Chapter 31

Left behind

Taeil had called Jihoon two hours later, asking him to come back home. Jihoon guessed he'd wanted some privacy, since it would've been impossible for Taeil and Yukwon to talk for two hours straight. Right? He'd had fun at Jiho's place though, so he wasn't complaining.

 

"What did you and Yukwon talk about?" Jihoon asked, as they prepared their dinner.

 

"Just a few things,"

 

Jihoon stirred the vegetables absentminded in the frypan, "Ok," he said simply.

 

Taeil looked at him, "He just reminded me about a few things, that's all,"

 

Jihoon nodded.

 

Taeil noticed the awkwardness going on, Jihoon was walking on ice.

 

He moved to turn off the gas to the stove, holding Jihoon's hand, "Should we call for takeout instead?"

 

Jihoon looked confused, "But we just started-"

 

"Pizza is better though, and I've been craving it for a while now,"

 

Jihoon smiled, "Sounds great, what kind do you want?"

 

 

Sharing pizza brought the mood up again and Taeil laughed loudly when Jihoon told him old stories from his highschool days. 

 

"Can you come here?" Jihoon requested, reaching after Taeil, motioning him to sit on his lap.

 

"Hm?" he obeyed, taking his noodle bowl with him, crawling onto Jihoon.

 

As the smaller settled on Jihoon's steady thighs, the younger hugged him, placing a kiss on his cheek, "I missed hugging you,"

 

Taeil giggled, taking the last bite into his mouth.

 

"And kissing you," Jihoon added, grabbing the plate from Taeil's hand, sweeping it away over the floor, earning a laugh from Taeil.

 

The feeling of being kissed by Jihoon again felt like heaven, and Taeil melted in Jihoon's warm body. Pressing himself closer, feeling the man he'd been absent from. Taeil moaned as he shift position and pushed Jihoon down on the floor, straddling the younger. Jihoon growled and grabbed Taeil's , pressing their hips together. 

 

Breaking the kiss Taeil switched to press open kisses down Jihoon's neck, trembling hands reaching down to Jihoon's jeans.

 

"Taeil," the younger grabbed his head gently, making eye contact, "Isn't it too early?"

 

Taeil heart was beating, beating so hard he even felt it through his entire body, "Early?"

 

Jihoon pushed himself up, gently brushing Taeil's bangs away from his face, "You have no idea how much I want to touch you, make love to you right here and now.. But I think we should wait,"

 

Taeil was confused, "Wait for what? We've already done it before?"

 

Jihoon kissed his chin, "I know but.. Until we can make it as good as you deserve,"

 

Jihoon's eyes were shimmering, and Taeil swore he'd never seen a more beautiful sight. Is this how people in love look at their beloved ones? He smiled, feeling the heat tint his cheeks. 

 

"Thank you,"

 

 

"Dinner party?" Taeil asked again, busy deciding which tea to drink for breakfast.

 

Jihoon came through the door, "Yeah, Jiho-hyung said his family, including his brother, are going to Japan this weekend, so we're invited to his place for some fun,"

 

"Friday to Sunday?"

 

"Not sure, he said he'll call again after checking everyones schedules. Are you available?"

 

"Since I quit my weekend jobs, I'm free from 3pm on Friday," Taeil answered while starting the rice cooker.

 

"Ok, good! I'll text him right away,"

 

"Jihoon-ah," memories from their last party came back, memories of Minsoo, and Taeil looked at Jihoon with uncertain eyes, "Who are coming?" 

 

Jihoon met his gaze, "Don't worry, Kyung and Minsoo are no longer friends,"

 

Taeil looked down, guilt forming in his guts, "He didn't have to end their friendship,"

 

"Oh, he had to! Believe me, Kyung doesn't want anything to do with him,"

 

"But still. If it wasn't because of me, they would still-"

 

"Shh, let's not talk about how everything is your fault again, shall we?" Jihoon said, waving him off ironically.

 

Taeil rolled his eyes, "Hey, I'm not like that?"

 

Jihoon's face lit up, "You mad?" he came sneaking onto him, placing his big hands on the smaller's hipbones, "You're so cute when you're irritated," he placed a kiss on Taeil's pouting lips. 

 

Taeil grumbled as Jihoon continued to place sweet kisses all over his face until Taeil couldn't hold back his giggle any longer, "Kiss me properly instead,"

 

Jihoon obeyed, leaning forward, tongue slowly sliding into Taeil's warm mouth. The smaller smiled into the kiss, tongue meeting Jihoon's.

 

~

 

"I told you to buy carrots, and here you come with ing parsnips," Jiho folded his arms, glaring at Kyung.

 

"What's wrong with parsnips? They're healthier than carrots anyway,"

 

"They're disgusting!"

 

"Stop being childish," Kyung huffed, "Should I go back and buy the moldy carrots instead?

 

Yukwon let out a loud sigh, "The convenience store has carrots, why don't you go down there and buy some?"

 

Jiho, "Yeah, go down and buy them, Kyung,"

 

"Why should I?!"

 

"Because I asked for ing carrots!!"

 

"Please!" Minhyuk finally screamed out, "Cut it off! How old are you guys again?!"

 

Kyung pouted, "Jiho's the childish one- HEY!" one of the parsnip hit Kyung's thigh, "That hurt!"

 

Jiho smirked, throwing the other one as well.

 

Minhyuk took deep breaths, trying to keep his nerves down as the boys started to chase each other around the kitchen.

 

Yukwon smiled, "Calm down, you know they'll stop soon,"

 

Minhyuk snorted, "Sometimes I wonder why I even befriended those two,"

 

"Come on, you're the same. Don't try to act normal," Yukwon teased.

 

Minhyuk raised an eyebrow, "If you had to chose the most normal one here, wouldn't it be me?"

 

Yukwon shrugged, "I think I would've picked Jihoon,"

 

"Jihoon?!" Minhyuk turned to face his boyfriend, "Jihoon's like a fifteen year old girl!"

 

"I'm not a girl!" Jihoon shouted from the other side of the kitchen, "Don't you think I can hear you?!"

 

"The girliest one here though," Minhyuk stuck his tongue out.

 

"I'm not!"

 

Taeil was a laughing mess beside Jihoon, "Leave it. Such a cutie you are," he reached forward and cupped Jihoon's head delightfully, slowly shaking it, "Cute!"

 

Jihoon blushed, which made Taeil's smile grew impossibly wide.

 

"Stop, you're making me sick," Kyung hissed, throwing a potato at the couple.

 

"Look who's jealous," Minhyuk pointed out, "You wished it was you and Jiho, don't you?"

 

Laughter was heard around the room, and as much as Kyung used to laugh with them, he stayed silent, giving them an awkward smile.

 

Minhyuk raised an eyebrow, "Did I hit the soft spot?,"

 

Jiho who had been standing awkwardly beside Kyung sighed, "Why would he think that? Just because you guys ship us like some damn fangirls doesn't mean it's real,"

 

Kyung turned to look at him, Jiho was irritated. Very irritated.

 

"Thanks for ruining the mood, Minhyuk," he finished and left the room.

 

"Jiho, it's a joke! Don't take it seriously," Yukwon said.

 

"If you run away, it's even more obvious," Minhyuk added deviously.

 

Yukwon slapped his arm, "You're not helping!" 

 

 

Finishing making the food had taken nearly two hours. Preparing, boiling, frying, set the table, putting the actual food on the table... mixed with gibbering and random kisses. In the middle of preparing the food Jaehyo had come as well, and Taeil had to convince Jihoon and Jiho once again that nothing had been Jaehyo's fault, and that he was a good friend to him. Jaehyo had been awkward, but he helped the others out, answered every question asked to him, and since he was so honest and forward, he was easily accepted. Taeil smiled as Jaehyo laughed loudly at something Kyung said.
The food was amazing, even though it wasn't that pleasant for the eye, and it was eaten up easily with the help of beer and soju. 

 

Jiho stared hazily at the many empty bottles on the table, his head was too fuzzy to focus properly, he didn't even remember consuming this much alcohol. He turned his head at the loud laughter coming from behind him, catching Taeil, Jihoon and Jaehyo doing something that looked like twister, while Yukwon spinned the board, laughing like a maniac, sitting on Minhyuk's lap. Minhyuk though paid no attention to the game at all - Jiho swore when he noticed Minhyuk Yukwon's neck while hands roamed around his boyfriend's body like a police searching for drugs.

 

"You're wiped out already?" 

 

Kyung came and sat beside him, "I know that we all are pretty gone, but you're about to pass out,"

 

" you," Jiho slurred, "I'm ok,"

 

"No, you're not. Come on, let's go out for some fresh air. I'll get you some water,"

 

Jiho let Kyung help him out. He was drunker than he'd predicted, and started to feel nauseous seeing the hallway spin around. Finally they got out to the yard and Kyung sat Jiho down on the small lawn, leaving him to walk inside to grab a bottle of water. 

 

"How are you feeling?" Kyung asked as he returned, "You need to drink the whole bottle before you go to sleep, ok?"

 

"If I drink all of this I will throw up,"

 

Kyung grimaced, "Ew,"

 

They sat still for a while, Kyung keeping an eye on Jiho so that he kept on drinking the water and didn't pass out. After about 20 minutes, the rush left and Jiho felt the drowsiness slowly building up.

 

He yawned, "You think the others went to sleep yet?" 

 

Kyung shrugged, "Nah, I can still hear laughter from inside, so at least some of them are still up,"

 

"What time is it anyway? It's getting cold,"

 

"You're cold? It's close to 3am,"

 

"Ah.. already," another yawn, "And yes, I'm cold. It's not like we're living in Africa,"

 

Kyung gave him a half-smile, "Nah, but sometimes I wish we did,"

 

Jiho's gasped, "You want to get killed?"

 

Kyung laughed, "Come on, it's not like I will get killed by a wild animal just because I live there. I would be one of those tribe-people you know, they're cool as ,"

 

"They would offer you as bait,"

 

Kyung pushed him away, "Shut up. I would've easily been the leader of the tribe!"

 

Jiho broke out in full laughter, holding onto his stomach.

 

Kyung squinted at him, "Not like you would've been a good leader!"

 

Jiho squealed from laughter, "I-it's not that! I just - haha- pictured you in one of those tribe outfits!"

 

Kyung the also gave in and started laughing along his best friend.

 

Ten minutes later, when the both of them had calmed down, they decided to go back inside. Jiho had claimed his room as theirs tonight, and no one was allowed to even go near it. Not that anyone dared to anyway. So he and Kyung made their way upstairs, walking past the now group of three still playing twister, Yukwon and Minhyuk having disappeared to God knows where.

 

Both of them was too tired to wash up and Kyung went first to lie down on Jiho's rather big bed,

 

"Drink some more water," Kyung insisted.

 

Jiho pulled his shirt and jeans off, "Drink water yourself,"

 

Kyung sighed, "Fine," he took two gulps before he took of his sweatpants as well, but leaving his shirt on. Exposing his body had never been one of Kyung's favorite things to do.

 

Jiho joined him on the bed and tucked the fluffy cover over them. They made eyecontact as they laid facing each other, just looking.

 

Just looking, before Jiho leaned forward and kissed him.


________________________________________________________________________________


Thank you everyone who are reading this really <3 I'm so thankful and happy that you like my story!
It's close to the end now.. hehe Right now I don't think it will end at 33 chapters, maybe 34?
I hope you all are fine and that you celebrated Block B's 10th anniversary in the best way possible :D