Part 18 - I'm Trusting You

Ice Princess

 

Jaehyo yawned and rubbed his eyes as he tried to get up. He stretched here and there and reached for his phone. He saw two messages. He quickly unlocked his phone.

From : Jina

Seungho oppa is leaving today. Hurry up, and head over here, I wanna see him leave! His flight is 11am.

Jaehyo glanced at the clock. It was 9am. He bolted up and reached for his towel. Before he entered his personal bathroom, he read the other message.

From : Jina

Btw thanks for tucking me in last night although my neck kinda have issues now. Wish you’d carry me inside. Hurry up and go shower!!!

Jaehyo chuckled and threw his phone on his bed, rushing for the bathroom.

As soon as Jaehyo was all dressed up, he grabbed his car keys, causing it to jingle all the way to the front door. Kyung opened his door and went out of his room.

“Oh? Where are you going this early?” asked Kyung.

“Seungho hyung is leaving today. I’m dropping him to the airport.”

“Who the hell is... OOOOH!” Kyung suddenly smirked and had his teasing face on as always. “Your future hyung in law, right?”

Jaehyo nodded. Then he blinked and shook his head. “Wait, what?!”

“HAHAH! Never mind go and drive already or the Ice Princess would be furious, which will not happen I guess, since her mood has changed ever since she had you,” teased Kyung, elbowing Jaehyo.

Jaehyo scoffed. “Shut up, Kyung. There’s some roast chicken in the oven, leftovers, I just heated it up for you. I won’t be back until dinner, I guess.”

Kyung nodded. “Yeah another day with Jina, right? It’s okay I will enjoy myself home as long as you provide food for me. Bye, Jaehyo!”

Jaehyo chuckled. “Catch you later, Kyung.”

~~~~~

Jina walked between Seungho and Jaehyo, struggling hard to carry Seungho’s heavy bag. Seungho carelessly pulled his suitcase and had his shades on. He practically looked like some kind of movie star. The three of them reached the place where Seungho has to go inside to check in and both Jaehyo and Jina couldn’t go further.

Seungho stopped and turned around to face Jina and Jaehyo. “So I guess I’ll be going now,” he said.

Jina stepped backwards and hugged Seungho’s heavy bag. “I won’t let you,” she said as she shook her head.

Jaehyo chuckled. Seungho stepped forward and messed up Jina’s hair. “Give that to me I know it is heavy.”

Jina pouted. “Why all the rush. Couldn’t you stay for another week or another month.”

Seungho sighed. “It’s all about business matters. But guess what, I will be meeting Dad in Japan so you better behave here or I’ll tell him bad things about you.”

“I have never been bad!” said Jina.

Jaehyo faked a cough. “Oh, yes you have.”

Jina glared at Jaehyo. He looked everywhere except for her. Seungho chuckled and shook his head in amusement.

“I will be helping Dad with his job and once we’re finished, we’re coming home. Don’t you worry,” Seungho took off his shades and slipped it into his pocket.

Jina nodded. She stepped forward and hugged her brother. “I’m gonna miss you.”

Seungho kissed Jina’s head. “Me too.”

As the siblings embraced each other, Seungho caught Jaehyo looking at him. He smiled and pulled away. “Let me have a word with your boy, okay.”

Jina watched as Seungho dragged Jaehyo a bit far from her. She sighed and looked around the busy airport and people walking by.

Seungho faced Jaehyo and cleared his throat. “You see, I normally don’t trust Jina to random people, but... since it seems like she needs you then, please take care of her?” pleaded Seungho.

Jaehyo smiled, a sincere smile. “Definitely, hyung. I will.”

“And if she gets mad, cranky, furious, or anything, please take a note that it won’t last long. Don’t take what she says personally, if it hurts. She is normally like that, she isn’t able to show a good way of affection towards anybody. Even me,” explained Seungho.

Jaehyo chuckled and nodded. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Seungho sighed. “I’m trusting you so much right now. She was a happy girl back then before our mother died. She turned cold after it happened. I know this sound cheesy but promise me you’ll make her happy? She smiles a lot lately and I guess it’s thanks to you.”

Jaehyo nodded. “Of course, hyung. You have my word.”

Seungho smiled. “Okay, cool.”

Both of them awkwardly hugged and walked back to where Jina was standing with Seungho’s luggage.

“Oh what took you so long. Jaehyo do you have any bruises?” teased Jina.

Seungho scoffed. “I didn’t do anything to him. Look, my plane is almost ready and I gotta catch up. I will call you when I get there, okay? Bye, Ice Princess! Bye, Kitchen King!”

Seungho waved and walked away. Jina and Jaehyo waved back before looking at each other.

“Kitchen King?” both of them asked each other.

“If you’re a king and I am your partner, doesn’t that make me a queen?” asked Jina, puzzled.

“Your skating skills still have a long way to go to be an Ice Queen,” mocked Jaehyo.

Jina scoffed. “What do you know about skating?”

“I can skate. Isn’t that enough?”

Jina took a few steps ahead and left Jaehyo behind. Jaehyo blinked.

“Hey! Hey wait up I was going to ask you for a date. Let’s go out for a proper date, we never had one when your brother was still here,” said Jaehyo, quickly getting in pace with Jina.

Jina stopped. Jaehyo stopped. Jina looked at Jaehyo and smiled. “Where are you gonna take me?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a short update ^^ for the unpatient. LOLJK~!

the next chapter will be Jaehyo and Jina's very first date. wonder what will happen....

new readers, welcome! you must be tired after marathoning this fic XD

comments and subscribes will be a pleasure ^^