1

Hiding My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber was shocked after hearing what doctor said about her sister, Victoria. She thought this world wasn’t fair at all for both of them, there were many people out there but why should it be Victoria?

She opened Victoria’s room’s door, seeing her sister who was lying on the bed with smile as she looked at Amber.  She dragged a chair and sat on it beside Victoria’s bed, biting her lower lip as she tried to hold her tears but she couldn’t.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

Victoria held Amber’s hand with hers and kissed it sweetly. “Because I love you, I’m so sorry.”

“I don’t want you to leave me just like mom and dad.”

“Amber, sshhhh… I won’t leave you, I promise.”

~~~()~~~()~~~

After a few weeks had passed, finally Amber wanted to tell Siwon about what happened to Victoria after she hid it from anyone other than her and her sister.

“It’s blood cancer, yet she’s still insisting to work for my college fee.” Heading from Amber’s college to nearest restaurant, she talked about Victoria with Siwon in his car

“So, this is why she needs you? What’s your plan now?” Siwon asked his sad girlfriend

Amber shook her head because she wasn’t sure about what she was thinking right now. “Bone marrow transplantation, maybe? I’m her sister.”

“You’re adopted.” Siwon corrected her and made Amber become more hopeless than before until Siwon could notice her tears from the corner of his eyes. “Oh, I’m sorry, Amber… I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean it.”

He pulled over his car, then, as he saw her crying right in front of him, he brought her into his embrace. “You know, I’ll get you through this. I promise you.”

“Bring me to hospital now, I’ll check my blood. I don’t know if… if my bone marrow matched her or not.” Amber snorted, her voice wasn’t clear but Siwon could get it

“No, you’ll get suffer for three days or more.” Siwon refused to bring her to hospital

“I don’t care! She suffers a lot, even more than me! You know nothing!!” She glared at her boyfriend

“I know, I’m a doctor. Look, even if it matches, she won’t recover perfectly.” Siwon corrected her for the second time

Amber shook her head and she turned around to get out of the car but Siwon caught her wrist to stay with him. “W-Wait, Amber.” She turned around while he looked at her as heaved a deep sigh. “Okay, c’mon.”

Finally, Siwon brought her to the hospital where Victoria was examined before to follow the human leukocyte antigen test to provide evidence of compatibility tissue between her and Victoria. Because of Amber, Siwon tried to follow the test as well. She and Siwon waited for the result as them both drank some milk after the test.

“If yours matched, would you donate it for her?” Amber asked Siwon

He gave her sincere smile as he wrapped her shoulder. “Sure, I will. Don’t worry.” He caressed her arms tenderly so that she could calm.

Both were caught in the silence waiting for the result. Amber couldn’t think anything but Victoria. She would do anything for her, even Victoria had forbidden her to do this, Amber still did it only for her because she loved Victoria the most and after all this time, only Victoria who was always by her side.

 

~~~()~~~~~()~~~

She was half awake during class, thinking about her sister. It disappointed her when she was knowing both Amber and Siwon’s bone marrow didn’t match Victoria’s. She was sad and her world upside down, e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter