Chapter 9

Left behind

A/N: Hi everyone~ Thank you all for your concern, I'm really touched by your messages and encouraging words. I wish I could hug you all ♥
I'm so happy this fic gets so much love. Ok, I won't write anything more. Hugs!


--------------------------------------------
 

When they reached Yukwon's house again, Jiho and Kyung had gone inside to sit down on the big couch by the tv, doing nothing in paticular.

 

"Good, you found him," Jiho said to the younger once they got inside the house.

 

Jihoon nodded, looking at Taeil, who looked at the floor, slightly embarrassed.

 

"Wanna have another beer?" Jiho asked, making room for them to sit.

 

"No," Jihoon answered, "I think we're both going to bed."
Getting sleep was the first priority right now.

 

They left the others and walked up to the second floor. The house was really cosy and even though the walls were of bright cold colors, the furnitures and family photos gave it a warm feeling. Taeil really liked it.

 

"Um, where do you want to sleep?" Jihoon asked, "Obviously Minhyuk is in Yukwon's room and Jiho and Kyung usually sleeps on the couch they sat on now."

 

"Hm, I don't know." Taeil looked around, "What's left?"

 

"Well, since his parents are away, Yukwon said we could sleep in his parents room. And his brother has moved away, so that room is avalible too."

 

Taeil thought about it, so it's either a shared double bed or a single in the brother's room then. For some reason his body screamed for comfort, and not just any comfort, but Jihoon's embrace. On the other hand, if he said he'll sleep in the parents room, wasn't that like saying he liked Jihoon? Which he didn't?

 

"Um," Jihoon cleared his throat, "Of course we'll sleep separately. So don't be scared and just choose what's more comfortable."

 

Taeil wanted to slap himself in the face. Yes... of course. "Doesn't really matter."

 

Jihoon smiled, "Then you can take his parents bed, it's a king size."

 

Taeil nodded, "Ok, I'll just go get my things."

 

Just as he turned around, he saw Jiho coming up the stairs with a passed out Kyung on his back.

 

"Eh, hehe, sorry guys," Jiho struggled to speak, "but he just threw up downstairs and I think it would be best if he laid down in a real bed."

 

"W-what do you mean?" Jihoon stuttered.

 

Jiho sighed, "I mean that I'll put him in Yukwon's brother's bed and I'll sleep on the floor beside him, since it's already a mattress in there, to keep an eye o him," he growled, "You guys can take the parents bed can't you?"

 

Silence.

 

Taeil stared at Jiho, then at the groaning Kyung, and then back at Jihoon who looked just as stunned as he himself was.

 

Jiho rolled his eyes, "Come on guys, sharing a bed has nothing to do with having feelings for each other."

 

"We know!" Jihoon splurted out.

 

"Then do as I say. Open up the goddamned room,"

 

Jihoon did as he was told and left Taeil standing there, watching the two helping Kyung to the bed. A hundered thoughts were invading Taeil's mind, pictures of him and Jihoon cuddling, kissing, a Jihoon, , , ...

 

AARGH!! He shook his head violently.

 

ing calm down, Lee Taeil. Your body wants attention, because it's been without it for too long, but the rest of you don't want this. You're going to sleep next to him, not with him.

 

He took a deep breath and went to look through the doorstep of Yukwon's brother's bedroom. Jiho was in the middle of undressing Kyung, with much difficulty since Kyung was a giggling mess. Jiho was swearing loudly as he finally got the t-shirt off and pulled down the jeans with much more ease.

 

Jihoon placed the small garbage bin beside the bed and patted Kyung's head, "Goodnight hyung."

 

Kyung smiled at him, eyes closed, "Baby Jihoon~ Let's take another shot!"

 

Jiho snorted, "You're not ing drinking anything again for the next upcoming months."

 

Kyung pouted and groaned loudly, "Everything's spinning."

 

"Oh really?" Jiho said sarcastically, "Thanks Jihoon, you can go now. I need to go down and clean up the mess."

 

"You want any help?"

 

"Nah, it's ok. I'm kind of used to it."

 

Taeil couldn't help but feel bad for Jiho. Cleaning up puke was and will always be the worst thing ever, along with being in public bathrooms.

 

Jihoon nodded and walked over to Taeil, "Let's go then."

 

Taeil agreed nervously and let Jihoon guide him to the parents room. When they opened the door, Taeil smiled at the styling. With blueish gray wallpapers and dark brown furnitures, along with the big black bed, bedded with navy blue sheets. He really appreciated this family's taste in furnishings.

 

"Nice room isn't it?" Jihoon said, smiling as he saw Taeil's face.

 

"Yeah," Taeil smiled back and went to sit down on the bed.

 

"They have spare toothbrushes if you want to borrow?" Jihoon continued, "We all kind of have a habit to forget things like that, so all of our families keeps a few spares for us to use."

 

"That would be nice, yeah. I'll go and get ready then."

 

Inside the bathroom, Taeil tried to calm himself down as much as possible, washing his face with cold water several times to 'wake up'. Please alcohol, go away as much as possible so I can think normally. He stared at his reflection, taking a deep breath before he went back to the bedroom.

 

Jihoon was sitting on his bed, playing with his phone when Taeil entered.

 

"I'm done," Taeil said.

 

"Great," the other smiled, putting his phone on the bedside table, "Me too, I went to the other toilet."

 

Taeil gave him a nervous smile, and walked to the bed.

 

"Um, Taeil?" Jihoon started, uncertain, looking at him, "If you really don't want to sleep next to me, I can sleep on the fl-"

 

"It's ok, don't worry about everything all the time."

 

Jihoon sent him a look, before he giggled, "Sorry!"

 

Taeil sat down, debating over to keep his jeans on or take them off, since it was greatly uncomfortable to sleep with them on.

 

Jihoon kind of answered his question, "Ehm, if it's ok for you, can I take off some of my clothes?" the younger asked, "I usually sleep only in my boxers since well.. it's warm."

 

Taeil nodded, he did that too, "Sure, I'm going to take off my jeans too I guess."

 

Jihoon giggled, but stopped when Taeil sent him a judging look.

 

"S-sorry!"

 

They turned around from each other, getting undressed. Taeil decided to keep his t-shirt on, part because he felt embarrassed, and partly to keep it save and innocent. He sighed as he turned around to see Jihoon sporting only boxers and a black tank top, face grinning up at him.

 

"Done?"

 

!

 

Taeil shot his gaze down to the floor, feeling his cheeks burn. Although Jihoon wasn't the fittest person Taeil had seen, the younger's body was still attractive. The way the black tank top hugged his broad chest, contrasting his pale skin and blonde hair made Taeil's body shiver. At least Taeil's t-shirt was long and big enough to cover him down middle thigh, not liking to show his body.

 

He avoided looking at Jihoon as he went down into the bed, pulling the blanket up to his neck. Jihoon soon followed him, sighing lovely as he the soft mattress caressed his back.

 

"Ah, I really love this bed. It's the best!"

 

Taeil agreed awkwardly.

 

"Goodnight then," Jihoon said, pulling at the blanket to get some of it too, making Taeil shudder at how close they were.

 

"Goodnight," he answered and turned around, back against Jihoon as the younger turned off the bedstand light.

 

Even though he was laying beside Jihoon, his fatigue took over pretty quickly and he felt himself being dragged to sleep.

 

*

 

"Taeil?"

 

Taeil turned around to see Woohyun.

 

"Long time no see,"

 

Long time? It was years! His long lost best friend, was now standing in front of him once again.

 

"How are you? Still going around being useless?" Woohyun smirked.

 

Taeil gave his friend a questioned look, "What?"

 

"You've always been useless haven't you? You've got the worst grades, you've never had a proper girlfriend, you work at ty places and your family hates you. Worthless!"

 

Pain.

 

"But you know that already, don't you? You're never going to have a good life, since you can't do anything. You can't feel anything."

 

His friend stepped closer, and continued,

 

"Remember when you came to me, crying, complaining that your father hated you for being useless and you mother was so disappointed for giving birth to a son who wasn't able to do anything, except partying and destroying the Lee family's reputation. You were so ugly when you cried helplessly beside me! Haha, it was so pathetic!"

 

Pain.

 

"I have everything now. I started having everything when I left you. You're like a grudge, nothing good comes out of you Taeil, and you know it. Useless and ugly, no one would give a damn if you died."

 

Taeil cried, the pain in his chest unbearable, as Woohyun's face finally faded away.

 

-Slap!-

 

His father was holding him tightly against the wall.

 

"Did your mother and I raise you to become nothing? You're useless! Nothing to be proud of!"

 

- Slap! -

 

"You're a disgrace for our family! Useless son!"

 

- Slap -

 

"Going around drinking and going to bed with ty women! Disgusting!"

 

- Slap -

 

"Enough!!"

 

Taeil heard his mother scream, his little brother crying, but his father kept on hitting him.

 

"I'm sorry!" Taeil screamed, begging for his father to stop.

 

- Slap -

 

*

 

"Taeil!"

 

"STOP!! I'm sorry!!"

 

"TAEIL!"

 

Taeil woke up with a jolt, inhaling sharply, grabbing the sheets, heart in his throat.
His eyes were met by darkness, It was a dream...
He buried his face in his hands, feeling the tears soaking his hands, body tinted with cold sweat.

 

"Taeil?"

 

Taeil turned around, having totally forgotten where he was, and was met by the concerned and scared eyes belonging Jihoon.

 

"Are... are you ok?" the younger whispered.

 

Taeil looked at the other, feeling new warm tears spill from his eyes. Seeing Jihoon in front of him calmed him, and he let out a pained groan before laying down, hugging his pillow tight, tears spilling on the newly washed sheets.

 

Jihoon watched the small boy, a total different boy than what he'd seen before. What are you hiding inside of you? Slowly he lowered himself into laying position as well, looking at the older doing his best to hide his crying face.

 

Taeil was shaking, and Jihoon took a deep breath before scooting closer. He gently moved to pull away the pillow Taeil's face was buried in, and the elder froze as he let the younger pull him into an embrace.

 

For a few seconds Taeil laid there in shock, stiff as a rock, before the warmth surrounded him and Jihoon whispered "Relax, it's ok."

 

His heart took an extra beat before he lost it, clinging onto Jihoon's tanktop tightly, letting his pain out in pained groans and cries. Jihoon was holding him tightly, pulling up the covers to cover them, giving them warmth, giving Taeil more soothing surroundings, as he let Taeil cry himself dry.

 

"What have you gone through?" Jihoon asked quietly, voice shaking, as he caressed his head.

 

And Taeil only cried more, hugging the younger closer.