Chapter 14

Hiding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one talked in the dining room, everybody just focused on their food that Chansung brought for them all. Amber was sitting next to Kris while Siwon who sat right in front of Kris, was next to Chansung. The oldest guy kept his eyes on Amber and sometimes, he shifted his gaze to Kris’s figure. Of course, Amber was uncomfortable with his gaze but she kept eating the spicy rice cake, it was her favorite and Siwon knew it.

“Why are you not eating?” Siwon suddenly broke their silence by asking a question to Kris who was only drawing circle on his plate

Amber was surprised, she brought her chin up and noticed Kris didn’t eat the food. “Oh.. Hey.. It’s not that spicy.”

Kris brought up his chin, he was looking at Amber who was sitting next to him as she tried to feed him the rice cake with her chopsticks. He sniffed the rice cake between Amber’s chopsticks as Amber made face for him to open his mouth and let the rice cake go into him. “C’mon.”

“There you go.” Amber smiled widely seeing Kris finally munched the food inside his mouth although it didn’t taste well for him, but he tried to chew it

He waved his hand, his forehead creased and his face was red, he couldn’t handle spicy food even though Amber who was the one to convince him to eat. “No, no, no, no, I need water. Give me some water.”

She laughed at Kris along with Chansung but Siwon. She gave him some water and he drank it in one shot. “I’m sorry, oh boy…You’re sweating…” She fanned him with her hand and kept laughing because of his tomato-like face.

“Stop laughing, Amba!”

They laughed but one phrase that came out of Siwon’s mouth broke everything. “Are you two dating?” With his stern voice, rigid face, eyes exploring the two of them, he asked Kris and Amber straightforwardly and coldly.

Chansung only shifted his gaze from Amber to Kris to Siwon and so on while Kris stayed composed and Amber cleared . “O-oppa, you know I—“

“Congratulation.” Siwon wiped his mouth with napkin and slammed it on the dining table, then, he stood up to level up his height. “Excuse me.” 

“Oppa! Wait up!” Amber hurriedly stood up from her seat and she directed to the kitchen counter. She packed the rest of rice cake into the container and intended to give it to Siwon. She ran to reach him as she called his name but he ignored her. Jealous, that was what he felt right now.

“Siwon oppa, wait!” Amber ran to the outside of the house to pursue Siwon, he almost opened his car door but Amber quickly reached his arm and stopped him. “Oppa.”

As Siwon turned around and saw her face, he looked there was worriedness in her eyes for him. He wanted to hug her but he couldn’t because she was Kris’s not his anymore and it hurt him a lot to know the reality. “You should bring this, you need to eat well because you work until night. Just bring this with you.” She handed over the container to him

He looked at the container and then, he switched it to her figure again. “Why? Why are you doing this to me?”

“Because I care for you.” She was being honest to him but it seemed like he didn’t buy it

“Y-you care for me?” His lips were shaking while seeing her, he couldn’t believe she forgot all the moments that they shared this easily. “You laugh with him, you smile with him, you share everything with him in this house. How can you do this to me? This fast?”

That moment Amber realized that she had hurt him really badly, her affection towards Kris affected him very bad. Deep inside, she still liked Siwon, he was the reason for her to continue her study to be a doctor, he was the one who taught her how to care with each other, but this was different because Kris was always there for her when she needed someone to talk to but Siwon wasn’t always beside her. So, her feeling towards Kris grew stronger and stronger until she could forget Siwon easily everytime she had moment with Kris.

“I do everything for you but you seem so far away from me. I can’t live like this anymore, I can’t love Victoria, I can only love you but you break my heart…. Over and over.” He opened up his feeling right now in front of her, his voice sounded lower when it came to the end of the sentence

 

Amber brought her head down and looked down on the ground. “I’m sorry..” She whispered lowly

He shook his head, trying to be strong and not exploding. “I can’t.. I can’t forgive you.”

“But I like you so much.” She brought up her chin to see him in the eye. “I do like you..”

“No, no way. You’re lying.” He bit his bottom lip and started to turn around to get inside the car, but Amber quickly prevented him by switching her position to be in front of the car door and pushed him so that he couldn’t open the door. “Get off. Get off, Amber.”

She shook her head looking up at him, seeing him became hurt like this made her want to cry. She loved him but it was different from before, she knew it was her fault to make him hurt like this. “We should.. We should talk.. Please.”

“There’s nothing to talk about anymore. You treat me like a trash, I’m no one for you. It’s all clear.” Siwon told her in pause. “It hurts everytime I see you with him, you tell everything to him but me including the confiscation of your house, your school, Victoria and even… Your feeling.”

“It’s not that I don’t want to tell you, it’s just…” She paused to catch her breath and find the good words for him. “It’s just I don’t want you to worry about me… You have your own job, a very respective job and I don’t want to be your obstacle to get your dream because you should focus.”

“Dream? What do you know about my dream, huh?” He sounded fierce and she gulped. “We talked… about our dream. Our dream was to live with each other, my dream is always be with you, Amber..”

She heaved a sigh and gave him a soft look, her hand moved to his face and started to caress the side of his cheek. “…Why me? Out of all women… Why me? You have everything, you’re somebody and I’m nobody. What do you expect from me?”

Siwon was quite for awhile, then, he held her arm, dragging her to get into his car and he made his position on the driver seat. He drove the car to somewhere, Amber was only following his game right now. She wanted to clear things up with him, she didn’t want her relationship with him to be awkward and weird just like these days.

Amber looked around the place, it was familiar for her view. This was the place where Siwon proposed her on her birthday, but she rejected his love although deep inside her, she hurt.

“Oppa..” She called him but he didn’t flinch and just took off his seatbelt, getting out of the car instead.

He leaned on his car by his back, he took off light and cigarette from his pocket and started to inhale the gas. Looking at his action, Amber got out of the car and stood right in front of him. She took out the cigarette from his mouth and stomped it with her foot on the ground, “What are you doing?!?”

“I’m in misery because of you!” Siwon raised his voice too, he didn’t live a good life after what Amber did to him. He drank alcohol, he smoked, he went to a club, he screwed women and Amber was the reason why he was frustrated.

His eyes were red and glassy, his lips were trembling, his hair was messy and Amber couldn’t stand it but quickly brought him into her hug. As he was in her deep embrace, his tears fell down, Amber could even hear his sobbing. “I’m sorry..”

She whispered in his ear but it seemed like he still couldn’t forgive her.  “I hate you.” That phrase came out from Siwon’s mouth directly to Amber, it made her hurt a lot inside hearing him talked like that to her.

“O-oppa…” She hugged him tighter than before as his arms almost covered her tiny body. “We’re not an item, Kris is the one.”

“So.. We.. We really break up right now?” He brought up his head from her shoulder and he realized how wet her shirt was because of hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter