Part 9 - The Arrival

Ice Princess

Jina moved her hand over the side table, reaching for her alarm clock that was ringing annoyingly. She turned it off while glancing at it. 9AM. She searched for her phone that was under her pillow and checked the schedule. She gasped and immediately got up and headed for the bathroom.

She spent only half an hour getting ready and dressed up. She put on her tanktop, hotpants, and wore a loose baseball jacket over herself. She quickly took the new calf-length boots from her wardrobe, the new boots she bought with Hwayoung a few days ago. After getting all dressed, she looked at herself in the mirror. She brushed her hair that was half dry. She tied it up but let it down again since it was useless. Her messy hair was better untied.

She carried her car keys and walked to the garage. For a few seconds she was torn between driving on her own or just taking the taxi. She glanced at her wrist watch and decided to take the cab instead.

Fortunately the road wasn’t as crowded as usual. It only took her an hour to arrive at the airport. Jina went straight to the international arrival gate and wandered around to check the departure-arrival schedule board.

Just when she was searching for her father’s flight, her phone rang. She quickly dunked her hand into her bag and took her phone out.

“Yoboseyo?” Jina answered. “Appa?! I’m at the airport right now, have you arrived? Which gate?”

The airport was crowded, people were walking around and pass Jina. She stayed silent for a few minutes. Silently nodding to what her father was saying through the phone. She looked up at the ceiling to prevent her tears from falling.

“So you’re not coming?” Jina paused. “Okay. You could have at least told me earlier.”

“I purposely called you after you have arrived, Jina. Though I can’t come to see you, I have a present for you,” said Jina’s father.

Jina frowned. She moved her phone to her left ear. “What kind of present?”

Her father chuckled from over the phone. “Check the Japan flight schedule. Look who has arrived. Until now, I will call you later, Jina. Be a good girl.”

“Appa, wait..” Jina pouted and stared at her phone. “What is he talking about.”

She shifted her eyes to the schedule board again. The moment she saw the flight arrival from Japan, she checked the hour. The plane had just arrived. She had no idea what her father’s hint was.

Jina then walked towards the gate were the passengers from Japan are supposed to come out. She saw lots of businessmen carrying their luggage, some were Japanese, some were Korean. Some reminded her of her brother.

Just when she finally rang a bell, her face lightened up. A familiar figure was walking towards her. A tall, good looking guy, pulling his suitcase behind him. He caught Jina’s eye and waved at her.

“Oppa!” Jina smiled and her cheeks suddenly went wet due to her tears.

The guy stopped and stretched his arms open. Jina ran towards him and landed with a hug on him. He lifted Jina up and twirled her around but then stopped just after a few seconds.

“Wow you’ve grown a lot. And a lot heavier!”

Jina laughed while wiping her tears away. “What is this?”

Jina pointed at the name tag on the guy’s suit. Song Seungho.

Seungho glanced and took it off. “I didn’t realize it was still there. Oh maybe it’s so you can find me easier?” teased Seungho.

Jina gave a light punch on Seungho’s shoulder. He chuckled. “I missed you so much,” he said, ruffling Jina’s hair.

“Me too! Dad is kinda mean. He should have told me that you were coming instead of breaking my heart for a few minutes and surprising me that you’re the one that actually came.”

“Well that’s the point, right? To surprise you,” Seungho held his suitcase and swung his arm over Jina’s shoulders. “Hey...”

“What?” Jina looked at Seungho. Their face was this close.

“Remember what I told you about wearing revealing clothes? Your jeans are too short!” Seungho nagged while dragging Jina forward.

“Oppa, at least I am covering the rest with this baseball jacket. Besides, I wear even more revealing outfits when I skate!”

Seungho shook his head. “I can tolerate the outfits you wear during your games. I chose Siwan to be your designer anyway.”

Jina smiled. “It’s sweet how you still remember everything.”

“It’s not like I was gone for ages, right?”

“5 years is ages to me. Especially if you’re the one who’s gone. Do you know how lonely I felt?”

Seungho stopped to hug Jina. Jina buried her face in Seungho’s embrace. “I can’t promise to spend a long stay here, but I promise to accompany you anywhere you wanna go, anytime.”

Jina suddenly laughed. Seungho frowned and pulled away. “What’s so funny?”

“I saw people staring at us in these envious stares. They think we’re a couple.”

Seungho smiled. “My work partners also thought you were my girlfriend when they saw a picture of us. Don’t we look alike? Or do we look too perfect to be real, they think of us as a couple?”

Jina scoffed. “You and your major amount of confidence. Come on let’s go home, we should stop by a drive thru. I still don’t know how to cook.”

Seungho stared in disbelief. Jina replied with a laugh and just walked ahead.

~~~~~

“I can’t believe you’re making me cook lunch, Jina. I mean I just arrived from Japan. I’m supposed to lay on my bed taking a nap while waiting for lunch to be served!”

Jina came out of Seungho’s room while dusting off her hands. “Oh stop complaining, Oppa. You know you won’t live after eating my cooking so it’s okay to feel a bit tired, at least you can eat your own edible food.”

Seungho burst out laughing. “HAHAH yah, Song Jina. I left for years, you should have asked someone to teach you how to cook. Look at all the money you have gained by your own. You could even hire a professional chef to teach you.”

Jina smirked while sitting on the bar chair, calmly watching Seungho cook. “Speaking of chefs, there is this awesome resto with an awesome chef in the city center. He cooks great dishes, and I totally mean it. But he never shows his face. If I win another game I would pay him to make him teach me.”

“Really? Wow. What a mystery. Do his dishes taste better than mine?”

“Uhmm...” Jina tapped her chin. “Difficult question. His dishes taste extremely good but your dishes are somewhat different. Coz you cook yours with love.”

Seungho raised an eyebrow and looked at Jina. They both laughed. Jina felt her cheekbones were about to stuck and feel numb due to her amount of smiling and laughing that day. It was her happiest day ever since her brother and father left her alone for business.

After another round of chitchats, Seungho finally finished cooking. He served lunch on the table. They had a tasty meal and a fun talk, Jina ended up washing the dishes. She served both of them a hot cup of tea to settle their full tummies.

“Oh, by the way, there was this question I was dying to ask,” said Seungho. Jina took a sip of her tea while having her eyes on Seungho. “Do you have a boyfriend now?”

If it weren’t for the accurate time of Jina swallowing her drink, she would have choked or sprayed the whole table with tea from . Seungho raised an eyebrow. Jina cleared .

“No I have none. Why?”

Seungho sighed. For a moment the two of them stayed silent. Jina wandered in her thoughts and for a while, she suddenly thought of Jaehyo. She shook her head to get rid of her thoughts.

“That Jonghun jerk sure hit you really bad, huh?” asked Seungho. Jina waved her hand in disagreement.

“Why would you bring him up again? I am so over him already.”

Seungho nodded. “Or are you still waiting for that Busan boy to show up?”

Jina remained silent. She remembered clearly when she was 7 years old, when her mother was taken to the hospital and she was left alone at the runway location. A little boy noticed her and tried to comfort her. It happened ages ago and Jina somehow still wanted to find that boy.

“That’s impossible. I don’t know I don’t feel like having a relationship again.”

Seungho looked deep into Jina’s eyes. Jina awkwardly looked away. “You’re hiding something from me.”

“What? Nothing!”

Seungho had this sly smirk on his mouth. Jina rolled her eyes. “Not that face again.”

“Not until you tell me what’s actually going on.”

“Oppa, quit it.”

“Fine if you won’t trust me with your love issues.”

Jina slammed her hands on the table which shocked Seungho a bit. “It’s not a love issue! Fine I’ve been seeing this guy several times. It’s not that I plan to but I keep seeing him anyway. He randomly pops out wherever I go.”

“Ah, really?” Seungho looked interested and leaned forward. “Tell me more.”

“His name is Jaehyo,” Jina hesitated to speak. “He’s a reporter.”

Seungho nodded. “Go on.”

“There’s nothing else.”

Seungho smiled. “Fine. Even if you’re not telling me, I can still read your face and eyes. I hope I can meet this Jaehyo guy some time.”

“Psh! I shouldn’t have told you in the beginning,” Jina stood up and carried her empty cup to the sink. She then went straight to her bedroom.

Seungho chuckled. “She’s acting like the first time she met Jonghun. Except there’s something different now,” said Seungho to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a short update this time. expect another update soon!

in this part i'd like to introduce you guys to Seungho, Jina's older brother!

i used MBLAQ's Seungho as the character ^^

i hope you like this part! ♥ also welcome, new readers and subscribers :3