2

Hiding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber regretted a lot what she did just now. Eavesdropping her sister from the outside of Victoria’s room while she was writing her diary was the worst moment in her life, if Victoria wanted something instead of Siwon maybe Amber wouldn’t be broken heart just like this.

She promised to herself, she would give what Victoria wanted but her heart couldn’t contain her bitter feeling. She loved Siwon, it’d been 4 years since they were dating and Siwon promised to marry her someday. She wanted to live with Siwon but what about Victoria? She couldn’t leave her sister like this. Victoria was sick and she only had her by her side.

Amber wiped her tears away from her cheeks, trying to stop sobbing. Her eyes were swollen and red, her hair was such a mess, she admitted that she looked pathetic right now while looking at the mirror.

“Hey, dude. Happy birthday!”

Out of the blue, Kris’ deep voice was coming. She still wasn’t sure about it but her brain tried to gather all the stuff that Kris was living in her next door.

“Llama!! Can you hear me?? Happy birthday!!!!”

Her head turned to her window, her eyes could catch Kris’ annoying and childish smile, he didn’t change at all. He only got taller but his attitude was child-like. She approached the window of her bedroom, she slid to open it and saw Kris right in front of her.

“Kris…”

Kris furrowed his eyebrows while seeing Amber looked messy, his eyes checked her expression and he knew she wasn’t in her good mood right now. “What’s the matter with you? It’s 12 o’clock!! It’s your birthday!!”

She nodded slowly while placing her chin on her palms. “Hmm… Thank you…”

“Don’t tell me I’m the first person who wishes you happy birthday.” He guessed it and it was completely right but she didn’t respond him, so he just blabbered with himself. “Why? What’s wrong? That Korean man hasn’t called you yet? What’s his name? Simon?”

She let out a small smirk while watching him speaking. “Stupid…. Kris, have you… fallen for someone?”

“Like head over heels? Nope… I’m not like you, babe. My life is too busy.”

She nodded as showing off her bitter smile, sometimes she hoped she would be like Kris. Being unconcerned with anything in her life, sometimes she thought it would be great if she never met Victoria’s family but she didn’t wanna be alone.

This time, she got out of her window, making Kris shocked about what she was doing. “Catch me.”

Kris’ eyes grew wide as seeing Amber. “F-!! NO!! Gosh! What are you doing?!?”

She stepped her feet on the roof while getting ready to jump to Kris’ side. She made brace to jump and Kris looked like he wasn’t ready yet to catch her but she was like screwed about it.

She jumped, trying to grab Kris’ hands but her feet slipped because she couldn’t balance herself. She was surprised and so was Kris. “ you! I said catch me!!” She shouted while glaring at Kris’ face

Kris hissed while talking to her and trying to pull her up to enter his bedroom. “I’m catching you, ! Stop shouting! It’s already midnight!”

She pulled herself up while Kris was helping her to reach his room. Once she landed her feet on the floor of his room, her hands brought him closer to her body. She buried her face on his white shirt as Kris had no idea what was going on.

“Hey, you’re drooling on my shirt!” Kris tried to push Amber from his body but she didn’t move as his ears caught Amber’s sobbing. “Err… You’re crying? S-something’s wrong?”

She pulled herself away from Kris and her eyes looked up at him. “Of course, something’s going wrong!! If not, I won’t be crying! Are you genius or stupid, actually?!”

“Can you tell me? We’re best friends, right?” He asked Amber, his thumb ran through her cheeks to wipe her tears but it kept coming down. “Is it because of your boyfriend?”

“I can’t tell you now, but yeah… It’s related to him… And my sister…” She threw her sight away from him

“Your sister? Victoria? What’s wrong with her?” Curious about what happened, he tried to be good listener for her but it seemed like she wasn’t ready yet to tell him everything. He could tell that from her expression, she was still quite all the time. He just realized that she didn’t need anything but only a hug, so he just pulled her closer and gave her a warm hug that she needed.

“You can tell me anytime you want, I’m always here.” He patted her head gently while feeling her nodding to his words.

==

Morning came, Amber was still sleeping in Kris’ bedroom while both were unaware of everything. A hand was wrapping her waist, she recognized it but she didn’t try to get up even though she had already opened her eyes. Kris’ breathing was running through her nape, her eyes got teary again everytime her mind played Siwon’s figure.

She was still in her wonderland about Siwon until her cellphone rang from her bedroom. It might be a call from Siwon, she had to get up but her hand hurriedly wiped her tears first before waking up Kris.

“Hey, Kris…” She shook his body but he didn’t move even an inch. “Dude, wake up!” She raised her voice a bit so that it could snap him

“What the--? Urgh! It’s Saturday!” He opened his eyes groggily

“I should go back to my bedroom now.”

He slowly sat up and messed his hair like little kid, rubbing his eyes he tried to see Amber clearly. “Are you sure?”

“Of course, my phone’s ringing. That might be Siwon who’s calling me.” She got off of Kris’ bed and he followed her example

He led her to the window. “Your Korean boyfriend?” He slid the window for her

“Yes, that might be him. He must’ve been calling me like crazy.” One of her legs had already stepped across his window. “Well, Kris… Thank you so much…”

She bit her bottom lip while seeing her tall friend, Kris shrugged while helping her to get out of the window. “Err.. Hey, Am..” His hand was tangled with hers while pulling her closer, all of sudden his lips landed on her right cheek, making her blush for the first time in front of him

He did it quickly, he tried to hide his shyness and acted cool just like usual. “That’s my birthday gift.”

“We’re not kids anymore y’know.” She let out a giggle a bit while seeing him

“I know, be careful.” He ruffled her hair and gave his younger friend a smile. He let her hand go and then, she jumped across to her window bedroom. She entered her bedroom and jumped to her bed for answering Siwon’s phone call

“Oh, babe!” She called him on the phone while Kris still looked at her from his window

“Is that your Korean man?” Kris mouthed from the distance, Amber smiled while nodding, signaling it was really from Siwon.

“Oppa… there’s something that I should tell you…” She talked to her boyfriend

“What’s that? I have big plan for you today, gorgeous. You can tell that to me when my plan works on you.” Siwon’s tone sounded happy on Amber’s birthday. He had planned this since a year ago, he’d been waiting for this day to come. She was already mature right now, she fitted him the most, he couldn’t think of other women but Amber. She was the one for him and he was sure about this.

“O-o-okay…”

==

“Today’s your birthday, what do you want, my Princess? I’ll give you everything.” Victoria prepared delicious food for Amber in the dining room, she treated her little sister just like Princess on her graceful day

“I…err… Just stay with me, can you?”

Victoria narrowed her eyes seeing the younger girl who was sitting while waiting for the food to come. “With all of your lame jokes? I don’t think I can stay with you within 10 seconds.”

“Ouch, that’s sarcasm!” She was whining

Victoria laughed out loud, she liked teasing her. For her, Amber was always little girl who never grew up but she knew her sister loved her the most. “Yaa, bring along your K.Li here too. We both can’t eat this stuff up, besides, I haven’t met him for many years.”

“K.Li? mmkay..” She nodded but instead of calling Kris to come, she ate the food first making Victoria scold her again.

“Tsk! This girl! Call him first!”

Amber pouted while grabbing the house phone, she dialed Kris’ number but no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter