Chapter 16

Hiding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siwon was still staying away from Amber, he only came to her room when she was sleeping to monitor her condition but when she was waking up, he was nowhere to be found. It was still weird for him to talk to her after knowing the reality.

Knowing Siwon didn’t allow him to meet his sister, Kris was still trying to visit his girlfriend. When he was about to open her door, Siwon suddenly came and pulled him. “What are you doing here?”

Kris bit his bottom lip as his eye tapped on his figure, “I wanna meet Amber.”

“Who are you?” Siwon really didn’t want Kris to meet her, he didn’t have the heart to see Amber together Kris

He heaved a sigh, trying to be as calm as he could in front of him. “I’m her Professor.” He didn’t give up trying to make Siwon trust him for Amber, he loved her and nobody could stop him to meet her

“You—“

“Oh, you guys are here!” From the distance, Siwon’s mother came out of nowhere with her excited voice and bright expression. The woman approached the two of them who were standing in front of the door. “Why don’t you both go inside?”

Siwon blinked his eyes seeing his own mother, he wasn’t ready yet to talk to Amber in a person. Siwon gulped before saying something to his mother, “I think… I should go back to my room. I have patients.”

Mrs. Choi looked disappointed because of what Siwon had said, she wanted him to meet Amber, facing his sister after 20 years being apart. “Okay… But at least, her boyfriend’s here, right?” She looked up at Kris’s face

Kris looked down at Mrs. Choi and then, he put his gaze on Siwon. He could read Siwon’s face seemed like ‘Don’t get too close to her or you’ll die sooner or later’. He got that and then, he excused himself in front of Siwon and entered the room along with Amber’s mother.

Mrs. Choi was very excited when she was facing Amber who just woke up and smiled at her own mother. She approached the young girl and gave her a morning kiss for her, “How’s your feeling?”

Amber took a deep inhale, she really loved her mother’s scent. She was very warm and Amber liked it so much. “Never been better.”

“Hey, look, there’s your boyfriend too.” Mrs. Choi said to Amber and the girl just smiled slightly to Kris without even greeting him

“Mom, you know I have a step sister who is treated here too.” Amber told her mother and Mrs. Choi gave her a warm smile

“Yes, I know, my dear. Your father’s monitoring her, he’s doing hemodialysis for Victoria right now and don’t worry about the fee, we’re taking care of it.” Mrs. Choi told everything to Amber in order that she could see her smile again

“Thank you so much.” It soothed Amber’s heart when she was hearing that they were concerned about Victoria too.

Kris was only staring at the mother and the daughter’s relationship from his seat. It was beautiful, he was very happy for Amber. After struggling with many problems, finally, he could get her genuine and sincere smile again.

Mrs. Choi feed Amber a full bowl of porridge, she was vigorous when it came to food and this was one of unlimited reason why Mrs. Choi loved her own daughter even more. Her interest was similar to Siwon’s, her face was similar to her mother, her attitude was similar to Mr. Choi.

Mrs. Choi had told Amber everything about her. Mrs. Choi was actually dating Mr. Choi over 20 years ago, she was a nurse and Mr. Choi was the doctor. But, her parents were arranging her marriage with Siwon’s father and it made her break up with Mr. Choi. She had Siwon, and after knowing Siwon’s father’s true attitude which was very bad even he tortured and slapped Siwon, Mr. Choi tried to help her. It wasn’t long until she found out she was pregnant her second child who was Amber with Mr. Choi. It was unplanned, it made Siwon’s father was angrier than before. That was why he kidnapped Amber to China and put her in front of orphanage’s door. Glad, finally, Mrs. Choi was married to Mr. Choi right now and Siwon was happy too to have a kind hearted step father like Mr. Choi.

“Honey, I’m so sorry but I should go. I can’t accompany you for a long time because I have another business. It’s okay, right? You have Kris here.” Mrs. Choi said that to her daughter

“Oh..” It made Amber surprised, how caring she was to her. She came here long way from home only for feeding her, it was the first time since forever. “It’s okay.. Take care, mom.”

“I love you, I’ll call you later.” She hugged Amber and then, she shifted her gaze to Kris. “Take care of her, okay?”

“Don’t mention it.” Kris smiled to her. “Take care, Mrs. Choi.” He stood up from his seat and accompanied her until the door, he opened the door for her and then, gave her a polite bow in front of Mrs. Choi.

He closed the door again, turning his head to see Amber on the bed. He bit his bottom lip as he walked to approach her, he sat on the chair with Amber still looking straightly at his face. “You lied to me about Victoria.” She brought the topic up, it was the very first topic that was brought up after her coma state

Kris wrapped her hand and looked at her eyes, “Just like what Siwon hyung said to you. We only wanted you to study, reach your dream to become a doctor.”

“I don’t buy it.” Amber straightforwardly said to Kris

Kris heaved a sigh, facing his girlfriend was the hardest time in his life. “… Okay… Here’s the truth.. Victoria, herself, who told us both to hide her condition from you. She wanted the best for you.”

“Victoria?” Amber made sure about it to Kris

“Yes, she asked us for lying to you… I know, we’re sorry..” Kris apologized to her and she was only staying quite while looking at him without saying anything, he was looking down at her hand which was wrapped by his and then, he put a gaze on her eyes again. He pushed his own body, eyes on hers before closing them and vanishing the distance between them by putting a sudden kiss on her lips. His hand moved to caress her hair as he still kissed her suavely, he could feel Amber’s hand traveled on his jaw. He panted while he kissed her, his heart beat so fast. He parted his lips from hers but still very close to her, “Victoria has known about you and she’s very happy to hear that.”

“Really?” She kissed him again

“Hmm.” He hummed in between their kiss, Kris tried to fix his position by sitting next to her on the bed in order that he could hug her while kiss her. “I thought you wouldn’t remember me after coma.”

Amber was smiling while Kris was still kissing her soft lips. “I even still can feel how you ed me.”

He chuckled after hearing what she confessed to him, “What’d you say?” He was really glad after hearing that, it meant she was still the same because he really thought after she was having brain injury, she might lose some of her memory. “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too.” She smiled while looked at him, she adored his perfect face. Thick eyebrows, sharp nose, pouty lips and long jaw, she loved staring at him all day long. She caressed the side of his face, it amazed her to know he became more matured these days. She loved everything about him, including his lame jokes and cheesy words for her.

“..Hey.” Kris grabbed Amber’s hand which caressed him and then, he put a soft kiss on it. “After this, you will live with your family..” He actually wanted to say about him going to Germany but he didn’t know how to lead the words to it. “We will live separately and you have family who can take care of you.”

“You can visit me.” Amber still couldn’t get what he meant

“No, it’s won’t be easy.” Kris shook his head

She narrowed her eyes, trying to understand him. “Aah… I know.. Is it because of Siwon oppa?”

“Huh?” He widened his eyes looking at her, it was actually one of the reasons why he couldn’t meet her. “Well..” He scratched his temple

She landed a kiss on his forehead, “We can still meet up with each other after college.”

He put a small smile, it wasn’t what he wanted to say but he guessed he wasn’t ready yet to say this to her. She was still excited right now and he didn’t want to bring down her mood.

 

~~~~()~~~~()~~~~()~~~~()~~~~()~~~~()~~~~

“Unnie.” Amber talked to sleeping Victoria, she was coming by the wheelchair to her room and placed herself beside her bed. Looking at Victoria without hair and thin body, she thought Victoria had struggled a lot with her disease. “Tomorrow, I will move to my parents’ house. You know it’s funny to think that my name isn’t Liu Amber anymore, it’s Choi Amber now.” She chuckled softly, trying not to disturb Victoria’s slumber

“But you’re still my sister.” She touched the skin of her face, it became darker since the chemotherapy she got. “Even though I have a real brother, Siwon oppa.. But he seems.. I’m not sure, he hates me?”

“You don’t worry about me, okay? I’ll be fine although I will be on this wheelchair for a few days but my dad said that I could walk normally again fast if I obeyed his therapy.” Amber smiled to her own

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter