Chapter 3

Left behind

He squinted his eyes as the morning sun hit him when he walked out of the door. The weather was nice, the sun was set high, but the air was still cold enough to wear a jacket.

 

He smiled as he saw the dogs running towards him, sitting down on the ground to let them bury their faces onto him, greeting them with a happy smile.

 

"Is it you Taeil?"

 

Taeil looked up at the male owner, Kangchil, and waved.

 

The tall, strong built male went to him and sat down as well, playing with the dogs, "My dear wife wants to know what kind of meat you want for tonight's dinner."

 

"Oh, that's means I'm invited?"

 

The male smiled, "If she would decide, you would eat here every day!"

 

Both of them laughed, "Any meat is fine really." Taeil finally answered.

 

"Then I'll say you wanted some pork belly, because that's what I want today," Kangchil winked.

 

Taeil let out a giggle.

 

"Jina!!" he called for his wife, "He says he wants pork belly!"

 

The female owner appeared in the doorway, "I'll go buy it later then!" she waved at him, smiling.

 

Kangchil gave Taeil's shoulder a squeeze, "Just come here after work, ok?"

 

"I will, thank you," Taeil said and stood up, "Better get going now,"

 

"See you later!"

 

Taeil waved goodbye to both of them as he started walking towards the subway station.

~

 

After packing up groceries at the big supermarket in Yeouido for three hours, Taeil headed back to the café in Sinchon for his shift for today.

 

As soon as he walked into the staff-room he was greeted by the most foolish smile he'd ever seen.

 

"I guess the date went good?" he said to the beaming Jaehyo.

 

"Are you kidding?! It was amazing!" Jaehyo was jumping in excitement, "She wore the cutest little dress I've ever seen! And she was always trying to hide when she laughed, and she was so pretty!!"

 

Taeil rolled his eyes, "So she likes you?"

 

Jaehyo's smile faded a little, "Yeah, she should right? If she's acting like that."

 

Taeil snorted, "So you don't know if she likes you?"

 

"Well, she didn't say anything about it," Jaehyo said and scratched his head, "I didn't really ask so,"

 

"You're an idiot," Taeil sighed before taking some cupcakes, sorting them with all the other cookies and bakings by the cash desk.

 

"I'm not! She blushed and smiled a lot! That learns more towards liking."

 

Taeil giggled, shrugging, "I don't know man."

 

Jaehyo made a frustrated sound, "Why can't you have some ing experience so you can help me with things like this?!"

 

Taeil raised an eyebrow at him, "I've been in relationships before!"

 

Jaehyo looked at him with the same expression, "Sure you have."

 

"I have!"

 

Jaehyo snorted, then went off to serve an order of cappuccinos.

 

"ing er..." Taeil muttered, "Does it matter if I've been in a relationship or not? I've still been with girls and done things, so I'm not ing inexperienced..."

 

He took the order from two giggling girls who wanted two White chocolate & raspberry cupcakes, complied with heart patterned caffé latte's. Taeil wanted to throw up.

 

About one hour after Taeil's shift had started, Jaehyo tapped him on the shoulder, "Hey, that guy over there has been staring at you ever since you got here."

 

-  -  -

 

Taeil frowned and looked around the café, then froze as his eyes landed on a bright haired guy.

 

"It's that one from yesterday..." he whispered and quickly looked away.

 

"Huh?" Jaehyo tried to look at the same direction.

 

"Don't look at him!" Taeil pulled his arm so he turned around.

 

"Ouch! You don't have to rip my arm off!" Jaehyo loudly complained.

 

"Why is he here again today?!" Taeil groaned.

 

"Wait, who is he?"

 

"He and his friends got here yesterday after you had left, were really damn weird, asking me to come with them for dinner! And that particular guy there said he thought I was ing cute," Taeil snarled.

 

"Well, you are cute," Jaehyo stated, expressionless.

 

"Shut up!" Taeil flicked his finger at Jaehyo's forehead, earning another yelp from the guy.

 

"It was like they all wanted to me or something!"

 

Jaehyo rubbed his forehead, "I think they were just trying to be nice or-"

 

"No!" Taeil buried his face in his hands, "Why are you so naive and stupid?"

 

"I think it's you who's overreacting, really."

 

Taeil gave him a dirty look.

 

Jaehyo looked back at him, "Just ignore him if he's annoying," he sighed and walked away to clean up some tables.

 

Taeil groaned again, then distracted himself with cleaning the workspace, even though it was shining already.

 

"Um... Can I get a coffee?" a quiet voice asked.

 

Taeil looked up and was met by the uncertain eyes of that bright haired guy, Jihoon.

 

They stared at each other in silence first, both of them unsure what to do.

 

Taeil cleared his throat, "A regular black?"

 

Jihoon just looked at him.

 

Taeil sighed, "Can you say what-"

 

"I'm sorry," Jihoon said quietly and looked down, as if he was embarrassed, "I'm sorry if you were offended in any way, or if we scared you or something yesterday,"

 

Taeil frowned, looking away, "It's ok."

 

"No, you got irritated and I'm sorry," Jihoon continued, "My friends are kind of straight forward, and I get more courage when I'm with them," he laughed nervously, "I would never tell you that I thought you were cute if I was alone! Even though I, you know, I think you are."

 

Silence. Taeil wanted to run away from this damn situation.

 

Jihoon cleared his throat, "So yeah, I just wanted to say sorry for um... invading your personal space and so on."

 

The bright haired pulled his bangs back awkwardly and looked up at Taeil, waiting for him to say something.

 

Taeil figured the taller felt just as awkward as he did, "Um, thank you for apologizing,"

 

Jihoon smiled widely, "No problem! I thought you had started to hate me!"

 

Taeil shook his head slightly, "I don't even know you," he said to himself.

 

"You can hate my friends if you want to, just don't hate me, ok?"

 

Jihoon winked at him, waving as he turned to walk out of the café, bowing as he walked out of the door.

 

Taeil looked after him, sighing, "How strange can you get?"



-------------------

A/N: Hugs to you all for reading~