Coincidence

You Are My Everything

The dinner was already over and Sooyoung was practically spacing out the whole time. She just can’t get Jessica off  her head. Still thinking what went wrong to the point where Jessica had to leave her all alone. She thought she accepted the fact that Jessi was gone by now yet in her current state Sooyoung was still head over heels over Jessica. She keeps on thinking about her. Everywhere she goes she can see Jessica and reminds her of what they used to be. She thought if she leaves for a while and find herself she could finally be whole, yet she can never be whole again. Not without her, not without Jessi. Not without Jessi by her sides. Jessica had been a huge part of her. Her other half, her soul mate. Her forever love. Guess nothing really last forever. It made her heart sink. Grasping her chest feeling physical pain, she never felt this way before. Emotionally and physically broken she is. She’s been taking pills to relief her pain which her family and friends did not know. She said she cannot handle her devastation and she needed those little pills to help her cope up. Frustration is taking over again, engulfing every ounce of her being, making her tremble. Making her world fall in to bits, is it really that hard to live without Jessica? She sigh inwardly.

She did not know Yoona is staring at her with a worried concern written all over her face. She is so into her own world she fails to notice her surroundings. Only the constant calling of her mother brought her back on planet earth for they need to go now. The dinner is over she barely touch nor eat her food. her love for Jessica is greater than her love for food, maybe? She is losing who she was again. Her mother saw how pale she was and immediate tend to her daughter. Asked her if she was fine, feeling any pain. She hates to worry her mother. She didn’t want any more pain for them because because of her own pain. No more pain for them. Yet she felt failing again. She said sorry to her mother and she assured her she was fine and good. She smiled. She somehow learned how to fake a smile for them to lessen the worrying. Yet she knows she can’t deceive them. They know her for being cheeky and hyper.

Sooyoung’s own pain is enough and did not need for others to suffer because of her. She wants to own all the pain that Jessi brought her, that is one reason she left. It isn’t like Jessi did that on purpose, right? Jessica will never want to hurt her, she is very sure of that. Jessica loves her, like how Sooyoung loves Jessica. Sooyoung didn’t understand why Jessica had to only leave her a damn letter and not tell her right in her face what was wrong. Is she that not understanding? Yes, maybe Sooyoung is childish at time but she would do her best to understand her Jessi, everything for Jessi, she will do.

She shrugged it all off and looked at the Im family. They were already standing and waiting for her. Crap. She instantly stands and bowed to them thanking for a wonderful dinner. And bind their goodbye to them. She apologetically smiled at Yoona. She wants to asked for sorry about what happened at the airport and to her unnie and for spacing out the whole dinner.

 

"Honey--"

 

"Mom, am fine. Really. I was just thinking a while ago. Am sorry, don’t worry." Sooyoung said almost pleading, ducking her head low looking at the ground.

 

"Dear, she said she is fine. We better go home so she can have her rest." Mr. Choi as he put his arms around the waist of her wife smiled at Soo and nod. Better not to make it a big deal before their daughter could disappear in front of them again.

 

The last time they tried to talk to Sooyoung urging her to go out of her room and have fun with her friends’ turnout to be so not well. He thought Sooyoung had enough of their nagging on those times then one day as they entered her room only finding Sooyoung's note saying she will be gone not knowing when she will comeback but definitely she will be back and also said don’t look and worry for her. Now her father is trying not to repeat the history.

Sooyoung smiled to her father, she says her goodbye and said she will be staying at her apartment, hugged them both and excusing herself to the comfort room.

As she enters the comfort room she washed her hands and looks her own in the mirror. A creaking sound emitted, by reflex Sooyoung via the mirror looked one of the stall opening revealing a dazzling creature. Sooyoung literally jaw dropped at the sight of the glorious Yoona. Yoona was slightly startled to see Sooyoung there too.

“You’re drooling Ms. Choi.” Smirking Yoona teasing Sooyoung. Sooyoung blink her eyes twice before processing the words that Yoona said. She looks at Yoona, while the latter eyeing her. Yoona came closer to her, facing her not breaking the eye contact, touching the latter’s chin with a slight tracing of her jaw line and elevating Sooyoung's mandible closing her gaping mouth. Sooyoung didn’t flinch to the smooth touch, their eyes locked and she felt like she was bewitched by this stunning girl in front of her. Yoona’s eyes were smooth and why did she felt like it was with care? Is it? It is also searching for something deeper? Sooyoung suddenly felt insecure thinking what she look like. Stupid. Her beauty is nothing compared to this beyond beautiful being. She swallowed. It was never nice staring onto others she said to herself.  

“You’re beautiful.”

“E-excuse me?” Sooyoung, did you just stutter? But Yoona giggled. Her fingertips glide up to Sooyoung’s cheek caresses it. Sooyoung flushed with the gesture didn’t know what to do. Frozen in place.

“I said, you, Choi Sooyoung are beautiful.” 

“What th--?” Sooyoung can’t believe what she’s hearing now. Even her ears were red now.   

“Your cheekbones are cute too.” Yoona’s voice was with a tint of huskiness still smiling at Sooyoung while her hands at Sooyoung's fluffy cheeks. 

“A-aam.” Sooyoung found it hard to take Yoona’s hand off her face. So warm, she likes it and disappointed as Yoona withdrew her hand.

“I better get going.” Yoona swiftly went out of the restroom leaving Sooyoung dumbfounded.

“What was that?” Sooyoung turned to look at her face in the mirror found that she was all flushed. She can feel her heart pumping rather faster than usual, she inhale and exhale, relaxing her unsteady breathing. She goes out of the resto and head to the parking lot only to find Yoona standing, she reluctantly fighting with herself to go talk to her or better if she leaves her here.. Alone.in the dark. With that dress.

“Hey,” A frowning face meets Soo.

“Hey,”

“What’s wrong?”

“My car.” She points to her car.

“Ow. Nice car you got. Ow. Flat tire?”

“Yes.”

Pouting and a frowning face, so cute. She was amused. “What happened? Do you have an extra?”

“They drove it here and it runs into something pointy and now this. No, because I can’t change tires.” Sooyoung’s car was now parking besides Yoona’s and the waiter pass her the keys.

"Come, I’ll drive you home. I will call the tire center so they could tow your car, we’ll get em tomorrow.” She holds the girl wrist and dragged her into the passenger’s seat, holding her head in case she bump her head and sit her and pulls the seat beat, closed the door for her before she could retaliate. She hops in and smiles meekly as she put her seat beat.

“Where to?” as she starts her car and drove away from the resto.

Yoona was shock by what just happened but nevertheless she said her apartment address which where Sooyoung lives too.

“We live at the same building?” She technically was surprise.

“You live there too?” Yoona got her compose self now.

“Yeah, but I am new, just 2 days ago.” Yoona nodded.

“Are you okay now?”

“Huh?”

“Did you visit your doctor?”

“Hm. About that, am fine and am sorry for what happened at our first meeting.”

“Its fine.” Said Yoona and silence engulf the two.

“Can we go to the coffee shop first?”

“Sure, no problem.”

“Am actually starving.”

“Yeah, I see you didn’t eat much out there.”

“You notice?” Sooyoung looking shock and so loud. Yoona chuckled at that.

“Haha. I wonder where you head was taking you. You were out of your wit, y’know”

“So you were practically staring at me huh?” Teasing Yoona is the best, she blush, wide eyes and pout, really a cute sight.

“You were in front of me!”

“And why are you being so defensive all of a sudden?”

“Am not.” *pouts. Its Sooyoung turn to laugh as she turn to the curb and goes out of the car and opens the door for Yoona.

“Hey, I can open the door? Don’t be so gentle I might fall for you.” Yoona tries to humor Soo.

“I think your being faster, Glorious Im Yoona.” Giving her hand to Yoona as she would like to supports her in getting out of her car. Her other hand guiding the top of Yoona's head. 

“Look who’s talking, being all caring and gentle here?” Grabbing Sooyoung’s hand as she goes fully out of the car. They smiled sweetly at each other like a lovely couple and started giggling. Sooyoung leading Yoona into the coffee shop. A 24-hour coffee shop. They sit and Sooyoung asked what Yoona wants, the latter said she wants a blueberry cheesecake and tea.

“I love cheesecakes too!” Sooyoung is getting excited again know they have a lot in common. She order 2 oreo dream cheesecake, a cup of chocolate milk, 2 blueberry muffin for herself and a blueberry cheesecake for Yoona and tea.

“Yaah. Soo? How to finished all of this”

“I didn’t have a proper meal.”

“I know. This are all desserts, you’ll get fat.”

“Me not ge-et-tin fa-at.”

“Yah! Swallow!”

“Sorry about that. I said I don’t get fat.”

“So do i.” : )

“Seriously??”

“Do I look like joking to you?”

“Nerp. J-ast d-at we  si-mi-la-arities.” She gulp and drank her milk look at Yoona who is also done with her cheesecake. “Want some?” She offer her muffin shoving it to Yoona’s mouth.

“Yaa-ah!”

“Hey, swallow.”

Yoona hit her arm and they giggle. That night they talk about a lot more things and found more about each other and Sooyoung felt happy again and somehow forgot to think of her Jessica.

As they reached their building, “Thank you for the ride, Soo and for the desserts.” She smiles sweetly to Sooyoung.

“Can I borrow your phone?”

“Huh? Here? Why?” she fished her phone inside her pouch and gives it to Sooyoung. Sooyoung started typing and a ringing was heard as she held Yoona’s phone back.

“This is my number. Lemme help you get your car tomorrow. Call me, please.” She held Yoona’s arm and dragged her inside the elevator.

“What floor you in?”

“Soo, you don’t have to do all of this.”

“But I want to.” Sooyoung said even pouting. “Don’t you like me being around you?”

“W-what? No.”

“So you want me by you're side?”

“W-what??” I think you’re going to fast Choi Sooyoung.

"Logically speaking, if you don't accept the 1st hypothesis, technically your accepting the second."

"Hypothesis is a speculation of an experiment. Are you experimenting on me?! It only came from inductive reasoning, that is offending, Miss Choi." Yoona said at the same time pouted.

They had to laugh at the sudden research study talk.

“With all due respect, Miss Im. I was just being logical for a while, now going back. Me, around you. To help you? And spend time too, is it okay?”

“But I hate to bother you.”

“I have nothing to do tomorrow so its fine." In all honesty Sooyoung just wanted to spend time with Yoona, she had fun and maybe they click? "What floor, Miss Im?”

“26th. Are you really sure?”

“Am at 26th floor too!” Sooyoung getting louder because of excitement.

Yoona had to laugh again because of Sooyoung's reaction. Her face is so cute and excited not to mention her grinning face with her dimples. You entertain me you, Choi Sooyoung.