Chapter 23

Left behind

Jihoon knocked on the door to his parents house and held tight onto Taeil's hand as they waited for his parents to open up. Taeil was sweating, and he was sure Jihoon could feel it through his hand as well, but he just smiled at him, assuring everything was going to be ok.

 

Taeil closed his eyes and took a deep breath, fighting the panic, trying to stay calm.

 

The door opened; "Jihoonie!" his mum shined like a sun as she hugged her son, "And you must be Taeil," she added and reached forward to hug Taeil as well.

 

Jihoon giggled as he saw Taeil freeze in his mom's embrace, "Mum, don't do that."

 

"Oh sorry, I have a habit of hugging people," she winked, "Welcome in, dinner's ready any time now!"

 

Taeil took a deep breath and walked inside with heavy steps - heartbeat right up his throat, sweat forming at his temples.

 

"Babe," Jihoon whispered.

 

Taeil met his eyes, and the younger placed a kiss on top of his head, "Calm down,"

 

Taeil sighed, nodding, taking his sweatshirt and shoes off.

 

Jihoon's house was big and spacious, bright colors and dark shaded furnitures, making it look expensive but comfortable. What caught Taeil's eye though was all the pictures on the walls. Baby pictures, family portraits and other family oriented memories. A big golden-framed picture of Jihoon, probably from a few years ago, was hanging in the hall beside their huge smart TV and Taeil smiled; This is how it's supposed to be in a house. 
His family only had one photo of him, and that was one when he held his newborn little brother in his arms. They'd taken down his other pictures as he got older, leaving only his little brother's left.

 

"Do you like it here?" Jihoon asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

 

Taeil nodded, "I like all the pictures,"

 

Jihoon smiled.

 

"Hello, I'm Jihoon's father," a tall man came from the kitchen and greeted him.

 

Taeil bowed, "Hello, I'm Lee Taeil," he felt nervous, so nervous. He hated being around fathers, since he'd had such bad experiences with his own.

 

Jihoon's father though smiled, a big, just as shiny smile as his son's, "Nice to finally meet you. We've heard quite a lot about you!"

 

Taeil was unsure of what to say and laughed awkwardly while bowing once again.

 

"Go back to the kitchen dad, we'll come when it's ready. I'll show him my room first," Jihoon grabbed his hand and walked him up the stairs, through a beige hallway heading to a room with a thick wooden door. 

 

"This is my room," Jihoon said and opened up, revealing a large room with a warm shade of peach painted on the walls, a big bed with black speadings and a black bookshelf filled with anything but books. Taeil felt himself calm down - he really liked the room.

 

Jihoon closed the door behind him and hugged Taeil from behind, leaning his chin on top of the olders' head, "How are you feeling?"

 

Taeil closed his eyes, "Better now when I'm inside here,"

 

Jihoon held him closer, "Has it been harder with your dad more than with your mum?"

 

Taeil was prepared for the question, "Sometimes, but it was kind of the same,"

 

Jihoon kissed his temple, "My dad's a good person. He is calm, happy and understa-"

 

"I have no doubts about that, Jihoon," Taeil interrupted, "It's not about him,"

 

"I'm sorry... I'm just trying to understand you,"

 

Taeil turned around, "I know, and I appreciate it. But it's alright not to talk about everything."

 

Jihoon tilted his head on the side and looked at him, nodding, "Alright."

 

Taeil gave him a smile and looked around in the younger's room again. The bed was indeed huge, with pillows formed like animals and teddybears pushed up against the wall. He didn't have a lot of decorations on the walls, mostly some cartoon posters and some rapper he didn't know the name of and a photo of his parents smiling.

 

Jihoon walked up to him slowly, "I don't have that many things, mostly games or music,"

 

"I like you room though," Taeil smiled, "It's got a warm feeling."

 

"You think?"

 

Taeil nodded.

 

"You can come whenever you want."

 

"Jihoon, that's-"

 

"I mean it, really," he hugged him again, "Come and stay over. My parents are away quite often on business things,"

 

"We'll see, Jihoon," he released himself from the embrace.

 

The younger snuggled closer, "I want to have another sleepover~"

 

Taeil pushed him away slightly, "Your parents are here!"

 

"The door is closed?"

 

"But don't stand so close.. They won't like it,"

 

Jihoon rolled his eyes, "They are fine with it," he said sternly and bent down to kiss his cheek.

 

"Dinner's ready kids!!" His mother shouted from downstairs.

 

Jihoon giggled as he walked to the door, "Come on!"

 

Jihoon's mum had made grilled chicken with tons of side dishes and it smelled like heaven.

 

"Please dig in," his mother said and Taeil reached forward to take a small piece from the chicken.

 

"Oh, take as much as you want, dear," she smiled, picking up some of the side-dishes with her chopsticks and put them on his plate. 

 

Jihoon looked over and smiled at the scene, "It's all good mum, he can't eat too much,"

 

Taeil smiled awkwardly and accepted the food, and started to eat after the family had grabbed some of their own.

 

"Taeil, tell us a little about yourself," Jihoon's mother asked.

 

"Mum, don't," Jihoon said sternly.

 

"Sorry dear, I'm just curious,"

 

Jihoon glared at his mother and Taeil knew Jihoon had asked his parents not to ask him questions, but he didn't want to make a bad atmosphere and opened his mouth, "It's nothing special about me. I work, help out at an animal shelter and well, nothing more."

 

"Oh, nice to hear you're helping animals. Our Jihoon is an animal lover as well," his mother smiled.

 

"What kind of work are you doing?" Jihoon's dad asked.

 

Taeil hesitated, he didn't want to say he worked different jobs. Having more than one job had never been considered good in Korea, and Jihoon didn't even know he still had his delivery jobs.

 

"He works at a café," Jihoon answered for him.

 

"That's cosy," his mother said, "We should go sometime!"

 

"No!" Jihoon groaned, "Mum, please."

 

"We're just playing with you, son," his father said, then looked at Taeil, "We don't need to know a lot about you, we're just happy that you're with our son."

 

Taeil looked away to hide his face.

 

"Yes, I agree," his mother said and gave her son a wink, making Jihoon smile.

 

"I'm happy he's with me too," Jihoon giggled, agreeing as well.

 

Taeil blushed, stuffing his mouth with food while the family smiled up at him.

 

The dinner continued harmlessly, mostly being the family joking and doing the talking. Jihoon's parents started telling him embarrassing stories from when Jihoon was young and Taeil started to laugh along with them. He grew to like the parents, who were a lot like Jihoon himself and the atmosphere made his heart warm. Thoughts like "This is what a family should be like" crossed his mind more than once, and even though he hadn't really experienced this kind of happiness by himself, he felt glad that Jihoon had been a kid born lucky.

 

Soon dinner was done and pretty much everything had been eaten up. 

 

"Thank you so much for the food," Taeil said politely, "It was really delicious."

 

"Thank you so much dear," Jihoon's mum answered delightfully, "You can come here and eat whenever you want again."

 

Taeil smiled but Jihoon smiled even wider, "I hope he will come many times as well," 

 

His dad laughed, "Are you staying for the night, Taeil?"

 

Taeil looked at him, "Oh, I don't kn-"

 

"We're going away this evening to our friends house, so you can call your friends and watch some movie if you want," Jihoon's dad continued.

 

"We can do that!" Jihoon shined up.

 

"Good!" his mother said and stood up, "We need to go in an hour, so let me have your plates," she said as she started to collect the dishes. 

 

Taeil stood up and bowed, "Thank you once again for the food,"

 

"Oh dear, one thank you is enough," she smiled and put a hand on Taeil's shoulder, squeezing it lightly, smiling up bright at him.

 

She's such a perfect mother, he thought to himself and excused himself, following Jihoon back up to his room.

 

"You're very lucky," Taeil said when Jihoon had closed the door behind them, "Your parents are great."

 

"Told you they were," Jihoon smirked, "Hope they didn't ask too many questions though? I told them not to ask inappropriate things,"

 

Taeil shook his head, "No, it's alright."

 

"Good!"

 

Taeil looked at him, admiring his features, "But really, you're very lucky, being born into this family."

 

Jihoon's expression weakened, "Taeil, don't thi-"

 

"No, no, no. I didn't mean it like that. I just think you're very blessed, and want you to know that and that you should appreciate your parents."

 

"I know, and I do that. Everyday," Jihoon said, "And you know, they can be like your second parents," he added.

 

"They're your parents, Jihoon-ah," he smiled, "But thank you," Jihoon pouted and gave him that signature puppy-look, "Jihoon... not that look,"

 

Jihoon leaned closer and kissed him. A warm, loving kiss and Jihoon slid his tongue against Taeil's lower lip to open up to kiss him more properly. They let out a long breath and moved closer, melting into each others' embrace. Jihoon held a hand behind Taeil's head, massaging the scalp slowly to make the elder relax even more.

 

Jihoon broke the kiss, "Thank you for coming today," he whispered, "Though I know it was too straight forward."

 

Taeil hummed, "It was fun," 

 

He reached up, trying to catch Jihoon's moist lips once more, and Jihoon giggled, kissing him again.

 

"I love you," the younger added quietly.

 

Taeil looked at him, placed both of his hands on the youngers' jawline, tracing it gently. Jihoon eyed him carefully, not wanting to break the silence. Feeling Taeil's fingers on him was giving him chills, and he tried hard not to let out any sound. 

 

Taeil giggled, "You're cute,"

 

"Aiiyuu," Jihoon complained and lifted him up, spinning him around. "You're the one that's cute! Not me!"

 

"Haha, no! Put me down!"

 

Jihoon giggled and put the other down, nuzzling his face against Taeil's, capturing his lips again, now more passionately, tugging onto him dearly. Taeil let him devour him, taste him the way he wanted to and didn't even notice him lift him up to the bed, laying him down and crawling on top of him. It felt so right, so real, but Jihoon's parents were home and Taeil cursed in his head. Still, he let Jihoon continue, because he knew Jihoon would never try anything while his parents were in the house. Even though, they grinded their bodies against each other, whispering sweet things, gently the skin underneath their clothes.

 

"Jihoon darling! We're going now!"

 

Jihoon sat up straight, as if being electrified and Taeil laughed at how scared he got, "O-okay mum!" he shouted, and stood up from the bed, opening the door, "Okay," he said again and looked down at his parents, who stood at the end of the stairway, "Have fun!"

 

"We will," his mother smiled, "You too! We'll be back after midnight."

 

Jihoon nodded and waved them off, then walked back to his room.

 

Taeil sat on his bed, waiting for him. The sight made Jihoon both excited and nervous, "Do you like my bed?"

 

Taeil raised his eyebrows, before he burst out into laughter.

 

Jihoon looked lost, before he facepalmed himself, "That came out weird, I'm sorry."

 

Taeil giggled, "I do like your bed," 

 

Jihoon smirked and skipped forward to the bed as well, sitting down beside the other, pulling him against his chest, "What do you want to do?"

 

Taeil leaned into his chest, "Movie?"

 

"Hmm, should I call the others?"

 

"No,"

 

Jihoon smiled, "Let's go down to the TV then!


-------------------------------------

A/N II: Did you guys see the new 5 minutes before chaos ep? Them waking up 
♥ Jihoon's reaction seeing himself shower hahaha! 
I'm angry they cut out Taeil's tattoo though.. I need to see those tattoos...
And was that the paper-kissing-game in the next ep?
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'm prepared.