Part 19 - First Date

Ice Princess

Jina walked beside Jaehyo, her eyes wandering around the buildings around her. She lazily looked up at Jaehyo.

"What?" asked Jaehyo.

"I've been to this place, like, everyday. Can't you pick some other place that is date worthy?" Jina pouted.

Jaehyo shrugged. "Well what do you expect? This date was unplanned, if I were to choose I would bring you to Lotte."

Jina's face lightened up. "Promise me you'll take me to Lotte? But not the ice rink, okay."

Jaehyo smiled and nodded. Jina clapped her hands once and continued walking.

Jaehyo took Jina around, bought her ice cream, played arcade with her, basically they did the typical things couples would do, but not on their first date. Luckily, Jina felt happy anyway and enjoyed the time spent with Jaehyo. She excused herself to the restrooms, making Jaehyo hold her drink and her Stitch plushie which Jaehyo just got for her at the arcades.

Jina washed her hands and went out of the restroom. As she turned right, she bumped into someone, making his belongings fall to the ground.

"Oh, I'm sorry," said Jina without looking and bending down to help the guy pick up his things. As she was picking up his stuffs, he was deeply looking into Jina with a look of disbelief.

"Song Jina?"

Jina's hand froze as she heard the guy call her name. She remembered the voice clearly. She looked up to the guy who was already smiling. Jina felt she was struck by a lightning in a sunny day.

"Jonghun..."

~~~~~

Jina's fingers were tapping anxiously on the table. Jonghun noticed it and tilted his head. "Is something wrong?"

Jina startled at Jonghun's voice and blinked. "What? No, nothing."

Her phone started ringing that very second. She looked at Jonghun, he excused her. Jina stood up and walked towards the window. "Hello?"

"Jina did you faint in the restrooms or something? Where are you?" asked Jaehyo in a worried voice.

Jina looked back at Jonghun. He was busy with his phone, letting his ice in his coffee melt. Jina looked back out the window. "I... the ladies' restroom was like so crowded so it took me ages. And when I went out to find you, I couldn't, so..."

"Where are you now? I'll get you."

"No!"

There was an awkward silence for a second. "Jina, you okay?"

Jina sighed. "I'm perfectly fine. Look, you go back to the arcade place and I'll see you there, okay?"

"Now?"

"No, tomorrow. Of course now, Ahn Babo!" Jina nearly shrieked if she didn't remember she was in a cafe.

Jaehyo chuckled. "Okay, don't take too long," he said before ending the call.

Jina stared at her phone. She walked back to the table. Jonghun looked up at her. "Let me guess, your oppa?"

Jina paused after sitting down. "Yeah."

I'm not lying. Jaehyo is my oppa after all.

"So, Jina. I really gotta go now. I actually want to talk to you more, but..."

"It's okay I need to go too," snapped Jina.

Jonghun slightly furrowed his eyebrows. "O-kay... and have you changed your phone number?"

Jina looked at her phone. She nodded. Jonghun then lent her phone to her. Jina tilted her head. "What?"

Jonghun chuckled. "Type your phone number so I can call you later and we could have a proper chat."

Jina hesitated but typed her number anyway. She then stood up first, not being able to handle her chest that was about to explode due to her severe fast heartbeats. "Just give me a call later."

Jonghun nodded. "See you soon."

Jina smiled as she slightly bowed and walked out of the cafe.

~~~~~

Jina's face was expressionless when she walked inside the arcade place. She even forgot what was her purpose being there. Just when she stopped and looked around, Jaehyo walked up behind her and whispered.

"Finally, I found you."

Jina was at the edge of jumping away when she heard Jaehyo so close to her ears. "YAH! Do you really have to sneak up like that?"

Jaehyo held his hands up. "Sorry," he said. He handed over the stitch plushie to her. "And about your drink, I finished it since you took so long."

Jina couldn't help but smile. "It's okay," she said as she kept looking at Jaehyo's face.

Jaehyo who was glancing around didn't notice and when he looked back at Jina, he found her staring. "What's wrong?"

Jina bit her lower lip, looking away. "Nothing."

Not gonna tell him. Not on our first date.

"Okay, is there any other place you wanna go, or do you wanna go home?" asked Jaehyo.

"Home," said Jina instantly.

Jaehyo laughed. "You look tired anyway. Come on, I'll drop you home."

~~~~~

It was 8pm when Jina reached home. Jaehyo offered himself to cook for dinner, Jina rejected it politely saying she doesn't feel like eating. She watched Jaehyo's car disappear at the end of the road and entered the house.

It feels so quiet without Seungho around. She sighed and locked the doors, a few lights and went straight to her room. She settled her phone on her desk. She stared for a while. She then opened the drawer and took out a small pimped up biscuit box.

"Why do I still have this anyway..." she mumbled to herself.

Jina opened the box and the first thing she saw was a photo of her and Jonghun. Jonghun's hand was around her neck, pulling her close to him cheek to cheek, his face making a goofy expression. Jina was laughing out loud when the photo was taken. They looked so happy back then. She flipped over the photo. It showed her handwriting of the date, place, and occasion when the photo was taken. Then she read a sentence under it.

"That day when he promised he'd always be there."

Jina scoffed. She put the photo back inside the box, and the box back inside her drawer. She threw herself on her bed and hugged her pillow.

"That's why I never believe in promises," murmured Jina as she let a tear escape from her eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

heyyyy my readers ♥ i am back!

i am back in business, i am back in jakarta, this.... retarded city LOL

i miss australia already. had such a great time, such a fun time that i forgot to update this fic.

sorry to keep you guys waiting! recently i just entered college and i have orientation and assignments and such, it sure takes away my precious time from me but i'll try to keep you guys updated, i have the plot of this fic all arranged anyway.

and OMG! Jonghun! why is he back in Jina's life, and what will Jina do?
stand by for the next update, hopefully soon ^^