Chapter 7

Left behind

"Hasn't Jihoon's favorite been to the toilet for too long now?" Minhyuk said as he flipped the hamburgers on the grill.

 

"I started to think it was too long ten minutes ago," Jihoon muttered, looking towards the window of the bathroom.

 

"Go and check on him then," Jiho said, "Maybe he ran away?"

 

Some of them let out a laugh, Jihoon glared at his friend.

 

"No hard feelings but he seems pretty wierd," Minhyuk said, shrugging his shoulders, "I thought you meant you would bring along a friend, as in -known for a long time- friend, when you asked me. But then you bring along a guy you pretty much doesn't know at all?"

 

"We brought him for Jihoon, so he could get to know him better," Kyung said.

 

Jihoon pointed a finger at the elder, "You said we should bring him, because you thought he seemed like a nice guy! It was not my decision!"

 

"Of course we do, we don't mind him being here and you know that," Jiho said, "But don't you think he's acting all strange as well?"

 

"Wouldn't you be awkward with people you don't know?" Jihoon answered, "I just think it's, I don't know, difficult for him."

 

"What would be difficult?" Minhyuk sighed, "We're like the easiest and most open-minded people to get along with, seriously,"

 

"I don't think it's about things like that," Yukwon interrupted, "Let it take time. If he like our company, he will show it soon enough,"

 

Jihoon looked at him, "We shouldn't have brought him here in the first place." The others met his eyes thoughtfully, and Jihoon turned to look for the boy.

 

Once he reached the bathroom door he hesitated, walking as discreet as possible, quietly leaning against the door, listening carefully for any sound coming from inside.

 

He was just about to knock when the door opened and Taeil stepped out, "!" he screamed, "You scared me!"

 

Jihoon was startled as well, "S-sorry! Just got here to check if you were ok,"

 

Jihoon eyed the older boy, and Taeil avoided his gaze.

 

"So, are you ok? You've been gone for 20 minutes.."

 

Taeil put on his best fake smile, "Yeah sorry, just needed to poo!"

 

Jihoon looked at him in disbelief for a second, not buying it at all, "I can understand if it's uncomfortable for you being here-"

 

"It's not!" Taeil said, smiling again, "Let's go out and eat."

 

Jihoon looked at the other as he walked pass him towards the door, something had clearly happened. He knew a fake smile when he saw one, he wasn't stupid. He hurried after him and reached out to grab the shorter's arm. Taeil turned around in surprise, and Jihoon could clearly see the slight pink hue that was patted around the other's eyes, the slight damp eyelashes. Obvious traces left by tears.

 

They looked at each other in silence, Jihoon wanting nothing else than for Taeil to explain what as wrong, what the source behind the tears were, because he saw the pain and felt guilty for maybe, probably, being the cause for it.

 

"Why have you been crying?" Jihoon asked quietly.

 

... Is it that obvious?

 

"What? No." Taeil said and pulled his arm away from the other's grip, "Why should I?"

 

Jihoon looked at him in concern, "That's my question. Why? If you want you can talk to me if-"

 

Taeil sighed, "I said I didn't,"

 

"But-"

 

"Please Jihoon!" Taeil raised his voice, "Can't you just be satisfied and go with the flow and accept the fact that I don't want to talk about my feelings with you?"

 

Jihoon's eyes switched to the same defeated gaze they had done that time in the café. Guilt hit Taeil's stomach again.

 

Taeil drew his hand through his hair, " I'm sorry," he groaned, "I didn't mean to say that and-"

 

"It's ok," Jihoon smiled, "You don't need to explain. It can wait."

 

Taeil looked at him.

 

"Hungry?"

 

Taeil nodded.

 

"Good," Jihoon said and gave him a look of warmth and understanding, "Let's go out and eat!"

 

When their eyes met, Taeil felt this tingling feeling reaching his heart. What the..?

 

Jihoon bent down, looking at him more closely, "What is it? You look frightened,"

 

Taeil pushed him away, "Too close," he said quietly.

 

"Ah, haha!" Jihoon scratched his head, "Sorry. Come on, let's go out to the others."

 

 

The rest of the night went on better than before, no one asked unnecessary questions and after a few beers, and a great barbeque, Taeil was actually enjoying himself. He wasn't forced to talk and the group of friends were pretty easy to hang out with. Jihoon, Kyung and Jiho were all very talkactive and laughed loud and often, while Minhyuk was more laid-back though still talked a lot, Yukwon really just smiled and didn't bother talking much. Yukwon was clearly more of a listerner, and since Taeil didn't talk much either, he and Yukwon ended up talking quite a lot while the othes were fooling around.

 

Their conversations went all from animals to random movies they found out both of them loved, Yukwon also asked about his work and what kind of dreams and future goals he had. Taeil answered gladly, much to his own surprise, talked about his dream of opening an aquarium with all kinds of different fishes, sharks and make amazing environments with all the beautiful corals and submerged plants.

 

"Wow, that's amazing. I'll help you if you want!" Yukwon said, smiling brightly.

 

Taeil smiled back, "That would be great."

 

They giggled before Yukwon suddenly got jumped by a fairly drunk Minhyuk.

 

"Baby~ Don't talk to him, talk to me~" the drunk boyfriend whined, placing a kiss to Yukwon's neck.

 

"I can't talk with you while you're my neck," Yukwon laughed, lurking himself out from the other's embrace, "How did you get so drunk anyway, weren't you supposed to drive us to Hongdae?"

 

"Naah, we decided to just stay here and party! Houseparty~! Your family is away anyways."

 

Taeil nearly choked on his beer. Are we going to sleep here?!

 

Yukwon pouted, "Without asking us? What if I wanted to dance tonight?"

 

Minhyuk gave him a smirk, "You can dance on me, baby,"

 

Yukwon rolled his eyes and slapped him lightly, earning a devilish grin from the other.

 

"Seriously though, what did you drink?"

 

"Kyung brought vodka!"

 

Both Taeil and Yukwon turned to look at the others who sat in a circle on the grass, laughing, pouring up some vodka with soda.

 

"You guys want too?!" Jiho shouted at them, and Yukwon happily dragged Taeil with him.

 

"Yah!" Minhyuk shouted, "You're supposed to take my hand, not Taeil's?!"

 

They joined the group on the ground and Kyung mixed a drink and gave it to Taeil.

 

"How much can you take? Strong drinker?" he asked.

 

Taeil nodded, "I can handle a lot."

 

Of course he could handle a lot, he'd been drowning his feelings in alcohol for far too long.

 

Kyung smiled, "Then give that one to Yukwon and I'll make a stronger one for you!"

 

Taeil smiled and did as he was told.

 

"Good boy," Jiho said, "The stronger it is, the better taste."

 

"Oh yeah," Taeil agreed and took the new vodka mix Kyung offered him.

 

 

One hour later, they were all feeling the alcohol getting to their heads, some more than others, and was in the middle of playing random drinking games. Kyung lost almost everytime, which resulting in the most drinks to swipe, much to Jiho's delight. The alcohol also helped Taeil open up, and he found himself laughing along the others with a big smile.

 

"!" Jiho screamed when the dice flipped to 6, which translated in him having to one-shot his drink, which was unfortunately filled to the top.

 

Another 40 minutes down, and the pure drunkenness hit all of them.
Minhyuk and Yukwon was lying down, full display on the ground, half of their clothes thrown away, making out with each other rather aggressively. Taeil looked at them in awe, sitting maybe a little bit too close for comfort, but they didn't even seem to notice him, too engrossed with each other.

 

"Taeil, you better get out of there before they start going further!" Kyung shouted at him.

 

Taeil shot his head up and giggled, crawling away from the couple.

 

"Hot together, aren't they?" Kyung nudged his shoulder as he reached them.

 

Taeil laughed, "Well,"

 

"By the way you looked at them, you'd think you like it!" Jiho lauged.

 

Taeil blushed, "No! It's just something I've never really seen so-"

 

"Excuses," Kyung waved his hand is disagreement.

 

Taeil hit the other boy's arm, cursing, just as a loud moan cut the air. All of them turned around, surprised to see Minhyuk hovering over Yukwon, mouths connected in a heated kiss, both their jeans dragged down, hands down jerking each other off.

 

"AAAH MY EYES!!" Jiho screamed, hurling himself into Kyung's lap.

 

Kyung and Jihoon shrieked of laughter, "Get the  inside!!"

 

The couple heaved themselves up, both giggling like 13-year old girls, pulling up their pants in the progress, walking into the house. Jiho cursed after them, "I can sue you for having in public in front of unwilling audience!!" In which he received the middle finger from Minhyuk.

 

Jihoon took the opportunity to scoot closer to Taeil , "Your cheeks are all red from the alcohol, so cute!" he poked the others' cheek, babying him.

 

Taeil laughed, "You're red too!"

 

Wow, he's actually good looking, Taeil thought as he studied Jihoon's face up so close.

 

I wonder how it feels.. like to do those things Yukwon just..did? He reached out to touch Jihoon's lips, not noticing the youngers' sharp inhale right under his touch.

 

Taeil leaned in, faces just inches apart, but then realized what he was about to do and pushed the other away, standing up.

 

", I'm sorry! What the am I doing?!"

 

Kyung and Jiho, who'd been staring at the two in silence, praying for something to happen, chuckled, "The alcohol is getting to you," Kyung smirked.

 

He looked down and saw Jihoon staring up at him.

, he's really good-looking.

 

He shook the thought away, "I'm just going to get a glass of water," he said and went in for the kitchen.

 

As he stood by the refrigerator, drinking from his water bottle, he heard the faint sound from upstairs. Slight movements from the bed and moans.. loud moans. Are they seriously having ?

 

The sounds affected him in ways he didn't want to, "..." he sighed to himself and leaned, face forward, against the wall.

 

The world was spinning and to top it all, he was getting , Great...

 

"Are you asleep?"

 

Jihoon's voice startled Taeil and he stumbled backwards. Jihoon giggled at his cute act, drinking up the last soju in his bottle, putting it on the sink beside Taeil.

 

"You scared me," Taeil said, letting out a breath.

 

"I'm sorry," the other smiled.

 

Another loud moan, followed by a groan was heard from upstairs again and Jihoon burst out laughing. "Maybe we should go out again? Isn't in uncomfortable to hear this?"

 

Taeil faked a laugh, he was embarrassed. He liked the sound, it turned him on, but how could he say that? Giving an answer like 'No, I like the sound of two guys having , it makes me ', wasn't really the image he wanted to give the other.

 

"Jihoon?" he started instead.

 

"Hm?"

 

"Um..." I'm an idiot, "How does it, you know, feel like?"

 

"What do you mean?" Jihoon asked, taking a step closer all while Taeil backed further away.

 

"Um, you know, w-with another guy?" Taeil wanted to die.

 

"Oh! Well, I've never been with a girl so I don't really know the difference," the younger laughed.

 

"So you've had with a guy before?" Taeil asked, desperately wanting the answer to the question.

 

Jihoon hesitated before answering, "I've been with guys, but I've not gone the whole way."

 

Taeil nodded, feeling a smile creep up his face Why did he feel happy?

 

"Oh, I see," he avoided meeting Jihoon's eyes and he felt the other walking even closer to him yet again.

 

"Why are you asking?" the younger said, quite seriously.

 

Taeil laughed, "I don't know!" shifting his body uncomfortably, "Hearing them, being drunk, just gets the mind going you know."

 

Jihoon was suddenly very close, and Taeil knew he needed to get away from the other, "Um, should we go out ag-"

 

"Do you want to try?"

 

Jihoon's words, cutting him out mid-sentence, got him staring at the other boy.

 

When Taeil didn't answer, Jihoon tried again, now laid forward in a whisper, "Do you want me to kiss you?"

 

"..."

 

"Because I really want to kiss you."

 

Oh damn.
Taeil didn't felt panic grace his heart, cheeks flushing like crazy. His brain was fuzzy from the alcohol and they were so, so close, noses about to touch.

 

Jihoon leaned in the last centimeter and gave him a soft kiss, a small peck, before pulling away.

 

Taeil stared at the blonde boy, that strange feeling he'd had in his stomach before was now overwhelming his whole body, and without thinking he took hold of Jihoon's t-shirt.

 

"One more time," he whispered and Jihoon looked at him carefully before leaning in once again, kissing the other full on the lips. And this time Taeil kissed back, pulling himself closer to the other.




---------

A/N: A longer chapter yay~ I'm always making people drunk in my fics, dunno why lol. Hugs♥