Woken up

You Are My Everything

Sooyoung threw up a glance of annoyance when she can’t find the book she need for her assignment that is to be submitted tomorrow. She looked at the clock hanging over the door of the library. Six. Taeyeon, her best friend, should be here half an hour ago. Stupid, why can’t she leave her practice just for the day. She opened sneering mimicry ‘Must go to the music room to practice to keep our voices in condition’ Instead of being here and helping her in the completion of their assignment. She cast a glance on her assignment she’d been working on.

 

Sooyoung hissed in annoyance. This missing book is annoying her further. A knocked on the table startled her. A slender figure, with pale face and a brown curled hair standing besides the table. Jessica. Her other groupmate in other subject. Great, just great. She is a transferee from US. What is the great part is they were not close nor talking in the room. It will be a bit better if they knew each other if they were to be in one group together but the additional awkwardness and caution gave her more pains. Sooyoung narrowed her eyes. Does she even know how to speak Korean? She is pretty though.

 

Jessica introduced herself in class a week before, in English. She hesitantly bow slightly with apology written in her posture, sits on the chair in front of Sooyoung. Sooyoung held her sigh. Hand clasped in front of her and looked up, as Jessica slowly glance on her.

 

“E-excuse me for bothering you, b-but I am your groupmate in our English class…” her voice trailing off as she swallowed.

 

Sooyoung sniffed. She felt like blood is flowing out of her nose. And more stuttering occurred.

 

“I a-am Jessica Jung.” And she pushed her hands to Sooyoung with a shy smile on her flushed face. Sooyoung was taken a back and cleared as she reached her hand and shake it.

 

“Choi Sooyoung.” A one-sided crooked smile appeared. Jessica felt paralyzed. She swallowed and nodded.

 

“O-our presentation for n-next week’s report is c-complete.” Ah. The report due next week. She remembered their professor assigned her in her group. She assigned her to do the powerpoint presentation via the online group chat she created, she also gave her the almost complete report but they never talked again. They never really talked properly and formally in person.

 

“Really? But it was an unfinished report I uploaded. Right?” Sooyoung answered her in English. Sooyoung was not dumb in fact she is actually intelligent but she is a lazy student. She loves to procrastinate and ended up cramming everything a day before the deadline. 

 

“Y-yes but I researched some and T-taeyeon-sshi gave the m-missing part of the report.”

 

“Taeyeon did that? Really?” Sooyoung cannot seem to process what Jessica said. Skeptic. Taeyeon really did that? Guess Taeyeon does not slack at all. But she is still late. She is still butthurt over Taeyeon's choosing her practice over Sooyoung. “Thank you very much Jessica. How did you find me here?”

 

“I actually s-stayed here after class. Over ther at the back.”

 

“That’s why.” 

 

“Here.” Jessica gave her a pink flashdrive. Sooyoung giggles. “W-why?” The puzzled Jessica asked her.

 

“Nothing. Its just the color is cute. Do you like pink?” Sooyoung took it.

 

“Y-yes,” Jessica blushed and ducked her head.

 

“Well, this is for you then. As a thank yu gift for giving to me before the deadline.”

 

“W-what? W-why? I cannot accept that. It's part of the package of the student's life.”

 

“Why not? A beautiful young lady deserves to receive beautiful flowers like this.”

 

“…”

 

“Please?” Smiled crookedly and uncertainly. “Jessie, I beg you to accept this.” Sooyoung whispered with a lil’ embarrassed. She often receives flowers and chocolates from her admires. And there is this cute little boy she met on her way to school who gave her this flowers. She cannot simply stand to refuse it especially when she sees the look of embarrassment and a bit of encouragement from the cute little boy, her heartstrings are being tugged, she is being too kind to them though see accepts no one’s confession yet.

 

“O-okay. Thank you very much Sooyoungie.” Jessica smiling sweetly.

 

“Phew. I thought you won’t accept them. Kekeke~”

 

“Hm baby’s breathe are hard to resist. They are my favorite.” Another sweet smile from Jessie and Sooyoung felt her heart jump out from her chest. She held her chest and smiled back to Jessie.

 

This was their first formal introduction and conversation. But they are comfortable with each other already.

"What are you doing this late in the library? Everyone has gone home."

"Was doing our report, but there is this midget who ditch me and I can't seem to find this book I need for reference. How about you?" Can't hide her annoyance not again.

"Do you by chance need help?" 

"But it's late and bothering you is the least I wish to do."

"I'll keep you company if you don't need my help, and you are not bothering me at all."

"Okay fine. I need help because it is due tomorrow and let me treat you dinner to at least thank you for you're kindness."

"Sure, fine with me. And you're even doing me a favor."

"How is that?"

"Cause I am actually tired of eating alone." Jessica chuckled and it sounded heavenly on Sooyoung's ear. That night Jessica help Sooyoung to finished her report and had their dinner, that was the beginning of everything.

 

---

 

Sooyoung opened her eyes slowly waking her up from the beaming sunlight. She scanned her surroundings. Her room. She blinked and closed her eyes again. Hoping to fall back to sleep and dream of Jessica again. I miss you. She pulled her blanket up and covers her face. She heard a soft knocked and a click indicating the door has been opened. A short cute light brown haired entered follows by a shorter with short blonde hair with white complexion and finally a brunette entered Sooyoung room.

 

“Why are we all here?” Yuri questioned the two midget in her front.

 

“Shh! Sooyoung will be awaken.” Hushed by the short blonde.

 

“Yah! Sunny you are louder!”

 

“Kim Taeyeon you are shouting!”

 

“Quiet both of you!” Yuri smacked them both.

 

“Yaah! We are older than you why are you treating us like kids!” Sunny can’t keep her voice down.

 

Sooyoung can’t hide her annoyance and irritant, throws her blanket to them and “YAAAH! ALL OF YOU! WHY ARE YOU QUARRELING INSIDE MY ROOM!!”

 

The three feeling little while covering their ears for Sooyoung is yelling at them.

 

“Sooyoung-ah!” after Sooyoung shouting, Sunny practically ran to Sooyoung and hug her tight.

 

“What are you doing in my room? Why are you all here?”

 

“What?! Surprise! Aren't you glad to see us?"

 

"We are visiting you! You, babo.”

 

“…”

 

“What happened to you! We miss you so much! We are worried of you!”

 

“You love making us all worried huh?” Taeyeon a bit upset with Soo.

 

“Yaah. You don’t need to worry I am old enough.” Guilty is engulping Sooyoung.

 

“But you’re still a baby to me.” Sunny said sticking her tongue out to Soo.

 

“Looking whose talking. At least I grew taller than both of you!” Sooyoung merong back to Sunny.

 

“Kids, stop bickering. You! Choi Sooyoung, don’t go anywhere anymore without us! Please don’t runaway again like what you did the last time. Are we that useless to you Soo?” Taeyeon a bit hurt too.

 

“Don’t talk like that Taeyeon-aaah.” Sooyoung walked to Taeyeon and hug her just right and comfortably warm. "I am sorry, Okay. I did not mean to disappoint you, all. It's just.." Sooyoung will not admit that she is afraid that her friends might  get tired of her and their problems.

 

“We do miss you a lot Soo.” Sooyoung’s hugs are nice that Taeyeon already forget her anger to Soo and hugged her back.

 

“Promise me first,”

 

“Promise you what?”

 

“You’ll not gonna runaway anymore.”

 

“…”

 

“Soo, we are her for you always.” Yuri hit Soo’s head pretty hard. “That was a reminder for you.” Smacked her again. “That was for running away without us!”

 

“If you want to runaway Soo just asked me and I’ll runaway with you.” Sunny winked at Soo. Taeyeon smacked Sunny’s head.

 

"No more running away!"

 

"Why not? It'll be fun!" Sunny is excited about the concept of runningaway. Taeyeon spank Sunny in the head.

 

"No more running away, do you three understand?" Taeyeon said with a stern voice.

 

“Ne, ajhumma.” The three in sync.

 

“Whose ahjumma?!” and the three were hit by the lil’ kid.

 

“But Soo really? What happened to you?” Yuri turned to Soo to ask her.

 

“What ‘what happened to me?’ Yul” Soo seems confused.

 

“Don’t you remember? You, Yoona’s friend said she found lying you on the ground into the airport, unconscious.”

 

Sooyoung suddenly recalled everything that happened into the airport.

 

“Jessie.” Soo did not know she speaks her thought.

 

“What Jessie? Soo, are alright?” Taeyeon said.

 

“I think saw Jessie at the airport yesterday.” She does not want to lie to her friends about yesterday.

 

“Jessie returned? Are you sure? Maybe you are just hallucinating?” Taeyeon doubtful.

 

“Or its just a dream Soo?” Sunny continues.

 

Is it just a dream? Sooyoung badly want to see Jessica. Could it be Jessica or they are right?

 

“Maybe?” Sooyoung shudder it off because now a day she cannot tell the truth from her dreams. Maybe they were right but maybe not. But right now she is trying hard to move on, but having a bad time forgetting Sica. She suddenly feels she woken up from her dream, a beautiful dream. Tired. Exhausted from dreaming. Just dreaming. Just so sudden she wants to forget everything about Jessica and focus on the people who are here with her right this moment. She is happy to see them again after a long time. “Yoona! I was with Yoona yesterday! Where is she?! Her unni? Did they meet??”

 

“Actually, Choi Sooyoung, the person who saw you lying into the ground is Yoona’s unni Soo.”

 

"Ah, yes, you just said that... What?! What did you said again?”

 

“Yes, Soo.”

 

“Who is Yoona?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Yoona? Yoona?” That name rings a bell to Sunny. “The glorious Yoona?!” Sunny excitedly asked.

 

“Glorious Yoona??” Taeyeon and Sooyoung questioned at the same time.

 

“Never heard of the ‘Glorious Yoona’?! She is so famous in our school.”

 

-----