken heart that he felt, but this was for Amber. He loved her, if this could make her happy, so he would do it..

“Err… Pardon?” Victoria made sure about that to Siwon

“I… Can we talk? Just both of us…” He bit his bottom lip, he wasn’t sure about this one but he would try to like her

“…C-c’mon in..” Victoria gestured him to go inside the house, they both wandered the living room and she asked him for a tea. He waited alone on the couch while waiting for her to come but he couldn’t get Amber out of his head.

“Amber’s doing good, right?” Siwon asked Victoria as soon as his eyes caught her figure holding tray with two glasses of tea

“…Yeah, sure. Why?” Although her heart hurt because Siwon kept asking her about Amber, but she tried to smile even though it looked bitter

“No, nothing, I’m just asking.” Siwon still felt awkward with this situation, he didn’t know what to talk to Victoria because he wasn’t that close to her.

 

“Good morning, Vic!!” Amber’s voice filled the whole house while she was going to downstairs and then, when she was seeing Siwon with Victoria in the living room having tea and chitchat together, her heart sank.

Her world turned upside down, although this was what she wanted. She wanted Siwon to get close to her sister and just leave her but her heart wasn’t ready for this condition. She loved him, he was the one who could understand her but she thought again this was for Victoria’s sake

“Am, good morning.” Victoria greeted her back, she knew what Amber felt because she could read it from Amber’s expression but she smiled to melt the situation. “Your boyfriend’s coming.”

“No!” She raised her voice making Victoria jump a bit from the sofa. “I mean no, he’s not my boyfriend. We never dated.” Amber said it without any glance at Siwon but with flat expression towards Victoria

“We’re friends.” Siwon added, he didn’t want to separate with Amber because he just couldn’t forget all those sweet moments with her. “We’re very close friends, I know her and she knows me a lot.” Siwon said it without looking at his love but Victoria just like Amber did

“But we’re NOT dating.” She emphasized the exacted word so that Victoria could hear it clearly but the older woman was confused about situation

“I… Don’t get… what? What do you mean?” She asked her little sister for the confirmation so that she was sure about her thought

“We’re never dating, actually.” Amber felt like her body was collapsing, her heart was just destroyed by her words after saying it. “I’m dating someone else…”

“Who is that?” Siwon’s face became fierce immediately while asking Amber. Victoria could notice his expression towards her little sister and she knew Amber felt little startled about it

“You’re dating who?” Victoria asked her with soft tone so, Amber could calm

“I…. It’s secret. Yeah, secret.” Actually, Amber just blurted out without thinking even further. She wasn’t that great in lying department, so Siwon could know about it

“Is that you prof--“ Before Siwon could continue guessing, Amber cut him fast

“I should go now.” Amber gave a little smile. “You can continue what you’re doing, don’t mind me.”

“Where are you going? You haven’t had breakfast yet!” Victoria was nagging but Amber kept walking away from them two without replying her. She approached the door while making fists with her hands to hold her jealousy and sadness.

She never thought that she would feel this bad, she thought her story would be like happily ever ever after, but unfortunately it was a no. She directed to the yard in front of the house, feeling the cold breeze in the morning. It was as cold as her heart right now, even the song of the birds wasn’t that great this morning.

“Amber~ what are you doing right now~? Oh Amber~ my Amber~ Why do you make ugly face in the holy morning~? Amber~~~”

Amber heard a ridiculous song with lyrics which were as ridiculous as the person who made it. She turned her head to the left side, seeing Kris watered his plants and grass in front of his small castle.

Although it sounded annoying to her but it could make her chuckle a bit. “What are you doing, Professor Giant?”

“I’m watering, DUH~ can you see?” Kris was being sissy just like drama queen. “No wonder why you’re an idiot.”

“Why don’t you wear your shirt?” Her eyes explored Kris’ tall figure and found him little provocative

“I’m too y for my shirt, girl. Tsk, tsk, tsk..” He waved his index finger while watering his plants

Amber narrowed her eyes while seeing the tall man, she bit her bottom lip to think about something. She got an idea, her hand grabbed the water hose and opened the crane. Then, she spouted the water to Kris’ body without mercy.

 “HEEEYYY!!! That’s not funny!!!!” Kris whined but he spouted the water to Amber’s body too so that both of them were all wet, but they laughed out loud. They were just like those old days when they were together as best friends in Canada.

“Kris.” Amber called his name and she got closer to him while the fence blocked her way

“WHOA! One meter, okay?” Kris’ eyes widened and he smelled something fishy about Amber, he was just scared if Amber directed the water hose to his body again

 “No, I just wanna tell you something.” Her face became serious after all those jokes with him this morning. He started to take a look at her with truthful gaze while waiting for her words to come. He couldn’t believe his eyes that she could be like this melancholic, he thought maybe it was all because of that Korean man named Siwon.

“What’s that?” Kris was curious about what she wanted to say, so, he waited…

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!”

“OH FFFUUUCCCKKK!!!”

Kris who was just being serious, he let out an inappropriate word in this holy morning because Amber just trolled him. Once again, she directed the water hose to him and this time the water attacked his precious face. Amber was all like excited teasing her best friend while Kris was being annoyed by her.

“You’re a water hose !” Once again he cursed as his eyes made a glared at her

“Oh My God!” She covered with her hand while widening her eyes. “Look at your face! This is totally mind! You look so stupid, genius!!” Then, she ended it up with laughing at him and he laughed out loud too, they were just like the old days.

Amber thought that she must’ve thanked Kris about this one. Because of Kris, she could forget about Siwon for a little while, she could laugh out loud just like this, even she forgot the bitterness that she just felt.

 

When Victoria wasn’t around and she decided to take a shower first, Siwon tried to find Amber. He heard there was laughter at the outside of the house, he looked at Amber and Kris who were playing the water hose with each other from the window. His heart beat very fast, he knew his feeling. It was jealousy and anger, he wanted to be with her, he wanted to laugh with her too. He knew he envied Kris about being Amber’s best friend, he disliked Kris a bit because of this jealousy.

He decided to open the front door and came to approach the two best friends. Realizing Siwon came to their moment, Kris stopped watering Amber’s figure and even he stopped laughing while Amber looked at him with suspicious eyes.

“What’s wrong, dude?” Amber asked as she furrowed her eyebrow

Rubbing his temple, he acted weirdly. “… Your boyfriend…”

Amber’s eyes followed Kris’ direction, she saw Siwon came to approach them two. His face showed off fierce expression while walking towards them two, she didn’t know if he was angry or jealous or even both but she knew Siwon felt uncomfortable seeing her with Kris.

“Am.” Siwon came to beside Amber and he wrapped his arm around her tiny shoulders

“Well, I think I should go inside my house and leave you two guys alone.” Kris excused himself while Siwon kept glaring at him

“Yeah, you should.” Siwon had him go back to his house

“No, you shouldn’t. Just stay here.” Amber disallowed Kris to go back while Siwon turned his gaze to Amber. Knowing Kris was confused and realizing Siwon’s stare at her, she looked up at her ex-boyfriend. “We’re not dating, remember? I’m not kid anymore, so stop being overprotective to me..”

Siwon blinked his eyes in disbelief, his jaw almost dropped after hearing what Amber said. “I’m not being overprotective. I love you, even though you say we’re not dating, I don’t care. I’ll still love you, I can’t lie to my feeling…” Siwon made serious stare into Amber’s eyes, he held her hands and put them closer to his chest

Amber was touched by his words, she loved him too but she had to concede her feeling. This was for her sister, she had to do this although she hurt a lot. Kris was the one who was very bewildered in this situation, he felt so awkward because he felt like watching real drama in front of his eyes.

“Please, come back…. I can’t do this…” He begged her, his teary eyes were being showed off in front of her.

“No, didn’t I say I’m dating someone else?” Although it was difficult but she managed to hold back her tears and rejected his love

“This fast? We just broke up and you’ve already found someone else? Who’s he?” He asked her then, his eyes made quick glance at Kris. “Is it him?”

Amber’s eyes directed to Kris’ figure and her best friend pointed his chest with his index finger with such a dumb face. “No, dude. You got wrong person…” Kris waved his hands, he tried to talk to Siwon as he made ridiculous smile but the older man just ignored him

“Why? You’re jealous?” Amber talked to Siwon again

 “I can’t believe this.” He shook his head, he let go of Amber’s hands and he landed his hands on her shoulders. “Look, Am..” He heaved an exasperation sigh. “I really love you, babe.”

“If you really love me, if you really want me to be happy, then, just do what I want…” She made intense stare at Siwon’s eyes

“This is what you want?” He made sure abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter