Chapter 11

Left behind

Kyung woke up, feeling like his body had been run over by train, later to be thrown into war. He groaned as he felt his stomach contract viciously, "And this is why I should never mix vodka with soju," he muttered to himself, doing his best to sit up, scratching his eyes.

 

"Sorry Jiho-ah," he bowed when he saw his best friend, still sound asleep on a mattress placed on the floor.

 

Even though Kyung was out partying a lot, he had yet to learn his limits, much to his friends dismay. And when he enyojed himself, getting drunk enough to numb away any taste, he usually grabbed and drank everything he could get his hands on. Which in yesterday's case led to mixing the last vodka with the last soju.

 

Jiho tended to always be the one left to take care of him, since he, at least, had learned his limit ages ago and was already half sober by the time Kyung started to get out of control. Kyung sighed and stood up, craving the bathroom, but his head was still spinning and he found himself face down on top of Jiho's sleeping body within a second.

 

"For sake Kyung!" Jiho groaned and tried his best to push the laughing friend off of him.

 

"I'm sorry!" Kyung apologized, bowing his head once again.

 

"It ing hurt, I think you broke one of my ribs you bastard," Jiho took the opportunity to smack him on the forehead, "You're not that much of a light weighter."

 

 

Down the hall in Yukwon's parents room, Jihoon was awoken by the loud laughing that was Park Kyung. He was about to scream out insults before his brain registered the warm body pressed against him. He smiled to himself as he looked down at the still sleeping boy, mouth slightly open, breaths heavy.

 

The fact that he still felt the smaller's body against his own confirmed that yesterday hadn't been a dream, and Jihoon blushed at the memory of the beautiful older male laying underneath him, looking up at him in a way Jihoon never would forget.

 

Still, the agonizing feeling of nervousness and insecurity was building up inside of him. What if Taeil was angry? Did they take it too far, too fast? If Taeil got a similar reaction like last time, saying he nearly him, Jihoon would break. What they'd done now was much more than what happened in the kitchen.

 

"Mmnn..."

 

Jihoon looked down as Taeil shifted in his embrace, yawning sweetly. He was afraid to speak, afraid to startle the older, and waited patiently until Taeil opened his eyes groggily. His eyes met Jihoon and he smiled,

 

"Good morning,"

 

A feeling of relief went through Jihoon's veins, "Good morning," he smiled back, "Did you sleep well?"

 

Taeil nodded, he hadn't slept this well in ages, but he would never actually say that. The feeling of being protected made him calm, and who didn't like spooning? Seriously.

 

Taeil looked up at Jihoon, "Please don't look at me like that."

 

Jihoon laughed, "Haha, I'm sorry. What look am I giving you exactly?"

 

"It's just embarrassing," Taeil pushed him, "Have you been awake for long?"

 

Jihoon shook his head, "Just woke up, Kyung was laughing like a maniac for some reason, so."

 

"Yeah, I heard it too. What time is it?"

 

"Um," Jihoon sat up to look at the clock placed on the wall, "Soon eleven."

 

Taeil pulled himself up as well, stretching his back, covering himself with the duvet, not wanting to show his body in broad daylight. Jihoon moved on the bed to sit behind him, pulling him into a hug.

 

"Why are you always hiding yourself?" he whispered against his neck, "You don't need to."

 

Taeil shrugged, "I've never really liked my body... or myself,"

 

Jihoon hugged him closer, "I wish you could see that nothing's wrong with you."

 

Taeil laughed half-heartedly, "I don't mind hating myself."

 

Even though Taeil couldn't see the other boy, he could nearly feel him pouting, before he felt lips placing a kiss on his shoulder. A chill went through his body.

 

"I'll make you see how beautiful you are," Jihoon said quietly.

 

Taeil didn't answer, embracing Jihoon's arms surrounding him. They fell into a comfortable silence, before Jihoon turned Taeil around, "Can I kiss you?"

 

Taeil felt his face flush slightly and didn't get to answer before Jihoon pulled him into a sweet morning kiss. Taeil smiled against the blonde's lips.

 

 

One hour later, everyone had gathered in the kitchen, making themselves some breakfast. They had pulled out everything they could find in the refrigerator, since everyone was starving, craving food to cure the hungover. They'd pulled out left overs of bibimbap and galbi, also rice, kimchi, bread and even bananas. It wasn't the best mix of everything, but no one cared.

 

"Yah! Don't take all the kimchi!" Jiho complained and slapped Minhyuk's hand away.

 

Minhyuk cursed at him, "I helped his mom make this you er, I deserve to take everything!"

 

Jiho rolled his eyes, " you,"

 

"Don't fight," Yukwon groaned from his chair. He was in the middle of massaging his temples, hoping to get the stubborn headache away.

 

Kyung smirked at him, "Rough night Kwonnie?"

 

"If I was able to move without my head blowing up, I would strangle you Park Kyung," Yukwon muttered, glaring at the grinning boy.

 

Taeil sat quietly in a chair at the corner of the table, smiling at the bickering friends, munching on his food. Jihoon sat beside him watching his every move with loving eyes, offering him the best bites from all the different dishes. It was cute, like a mother making sure her precious son was eating well.

 

The two of them didn't notice the look Jiho was giving them from across the table, Kyung though, did noticed and leaned to the side, whispering in his friends ear;

 

"What are you looking at?"

 

"Haven't you noticed something about those two?" Jiho whispered back, nodding his head in Taeil and Jihoon's direction.

 

Kyung looked at them and raised an eyebrow. Jihoon was literally shining while looking at the smaller boy, giggling at whatever he said.

 

"Um, he's still madly in love with Taeil?"

 

Jiho snorted, giving Kyung a look, "Well, of course. But don't you see anything different about that Taeil boy?"

 

Kyung looked at the couple again, but turned back soon again, "Um..."

 

Jiho pinched the other's arm, "You've always been so damn thick. Can't you see?! Taeil is smiling back at him!"

 

Kyung pouted as he massaged his abused arm, "So what? He smiled at Jihoon yesterday too."

 

"Not like this, Kyung. It's different," Jiho's smirk grew larger, "I think we made it," he snickered.

 

Kyung took a big bite of his banana & rice sandwich, "Made what?"

 

Jiho leaned in closer, "Made them into a couple~!" he sang out in triumph.

 

Kyung laughed, "We officially named that plan mission impossible you know,"

 

"I know! But in the movies, that guy made it everytime riiiight?" Jiho gave him a wink.

 

"Of course he did, it's a movie," Kyung deadpanned, continuing to gulp down his food.

 

Jiho sighed in defeat, "I will never have fun about things like this with you, because you just never understand."

 

"What do you mean I never understand?"

 

Jiho shrugged, "A thing called 'being in love'?"

 

Kyung rolled his eyes.

 

Jiho glared at him, "I'll prove it to you."

 

"Try me," Kyung said without much enthusiasm.

 

Jiho smirked and cleared his throat to speak up, "So, how many times did Minhyuk you yesterday, Yukwon?"

 

Minhyuk shot a deadly glare at Jiho, and Yukwon sighed, "Shut up Jiho."

 

Jiho laughed, "Isn't that why you're so moody? Minhyuk-ah, you should be more careful with him."

 

"I take good care of my boyfriend, thank you very much," Minhyuk said as he still glared at him.

 

"You were about to have in front of us yesterday," Kyung pointed out, "Does that ring any bells?"

 

Yukwon gaped at him, "W-wha..", he groaned as he turned to slap his boyfriend's arm, "Stop taking advantage of me when I'm drunk!"

 

Minhyuk gave him an innocent smile, "Sorry babe, you know you're cute when you're drunk,"

 

"That shouldn't be a reason," he spat back.

 

"And you were pretty loud upstairs," Kyung continued, enjoying the situation.

 

"Of course, Kwonnie is a screamer," Minhyuk said out proudly.

 

Yukwon glared at him, "Who's side are you on exactly?!"

 

Minhyuk laughed, "Sorry babe," placing a kiss on his boyfriend's cheek. Yukwon huffed, but gave him a small smile after the kiss, leaning forward to place a small peck on Minhyuk's lips.

 

Jiho patted his fingers against the counter, knowing exactly what to say next, "Jihoon-ah,"

 

Jihoon looked at his hyung, "What?"

 

"When I was about to fall asleep I heard a few things from your shared room as well," he started, noticing the slight flicker of panic that was forming in the younger's eyes.

 

Everyone's attention had turned to Taeil and Jihoon, and Jiho continued with a teasing tone, "Sounded like you were enjoying yourselves just as much as our old couple here."

 

Taeil's eyes shot up in shock and Jihoon stood up, hands moving up in some gesture of defence,

 

"W-what?! We were.. we were just sleeping!"

 

The rest of the boys around the table stared at them with big eyes, and Jiho nudged Kyung's shoulder, giving him a meaningful look of 'I told you so'.

 

"What?" Minhyuk exclaimed, "Did you have ?"

 

"NO!" Jihoon nearly screamed, and Taeil wanted to sink through the floor, never to be found again.

 

Kyung laughed, "Oh my god, you really did it didn't you?"

 

"I said no!" Jihoon tried desperately.

 

It was all in vain after Jiho dropped the bomb. The only one who wasn't laughing was Yukwon, and Taeil felt his eyes on him, afraid to meet his gaze. The feeling of disgust started to build up inside of him and all he felt was pure shame. The shame slowly turning to anger as he heard Jihoon's desperate please and denies, trying to keep what happened a secret, unknowingly making it even more obvious.

 

ing idiots every single one of them, he thought to himself, Why should they give a ?! The pressure of regret grew stronger, strangling his chest, Why would I have with him?! ing erted s."

 

Something wet landed on this hand, Wha..? He was crying. Of course he was crying, like the stupid fragile boy he was. He hastly dried his eyes with the palm of his hand, before standing up, leaving the kitchen, taking no notice of the laughter that died out as soon as left the table.

 

"T-taeil..?" Jihoon said before he shot everyone a dirty look and ran after.

 

Yukwon raised from his chair, "Good job, Jiho," he sighed, "ing brilliant everyone," he cursed and left to room as well.

 

Taeil was marching up the staircase, determined to leave this house right this second and never associate with any of these people again. Just as he was about to grab his backpack in the room they'd slept in, Jihoon finally caught up, and told hold of his arm.

 

"Hey, what are-"

 

"I'm leaving," Taeil said shortly.

 

Jihoon looked at him, "Why? I-I know what Jiho said was wrong bu-"

 

"It's not about that,"

 

Jihoon frowned, and opened his mouth to say something, but chosed to close it again.

 

Taeil sighed, "Can't you see that all of them take this as a joke? We're a joke, I am a joke."

 

Jihoon stepped closer, "What do you-"

 

"Everything is a joke, Jihoon!" Taeil raised his voice, "I've finally understood that you all made me come here, just to make the others prove that in- in some way you would be able to get me, to me, even though I resisted you!"

 

Jihoon looked at him with a serious expression.

 

"Feelings, complicated humans, , they don't mean anything to you all do they?" Taeil continued, breath ragged, "But they do to me, Jihoon! You don't know how ing difficult it was for me to stay strong during this trip! How it took all of my damn strength to finally have the courage to touch you! And they are just making a joke out of it, laughing right at my stupid face!"

 

"It's not like that!" Jihoon said desperately, trying to take his hand, only to get it slapped away by the older.

 

"I'm a joke to you as well, aren't I? You don't ing care! Why would anyone ever care? It was pretty easy to get down into my pants, wasn't it? Too bad you didn't get to me!" he spit out the words as if it was poison.

 

"No! Taeil I-" Jihoon was trying to raise his voice.

 

"Shut up..."

 

"No! Listen to me!" Jihoon grabbed the smaller's shoulders, "You are not a joke, and I care!"

 

Taeil pushed him away, "I'm going home,"

 

"Please listen to me!" Jihoon's voice was shaking, "Please Taeil, believe me! My friends may be stupid sometimes but it was, it is, real to me!"

 

"Bull," Taeil rolled his eyes, "I'm just a toy to you, admit it. A toy to just play around with, easy to throw away. When it's no fun anymore you just go for another one. I know people like you, and I'm sick of them."

 

"You've never been-"

 

"Don't even try!" Taeil screamed, "I'm leaving! And I hope I'll never get to see anyone of you ever again!"

 

Taeil made it for the door, but Jihoon caught him, hugging him from behind, holding him with strong arms.

 

"Get off!"

 

Jihoon sat down on the floor, pulling Taeil down with him, "I'm never letting you go... ever."

 

Taeil laughed, "And I should believe that? Stop with that cheesy bullsh-"

 

"You will believe it," Jihoon stated quietly, voice breaking and Taeil felt tears spilling against his neck, rolling down over his collarbones. "I promise I'm not like everybody else, Taeil. I would never hurt you, please..."

 

Taeil took a deep breath, inhaling slowly, "I will never believe those words again."

 

Jihoon hugged Taeil's stiff body closer, "I don't want to become one of those who hurt you, I don't want to see you suffer like this. I don't even know the reasons, but you seem so... broken. I-I want to... I just want you to find yourself. I want to see you happy."

 

Taeil felt new tears spilling from his own eyes. He wanted to believe the words, but something inside him told him otherwise, accused him of being stupid. Stupid for believing this could work, stupid for everything that had happened in the past.

 

"When did you lose yourself, Taeil?" Jihoon whispered into his neck, "Can't you let me try to understand you?"

 

Taeil felt himself break, he'd never let anyone inside his space for these past years. He had shut himself inside total darkness, terrified to let anyone in, terrified to let anyone get to know the real, forgotten, Lee Taeil. He knew it wasn't healthy to keep on hiding from himself, it always ended up in a madhouse or turned into a suicide mission. Would Jihoon even want to know everything? Probably not. But the younger boy crying against his shoulder, the boy that had made his heart flutter, all because of him, made him want to share his story. He'd let him kiss him, he'd let him enter his personal space, and Jihoon had seemed so happy.

 

"Please, Taeil," Jihoon tried once again and took a deep breath, trying to keep himself calm, "Believe me."

 

Taeil's heart had already decided that yes, he should believe him. But the brain kept on repeating the agonizing memories of constant letdowns.

 

"He's not lying,"

 

A new voice suddenly speaking made both Taeil and Jihoon look up.

 

"Believe in him, Taeil," It was Yukwon, looking at both of them with a serious, but understanding expression, "He hasn't been joking around with you. He would never hurt you knowingly, I can promise that."




----

A/N: Sorry I'm making Zico into kind of a douche xD love him though lol~  Hugs and kisses~☆☆