13

Hiding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just another day for many people but Siwon, he kept thinking of what happened just now in the park behind the hospital when he was taking a break from his works to accompany Victoria. He brought her wandering by her wheelchair that he pushed from behind, they were only talking about their favorites, he tried to know more about her until Siwon tried to encourage Victoria to stay strong for her disease.

She looked gloomy, Siwon thought she might be tired so he stopped in front of the bench. He sat on it while made Victoria face him in the eye. Siwon huffed, giving a slight smile for her as she replied him back with a weak smile. Victoria couldn’t hold it more, she liked Siwon but he didn’t seem to reciprocate her feeling.

“I’m tired of everything…”

“Please, don’t say that anymore.” Siwon’s hand reached hers, seeing her right in front of him made him feel so guilty. He knew she liked him but he just couldn’t, there was someone in his heart but it wasn’t Victoria. “Amber… She’s… she’s doing fine and… She’ll graduate very soon. I do what you want, you want her to not know about your real condition… I’m trying to hide it from her.” 

“I wanna go to her graduation, can I?” Victoria said with pleading eye, she knew the doctors wouldn’t allow her to go but she really wanted to see her sister

“Sure… Sure, you can.” Siwon gave her a big smile, receiving a sincere smile from Victoria as well.

He was very vigorous when they were talking about Amber, he couldn’t hide his feeling that he had for her. He couldn’t erase her yet from his mind although he got many works and he met Victoria everyday, but he just couldn’t. Victoria was always sad and blue, but he wanted happiness. He wanted to love someone who was free and bubbly and could make him smile and laugh everyday and he just couldn’t get it from Victoria.

As for Victoria, she wasn’t stupid. She recognized it every single day, at first it was only because Siwon pitied her sister’s life because of her, but it turned more different everytime they talked  about her, especially they way Siwon looked at Amber.

“Hey, Vic, for new year’s eve, would you—“

“No.” Victoria didn’t even try to listen to what Siwon would say but she quickly gave him an answer. “I don’t want to spend the night with you..” She said it very quick but Siwon could get it. His mouth opened slightly, he didn’t expect that she would reject his offer to date her. “Just stop it, Siwon..”

“B-but why?”

“I know you don’t like me, so, please stop. Don’t you know it hurts? Just go..” Her tears started to threaten her eyes to fall, she tried to hold it by gritting her teeth.

“…I don’t… Understand…” His lips were trembling

“Just go to my sister… You love her, right? From the very first time, you never saw me. There’s only her on your mind even though you’re with me…”

“Victoria, I—“ He tried to reach her cheeks to wipe her tears but she shoved him off

“I’m okay, it’s fine… Just go after her and leave me..”

And with that, Siwon was confused right now. Of course, he loved Amber, he wanted to be with her but Amber always stayed away from him, she clearly avoided him and acted formally everytime they talked about her thesis. He didn’t know how to react with this kind of situation, he should be happy or not. He wanted to fix his relationship with his love very bad but he knew Amber wouldn’t accept him this easily.

 

==

“Hey, err… Sorry, it’s too ordinary…” Amber scratched her head which wasn’t itchy at all, she was only feeling awkward and nervous facing Kris this close right now. Another hand of hers held a little cupcake with one small candle on it, she had turned off all the lights and asked him to sit with her on the couch, spending new year’s eve together.

“It’s okay, I’m not romantic either…” Kris was feeling weird as well, folding his fingers together and biting his lips. He heaved a long sigh, they both planned to have this little gathering for themselves but it seemed to not turn great this time. Kris, himself, he tried to vanish his thoughts about his job only for this one moment with his girl, he should do something so that it would melt this situation.

“Well, so, what’s your wish for next year?” Kris started to ask her

Amber thought about it slowly, it should be great wish and Kris only waited for her to take her time. He admired her face, she was fine with her bare face, she looked cute when she closed her eyes and thought really hard about her wish. “… I wish I could have a family..”

Kris flinched, he was shocked of course about her wish. He didn’t expect it to come, he thought it wouldn’t be this fast. For Amber, she noticed Kris’s expression and she could read something from his face.

“No, Kris, I mean I didn’t ask you to marry me now.” Amber shook her head and fixed what went wrong between them. “I just.. I wish I could meet my own family. That’s my wish every single year to be honest. I really wanna know about my mother, my father, maybe I have a sibling out there…”

Kris nodded, trying to understand what she thought. “I know..” He gave her a sweet smile, grasping her hand then, putting a suave kiss on it.

“Tell me what you wish.” This was Amber’s turn to ask him about what he wanted for next year

“I just wish you could get what you wish.” Kris was being cheesy in front of her once again

“Seriously???? Please, don’t play with me this time.” She felt disgusted about him for million times but she didn’t know why she liked him when he was like this

“Amber… It has been a week since we… err.. you know..” He raised his eyebrows, he just hoped she would get what he meant.

“Yeah, I’m not that idiot. I know..” Amber replied him, she avoided the word ‘dating’ between them too. It was just was too awkward to say it now

“I just hope we could stay healthy, we could be together for a long time, you would graduate very soon and… err… and what else?” Kris asked her back instead

“Maybe, we should buy a new house?” Amber asked with smiling and followed by Kris’s small chuckle. He caressed Amber’s hair gently, it had been a week since they were dating each other. It was very awkward at the first time because it was the different part of their life in a relationship.

They both kept looking at the clock ticking, feeling the heartbeat as they both counted down from ten to one for New Year to come.

“Happy New Year.” They said it in unison for each other, smiling from ear to ear as they both saw each other’s eye. This was the time for blowing the candle, Amber was about to but Kris stopped her to do it.

“Wait, can you turn on the light first, please? I have bad sight.” Kris asked her and then, she rolled her eyes. She handed the cupcake to him and walked for the lights, she came back again and found him smiling while seeing her. “Good girl.” He annoyingly patted her head and she pouted her lips, that was the best face of hers for him to start the year.

“1, 2, 3.” She counted again and blew the flame but Kris didn’t follow her example, he pouted his lips on purpose. He touched her lips, giving her a quick peck, receiving a cute pout from her face. “ert, you never change!”

“Why? You liked it.” He , it didn’t change even before they started to date

“Well…” She bit her bottom lip, the taste of his lips’ was still there although it was a quick kiss. She loved Kris so much but she was just too shy to say it to him, at least he knew she loved him and cared about him

“Babe, should we—“ His hands began to travel on her thighs, giving her goosebumps. His face was very close to hers, trying to steal her kiss for the second time to gather the mood between them

Amber’s eyes widened, she backed to stay away from him and he just got closer and closer to her body until she collapsed on the couch and he was on the top of her. “No, not this time. I’m not in the mood.”

“I can make the mood.” Kris once again seduced her

“I have my period, so, stay away from me.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter