Chapter 5

Left behind

A/N: Thank you for all the wonderful comments♥ you guys are awesome omg~

- - - - - - -

Taeil turned up the volume on his ipod as he rode down the streets on his bicycle the next morning. Every Tuesday and Thursday mornings he delivered the morning papers in the neighbourhoods around his own. It wasn't a well-paid job, but being up and outside that early in the morning gave him a comfortable feeling, giving room for his thoughts to wander around freely.

 

Today though, his mind wouldn't shut up about Jihoon. He thought back on what had happened yesterday, what he had said to the boy, and the look he had given him.

 

Taeil sighed.

 

He wanted, in the end, to meet him again to apologize, but also not, since he should be happy that he finally left.

 

He also hated the disappointment that built up within him when Jihoon didn't show up at the café that day. Of course he shouldn't show up after what he had said to him, was he stupid? Had he wanted Jihoon to come anyway? In some way.. he had expected him too.

 

"Hey, Jihoon's here," Jaehyo nudged his shoulder.

 

Taeil looked up, searching frantically for the boy.

 

Jaehyo doubled over in laughter, "Oh my god, you're totally waiting for him to come!"

 

Taeil glared at his friend, "I'm not!"

 

"Then why did you tense up and looked all excited when I said he was here?"

 

"I ing didn't,"

 

How could this be so embarassing?

 

 

 

Two weeks later his life was back to normal. It would be weird to say that he missed having Jihoon stalking him, but it some way that was exactly what he was feeling. Maybe having someone paying that much attention to you after such a long time, took forward some fake annoying feelings.

 

It's like when you find a new friend you match perfectly with, and all your happy feelings kind of confuses you to the point of sometimes getting butterflies around said friend. Because of that, you start thinking about maybe having a crush on that person, but no, it's just your happiness overflowing about the fact that you found someone you really like to hang out with.

 

Maybe this was that kind of feeling? Since someone liked him and wasn't afraid to show it, poured himself all over him, even though Taeil didn't possess the same feelings back. Just having Jihoon there all the time, expecting him to be there - but now he's not, would that turn into missing the person? Or?

 

" it, I'm going crazy!"

 

 

 

Another week later, just after finish his shift at the shop, he was stopped in his tracks by seeing Jihoon's friend standing by the wall. While their gazes met Taeil felt that horrible anxiety build up because he knew he was there to meet him.

 

Jihoon's friend walked up to him with a serious face, "Hi, you remember me right? I'm Jiho, Jihoon's friend."

 

Taeil nodded.

 

"Can we go talk for a sec?" Jiho asked, pointing at the park across the street.

 

"Sure..." Taeil, unsure of what would come, followed Jiho awkwardly. It felt like back during school days when you had broken some stupid rule and got taken to the headmasters.

 

Is he going to yell at me for dumping his friend?

 

When they reached the park, Jiho sat down on a bench and moved for Taeil to sit beside him. A few silent seconds went by before Jiho finally opened his mouth.

 

"Ok, this is pretty damn awkward," the taller laughed, "but I just wanted to ask if you're gay or not?"

 

Taeil stared at him, mouth sightly open.

 

"Judging by that look, I guess you're not,"

 

Still staring at him, Taeil coughed, "Why are you asking?"

 

"Well, we actually thought you were gay.. Sorry."

 

"Do I look gay to you?"

 

"Well you, kind of, have the vibe?"

 

Taeil frowned, "The v-"

 

"Don't be a hater."

 

"I'm not actua-"

 

"Anyway, Jihoon is gay, as you probably already figured out, and is still talking about you all the damn time, even though you threw him away like that."

 

Taeil felt a tingly feeling inside his stomach hearing Jiho's words.

 

Jiho studied him and continued, "Even though I think you should've said it in a better way, I still understand your feelings. I'm straight too, and if I was in your position I would feel kind of scared or awkward too," he paused, "But, are you really sure you don't feel anything at all towards Jihoon?"

 

Taeil met the others eyes, but not saying anything.

 

Jiho smiled, "I mean, me and Kyung wants to help him forget about you and are planning to go out with some friends this weekend," he started, "You know, to make him think about something else, maybe getting him some- well, you know."

 

Taeil raised an eyebrow, "Help him get laid?"

 

Jiho giggled, "Well yes, that usually get people thinking about something else."

 

Taeil snorted, looking away, "Is he even legal?"

 

"What?" Jiho asked.

 

Taeil shook his head, the thought of Jihoon having kind of disturbed him, and the more it sunk into his head, the more of a strange angry feeling he got about it. Wasn't he the one Jihoon couldn't stop thinking about, so why would he have with others? Also, wasn't he too young to have ? He looked way too-

 

"Hello?" Jiho poked his arm, "What are you thinking about?"

 

Taeil shrugged, "Nothing."

 

Jiho smirked and continued, "So, I'm just going to ask you if you want to come with us. Have some fun and get to know us all, don't have to be a start of a relationship, since you're straight, but like a friendship? You get it?"

 

"..."

 

"Because if you don't feel anything towards him, then you should just try and be friends and just hang out. Having fun once in a while won't hurt you. We can even try and get you a girl too!" Jiho winked.

 

Taeil sighed, having no idea what to do or how to handle this whole situation. A part of him wanted to go, but if he went, wasn't that just proving he was interested, even though they promised only a "friendly"-hangout? But the thought of going on a trip again after so many years kind of made him excited.

 

You don't even know them! he screamed to himself inside his head.

 

"Come on! It's going to be fun!" Jiho wiggled in his seat, acting cute.

 

Taeil wrinkled his nose at the other's actions, "I dont know,"

 

"We can pick you up at Ichon station on Saturday. We'll drive to a friend's house in Suwon to have some barbeque, then go out to some random club downtown to get wasted," Jiho beamed.

 

"Are you even 20 yet?"

 

"Come on, I bet we're not that much younger than you are. You even look younger than most of us," Jiho laughed.

 

Taeil rolled his eyes.

 

"So yeah, Ichon station at 4pm on Saturday then!" Jiho threw him thumbs up, and stood up.

 

"Wait, I didn't agree to anything yet!" Taeil protested.

 

"Well, seeing you debating in your head about what to do, and not saying no in the beginning, I feel that you wanted to,"

 

Taeil stood up, about to complain, but Jiho waved at him and walked away.

 

He groaned, what had he gotten himself into? He hated being around new people, and since usually he was so tired overall he tended to just hate everyone overall. But maybe it was going to be fun?

 

Who was he kidding?

 

"I'll just stay at home," he sighed to himself and walked to the station, taking the subway home.