Chapter 14

Left behind

The food turned out more delicious than both of them had hoped for and they ate in happiness, talking about random things in between the bites. Even though they had a great time, Taeil felt that Jihoon didn't plan to leave any time soon, and it started to creep up in his nerves, making him more and more nervous. Does he plan on sleeping over? Taeil's bed was small, meant for one person and one person only.

 

How the do you ask someone about when they're planning to leave? Without them thinking you just want to throw them out? In some way having Jihoon over for the night made Taeil excited, but it was too early for sleep overs at his home. He knew that if Jihoon stayed, something would happen and he didn't know if it would turn out to be a good or a bad thing.

 

"What are you thinking about?" Jihoon asked him, looking concerned, "You're dazing off."

 

Taeil cleared his throat, "It's nothing."

 

"You want me to leave?"

 

"What, n-no!" Taeil waved his hands in denial.

 

"I can go home," Jihoon smiled to him, "It's ok, haha, I'm already intruding enough."

 

Taeil feel uncomfortable, nervous, angry, sad and everything at the same time and he hated it. He felt misunderstood, yet got the feeling Jihoon understood the hidded thoughts,

 

"Jihoon..."

 

The younger grabbed his wrist, it slightly, "Look, I don't want to push yourself further than you want to, and I wasn't planning on sleeping here tonight," he said, "I'm just very happy I got to see your apartment, and I hope I can come and visit you often! I don't want you to feel alone."

 

Taeil still felt it, that stupid feeling, "I'm sorry Jihoon,"

 

"Don't be! I'm not sad!" he laughed, pulling the other into a hug.

 

Taeil smiled, letting the warm body engulf him, "And of course you can come and visit, just give me a warning ahead."

 

Jihoon nodded, kissing the smaller's head.

 

Taeil closed his eyes as he grabbed fistfulls of Jihoon's darkblue sweater, hugging the other closer.

 

"But," Jihoon giggled, "If you keep on holding me like this I might not be able to go,"

 

Taeil snorted, "Sorry,"

 

Jihoon beamed at him as he let go, reaching forward to grab the other's face, giving Taeil a soft kiss.

 

Taeil's heart skipped as he felt his face flush, much to his own embarrassment. He tiptoed, pulling his hands up to hook them around Jihoon's neck, kissing him back.

 

They soon lost themselves into the kiss, letting their tongues slide gently against each other. Taeil groaned when his body started to react to the touch, and he started to crave more, clinging onto the younger. Jihoon responded without a second thought and grabbed Taeil's hips, pressing him against himself, hands moving to Taeil's lower back. Taeil squirmed, moving into the touch, stumbling slightly.

 

Jihoon moaned and broke the kiss, "," he said, face flushed, "We better stop."

 

Taeil took a deep breath, trying to calm his speeding heart, and nodded, "Y-yeah..,"

 

"I- I better go," Jihoon said, running a hand through his bangs, "Thanks for the dinner!"

 

Taeil let out the breath, "No problem,"

 

Jihoon smiled and pinched the other's cheek, earning the cutest pout he'd ever seen in return, "See you!"

 

Taeil nodded and waved the boy goodbye as he went out of the door, closing it slowly after himself.

 

"," he sighed after Jihoon left, "Why am I getting so ?"

 

 

---

 

 

Taeil felt unusually neutral, only slightly tilting over the edge of happiness, the next day on his way to work. The feeling was unfamiliar to him, having spent so many years in misery made him forget what the heart was actually capable of feeling. Just feeling something overall, something else than the heavy pressing of the invisible black rock he'd been under for the past years.

 

"Hi!" he greeted as he entered the café, surprised eyes looking his way before greeting him back.

 

Taeil didn't notice it though and went to his locker to change, saying hello to Jaehyo standing by the counter on his way. When he returned to join Jaehyo, the other leaned forward and placed a hand on his forehead.

 

"Are you sick or something?"

 

Taeil stepped back, pushing the other's hand away, "No, why?"

 

Jaehyo frowned, "You greeted us with a smile?"

 

"... So?"

 

"Well, if you haven't noticed you never say hi when you get here," he said folding his arms, "And a smile is out of question,"

 

Taeil sighed, "So if I do, I must be sick? Am I not allowed to greet the people I work with?"

 

Jaehyo squinted his eyes, "Did you get laid or someting?"

 

"No?"

 

"Denying it I see," Jaehyo teased, "I can totally see on you that something good has happened,"

 

Taeil rolled his eyes, "Whatever,"

 

"So the weekend was fun?"

 

Taeil shrugged, not really wanting to share the story with his workmate.

 

Jaehyo giggled, nudging his shoulder, "Congrats dude!"

 

Taeil glared up at him, "I really wished I could punch you in the face,"

 

"But you can't do that you see, since we are in a very public place," he stuck his tongue out, walking away to serve a customer her camomile tea.

 

ing idiot... Taeil muttered and took the order of the giggling girls that were waiting in line.

 

 

30 minutes into his shift he got a text from Yukwon;

 

Hey, how are you feeling?
I'm coming back to Seoul today to meet up with Minhyuk^^
We thought about going to your work for coffee! When are you free?
Shall I bring Jihoonie? ㅋㅋ

 

Taeil didn't remember when or where he gave his number to Yukwon, problably when drunk.. But he smiled at the screen and texted back;

 

Of course you can come, I get off at 4 today.
Oh, it doesn't matter.. ^^

 

The sudden thought of Jihoon maybe coming made him nervous and he bit his lip.

 

"Seriously..."

 

Taeil's head snapped back, glaring up at a smirking Jaehyo, "Seeing you happy is almost frightening, mister always gloomy Lee Taeil."

 

"Shut up,"

 

*pling*

 

Yukwon had answered;

 

I'll bring Jihoon for sure~ ;D

 

Taeil's heart jolted.

 

 

Nearly two hours went by, painfully slow and filled with nervousness, before the door opened and Yukwon entered wearing his toothy smile, followed by Minhyuk and Jihoon, just as happy.

 

"Hi!" The three of them waved, and Taeil smiled awkwardly back at them, unsure of what to do now when they were finally there.

 

Jihoon almost skipped to the counter, "Hi cutie~"

 

"You can't call him that here Jihoon-ah," Minhyuk sighed, "Hi Taeil."

 

Taeil pointed to their menu, "You want anything?"

 

"Me and Minhyuk want regular black coffe. Brewed, if you have any good blends," Yukwon said, "What about you Jihoon?"

 

Jihoon only had eyes for Taeil, much to the olders embarrassment, and shrugged his shoulders, "Doesn't matter, something sweet."

 

Yukwon laughed, "Please stop staring at him like that." All of them laughed and Jihoon pouted.

 

Taeil felt someone tapp him on his shoulder and turned around to see Jaehyo, standing there with a knowing look on his face, "New friends?" he asked with a smirk.

 

Taeil huffed, "Yes,"

 

The smirk turned into a kind smile as he went forward and offered his hand, "Nice to meet you, I'm Ahn Jaehyo,"

 

The three said hello and introduced themselves, before they went to sit down at a free table close to the counter.

 

"I thought you hated this stalker of yours," Jaehyo winked and stifled a giggle, earning yet another glare from his coworker.

 

"You're not allowed to change your mind?"

 

"Of course! But go from hating a person to being in love with said person is kind of unusual. Did he pull a Stockholm syn-"

 

"Who said I was in love with him?"

 

"Haha! Please, I'm not blind! You're ing blushing."

 

"Shut up and do their damn coffee,"

 

"Alright alright," Jaehyo chuckled, "I'll stop."

 

"Thank you," Taeil sighed and started to do a caramel latte to Jihoon.

 

"Congrats to your happiness," Jaehyo whispered into the smallers ear, and Taeil was pretty damn close to throwing the steamed milk at his stupid face.

 

 

"Woah, I love him in his working clothes!" Jihoon beamed, "He's so cute!"

 

Minhyuk looked at him, one eyebrow raised, shaking his head, "Calm down, people might think you have a uniform or sometihing."

 

"Let him worship him," Yukwon said, patting his boyfriend's head, "You're just like him sometimes as well, so don't you dare ,"

 

Minhyuk shot him a glare, "I'm not!"

 

Yukwon only winked as an answer and Jihoon smirked, "Everytime you're drunk Minhyuk-hyung."

 

Minhyuk waved them off, spotting Taeil walking towards them, "Shut up, our coffee is coming."

 

Taeil smiled at his friends and gave Yukwon and Minhyuk their coffee first, before handing Jihoon his, "It's a caramel latte," he explained, "Sweet as you wanted."

 

Jihoon took the cup with delight, "Wow, thank you!" Just as the words left his mouth, he spotted the little chocolate-heart Taeil had made in kakao on top of the light cream and Jihoon literally let out a squeal.

 

Yukwon burst out laughing at Jihoons reaction, while Taeil started to regret doing it.

 

"It's so pretty!!" Jihoon squealed loudly, eyes shining.

 

Taeil smiled back at him, trying to hide his face just as Jihoon got up to pull him into a hug.

 

"If we were at another place, I would've kiss you right now," he whispered, breath lingering on Taeil's neck, sending a shiver down his spine, "Or maybe something more if you wanted to."

 

Taeil looked at him as the younger once again sat down. He wanted more, of course he wanted more, he's a guy. Taeil swallowed when Jihoon met his eyes, smiling gently to him. Stop looking at me like that, like you're so innocent?! Taeil screamed in his head, trying to wipe away the memory of what happened a few nights ago in Yukwon's house. He couldn't stop looking at him though as bit his lip once again.

 

"Can you two stop having eye- right in front of us, thank you," Minhyuk complained and Taeil snapped out of it immediately, coughing, turning to walk back to the counter.

 

Jihoon pouted after him, "Why do you always make him walk away?" he complained, "Hyung~ Why~"

 

Minhyuk sighed, "Acting cute won't work on me, and you know it."

 

Jihoon groaned.

 

"But," Yukwon said, "You haven't done anything yet, right?"

 

Jihoon didn't answer right away, thinking about what to say, "I don't know what to call it, actually."

 

"You did something more than kissing?"

 

Jihoon shrugged, taking a sip of his drink.

 

Yukwon smiled, "It's ok if you don't want to talk about it, I just want you to know that you should take it slow with him."

 

"I know," Jihoon answered, looking at Taeil's direction.

 

"I'm not saying you should wait forever though," Yukwon continued, "Since the actual penetration part is quite a huge thing."

 

"It is," Minhyuk agreed silently.

 

Jihoon nodded, "I know hyung. I've already promised myself, and him, that we won't do anything until we're both ready. Especially until he's ready."

 

"Good," Yukwon said and drank some of his coffee, "Don't hesitate coming to us for advice ok?"

 

Jihoon wiggled his brows, "Do I really want to know what you guys are doing to each other?"

 

"Maybe not, no," Minhyuk winked at him.

 

Yukwon rolled his eyes, "I'm serious though,"

 

"I know," Jihoon smiled, "And you know I'm grateful to you hyung."

 

 

As Taeil came back to the counter Jaehyo was a chuckling mess, "So, I guess you're gay now?"

 

This time Taeil actually did hit him - hard.




-----------------------

A/N: Omg, the story is getting long xD I thought about it just going to be around 10 but I still have lots of ideas left haha~
Thank you all for keeping on reading♥ And your comments really makes me happy!!