Chapter 20

Left behind

Jihoon was giggling to himself beside Jiho and Kyung who was in the middle of a discussion he couln't care less about. The school cafeteria was always lively and loud during lunchtime, but Jihoon couldn't hear them at all, totally emerged in his own dreamland.

 

"Yah, snap out of it already," Jiho muttered, "It creeps me out, seeing you all dazed with that stupid smile on your face."

 

Jihoon just smiled up to his friend.

 

"Something happened with Taeil, didn't it?" Kyung asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

Jihoon nodded.

 

"Well? Spill it!"

 

"He opened up to me," Jihoon answered, another giggle escaping his mouth, "and his smiling face is too cute!"

 

Kyung rolled his eyes, "Can't you have a normal crush without acting like a 13 year old girl obsessing over an idol?"

 

"Says the one who acts all greasy and thinks everyone's in love with him," Jiho sighed, "Good thing he finally opened up to you, Jihoon-ah."

 

Jihoon grinned, "Thanks hyung."

 

Kyung glared at Jiho, "I'm not greasy."

 

"Try to convince yourself that,"

 

"I'm not!"

 

"Do you know you get even more greasy when you're drunk?" Jihoon asked, "Like when you Jiho-hyung's face just because you thought he looked pretty."

 

"No! That was for, you know-"

 

"Because you wanted to?" Jihoon pushed.

 

Kyung slammed his hands against the table, "NO! s sake, kids can't take jokes!"

 

"Can we please not talk about that incident?" Jiho said sharply and put his book down, "I'm trying to erase it from my life, so don't bring it up. Ever."

 

Jihoon laughed and Kyung looked at his best friend, "Was it that disgusting?"

 

Jiho met the other's eyes, "Well, would you like someone  your face?"

 

Jihoon laughed and Kyung snorted, "Well I have class, bye idiots."

 

The two waved and Jihoon scooted closer to the other, "Hyung?"

 

"Mm?"

 

"Does Kyung like you?"

 

Jiho furrowed his brows, "What are you on about?"

 

Jihoon shrugged, "I don't know, just thought I sensed something, but never mind."

 

"Wait, what do you mean by sensing something?"

 

Jihoon laughed, "The way he looks at you."

 

"Are you seriously consindering Kyung, our friend who loves women, having a crush on me?"

 

"Well, you never know. Things can change, you know."

 

Jiho looked at the younger with a puzzled gaze.

 

Jihoon smiled, "Forget what I said, hyung. I just wondered in case he had told you something. I'm going to take some more coffee, then it's time for our class right?"

 

Jiho nodded and stood up to collect his things, "Kyung liking me?" he muttered, "Bull," he rolled his eyes and walked over to Jihoon, heading to class.

 

-

 

Jaehyo eyed his workmate suspiciously, "Seriously, stop smiling. It doesn't suit you."

 

Taeil raised an eyebrow and smiled even bigger, just to .

 

Jaehyo shivered, "Terrifying!"

 

"I am terrifying."

 

"Very..," the taller rolled his eyes, "It's just unusual seeing you like this. You look like a ing psycho who just got released from prison," he dodged the hit Taeil aimed for his shoulder, "Stop ing hitting me!"

 

"Don't try to say you don't deserve it, because you do."

 

Jaehyo shrugged, "Going good with your boyfriend I presume?"

 

Taeil nodded.

 

Jaehyo smiled, "So he is your boyfriend now?"

 

"Yes," Taeil said with judging eyes as Jaehyo smirked at him.

 

"Well congrats on finally accepting yourself."

 

"What?"

 

Jaehyo sighed, "Never thought you'd turn out to be gay," he put a comforting hand the shorter's shoulder and went out to the lounge to clear some tables.

 

"Accepting myself?" Taeil frowned, "Accepting what?"

 

-

 

Jiho stood in the hall, swearing loudly at the stupid level in Candy Crush he'd been stuck on for ages. He'd promised Kyung to grab some food when school ended, and was now waiting for him to end his acting lesson.

 

"ing stupid piece of !!" he hissed just as Kyung got out of the classroom.

 

"Playing Candy Crush again are we?"

 

Jiho looked up, "Yeah, but I'm about to give up,"

 

"You should've given up months ago,"

 

"Probably," Jiho said, turning off the game and put the phone inside his back pocket, "So what do you want to eat?"

 

"Galbitang?"

 

Jiho lit up, "Let's go!"

 

They walked the way to their favorite place. Jiho had lost count on how many times they'd been eating at this place, the owner even called them by their first names. They were the owner's wife's favorite guests, especially Kyung with his cheesy lines and smiles, which was a good thing since they got discount every single time.

 

They got their food quickly and Kyung winked to the wife, who giggled in return, wishing them a good meal time.

 

They began sweeping down the food immediately, slurping & chewing, sharing recent news and rumours here and there - and the food was gone within ten minutes.

 

Jiho eyed his friend for a moment, "Hey, Kyung?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Funny thing, but Jihoon asked me something today," he began, shifting on his chair.

 

Kyung looked at him, "Ok?"

 

"Yeah, um, it's quite awkward but he asked me if," Jiho paused.

 

"Yes?"

 

"He asked me if you liked me?"

 

Kyung's facial expression didn't change, "Of course I do, we're best friends?"

 

Jiho sighed, "More than just a friend, Kyung."

 

"Oh," he said simply, "Why did he ask that?"

 

"I don't know? He said he had sensed something,"

 

Kyung gave him a faint smile but stayed silent.

 

Jiho's eyes widened, "Kyung, are you? I mean, is it-"

 

"I'm not in love with you, Jiho," Kyung answered, "But yeah, I guess our maknae did sense something in some way,"

 

"W-what do you mean?"

 

Kyung met his eyes, "Well, I kind of blushed when we kissed at the party, though no one actually saw it because I was already red from the alcohol," a laugh left his mouth, "I was so damn embarrassed but your lips felt kinda nice you know?"

 

Jiho stared at him with an open mouth, unable to find words.

 

Kyung continued, "I don't think it's a crush. But maybe I'm... slightly interested?"

 

A shock hit Jiho and the look in Kyung's eyes told him he himself hadn't expected to be revealing this any time soon. But it wasn't a confession, right? Or?

 

"Um, ok," Jiho scratched his eyebrow, "Can I ask you some questions then?"

 

"Sure,"

 

"And answer thruthfully,"

 

Kyung sighed, "Yeees."

 

Jiho nodded and took a deep breath, "Do you have any urge at all to kiss me again?"

 

Kyung snorted, "Jiho that's-"

 

Jiho gave him an angry point of finger, "You said to answer,"

 

The smaller regretted agreeing on this, regretted going out to eat at all and put his head into his hands on the table, "Sometimes," he muttered into his hands, "When you look sleepy or when you're dazing out thinking about something,"

 

Jiho gaped, "What the ?"

 

"Well you asked!" Kyung protested.

 

"Ok ok, sorry! Another thing then," Jiho looked at Kyung's hidden face, "What about ? Are you thinking about hav-?"

 

"No Jiho," Kyung mumbled and raised his head, "I'm not thinking about you,"

 

"That's not what I asked."

 

"It's the same thing!" Kyung said, "Look, I may want to kiss you again, but that will probably only happen once we're drunk. Wanting to kiss you also doesn't mean I want your pounding in and out my ."

 

Jiho choked on his own spit and coughed, "WHY do you always go one step too far?!"

 

Kyung shrugged, "Well, that's gay you know."

 

"I know," Jiho said and slowly raised an eyebrow, "Wait. You're a bottom?"

 

Kyung glared at him, and Jiho started laughing like a maniac, "Oh my god!"

 

"I'm leaving," Kyung sighed and stood up to walk away.

 

Jiho tried to get his breathing under control, but was still grinning like crazy, "Aw, sorry. Don't leave me dear boyfriend!"

 

"SHUT UP!"

--------------------------

A/N: Awful lot of ZiKyung here haha couldn't help myself~
I love you all like always for reading and subscribing~♥ really