Closure

Your Words

 

 
News of it spread through the house like wildfire. All of a sudden, everyone wanted to know who that frowning girl was. But immediately after clocking Key, she marched out of the house and disappeared down the street.
 
Sunggyu wanted so badly to go after her, but the manager-hyungs cornered him, yelled at him for bringing a crazy violent girl to the children's house, and forbade him from leaving. He sat quietly with the other Infinite members, who, to his annoyance, were all volunteering their opinions about it.
 
"I can't believe she actually punched Key. The Key," Sungyeol said.
 
"Do you think she knows him from before?" Dongwoo speculated. "Maybe they used to be lovers?" Dongwoo was always the secretly insightful one.
 
"I don't know, hyung," Sungjong said to Sunggyu. "She seems too violent. Maybe you should stay away from her."
 
L piped up next. "I like her! It takes guts to act like that at a children's house, of all places." He turned to the leader. "You should stick with her."
 
"Do you like her like that, hyung? Is that why you brought her?"
 
Woohyun stepped in, trying to save Sunggyu with a chuckle. "Chincha, yorobun. We should give it a rest already. Let's not forget we're supposed to be playing with kids! Gaja."
 
Woohyun winked at Sunggyu, and Sunggyu mentally thanked him for steering the conversation away from Mina. He sighed to himself and shook his head, wondering what that crazy girl was doing and thinking.
 
*******
 
Later that night, Sunggyu finally had the chance to sneak away from the managers. He rushed over to Mina's apartment.
 
He knocked hard, wondering what she would say. Would she be angry at him, for bringing her to the children's house? Would she be crying again, after seeing her ex? Would she go back to being angry Mina, after all Sunggyu's work at softening her up?
 
After a while, the door finally creaked open, and Sunggyu froze. She had an abnormally blank expression, and somehow it confused him.
 
"Hey..." he started, trying to gauge her.
 
"Hello."
 
He frowned. There wasn't an ounce of emotion in her expression and she had a relaxed stance. Everything seemed eerily normal. As if nothing had even happened.
 
"...Are you okay?"
 
She shrugged. "Why wouldn't I be?"
 
He couldn't think of anything to say. "So... so, everything is alright?"
 
She nodded dismissively. "Sunggyu, I'm kind of trying to write right now. So..."
 
"R-right. Uh, I'll let you get back to that--"
 
Before he could say anything else, she let the door click shut. Sunggyu stared at the old wood, trying to process that weird encounter.
 
After a moment, he decided that she was probably just shocked, or else wanted to be alone. He made a mental note to check up on her again in the morning.
 
*******
 
Sunggyu woke up to the buzz of his phone. It was an email reminder that, to his disbelief, Ari had just posted a new update on his (her) blog.
 
Quickly, Sunggyu booted up his computer, hoping Woohyun won't be bothered by the light. He wondered if she would talk about what happened yesterday. Impatiently, he waited for it to load, until he finally found himself on the site page.
 
It's amazing what can be resolved with a little bit of closure. Even if it's painful, that final chapter is a jolt of electricity, spurning you to be out with the old and finally embrace a new day...
 
He read the entire post and leaned back in his chair. She seemed oddly optimistic. Maybe she really was over this Kibum guy. Maybe she really was ready to move on. Somehow, the thought of it made him hopeful.
 
He dialed her number, but when it went to voicemail, he quickly began getting dressed.
 
***
 
He knocked hard on her door, and pressed his ear against it. He couldn't hear any movement inside. Maybe she's still asleep?, he wondered, knocking even harder.
 
"Chogiyo?"
 
He turned, and spotted an older ahjumma peeking out of a door down the hallway.
 
"Are you looking for Mina?"
 
"Neh... is she out running or something?"
 
The ahjumma shook her head. "She's gone."
 
"Gone? What do you mean, gone? Gone to work?"
 
"Aniyo." A pitiful look flickered in the ahjumma's eyes. "I saw her carrying a trolley of boxes out of her apartment last night. I think she was moving."
 
His jaw almost dropped. "M-moving? Like, to a different apartment? Do you know where it is?"
 
The ahjumma shook her head again and sighed. "She's always so secretive. She didn't tell me where she was going, but just that she wouldn't be back for a long while. Mianhe." With that, the ahjumma reentered her apartment, leaving Sunggyu shocked and still as a statue in the hallway.
 
He leaned heavily against her door, trying to think. It's not possible. She can't have just left, can she? He tried her phone again, but this time it went straight to voicemail.
 
With a sigh, he let the phone fall from his ear. What could she possibly be thinking?? he wondered. According to her blog post, she had come to terms with what happened with Kibum. But why would she keep trying to run away from him??
 
Then, an outrageous, impossible idea took hold, and no matter how he tried to brush it away, he couldn't dismiss it. Maybe it wasn't Kibum she was running away from.
 
Maybe it was him.
 
Why else would she not tell him she was leaving, even after he visited her last night? Why else would she avoid his phone calls right now?
 
He hung his head, hoping more than anything that his hunch was wrong and that Mina would call him back. But, a weird, awful sense of finality crept into his heart. He thought a little more, then suddenly, he punched at the old door in frustration and stormed out of her apartment complex, swearing to return.
 
 
 
---

 

:/

MIAN, MIAN, I'M SORRY, BUT IT HAD TO HAPPEN. I TOLD YOU DRAMA WAS COMING. SHE REALLY LEFT. I'M SO SORRY!! :(

But the story is not over yet!! There's still a lot that can happen. Let's not forget how stubborn both Mina AND Sunggyu are. So, please stay tuned, my beautiful readers!! More on the way! :)

 

 

 

 

 

Speaking of beautiful readers, LOOK! A POLL!!

I can't tell you all how much I appreciate you for reading, subscribing, and commenting. I really want to do more than just comment-reply you back, so what do you all think about Random Reader Spotlights? Every update, I could spotlight a reader who has kept up with me and my stories and commented regularly.

How does one get into the spotlight, you ask?? Easy! Just subscribe and comment on updates! Tell me what you like, what you don't like, what you hope would happen... Anything! (And if you're already doing that, then DO NOT FRET! You're already on my list of people I'd like to spotlight! :))

So, what do you all think? Is this idea a hit or a miss? Please fill out the poll below! I just really want to appreciate you for being awesome you!!

Thank ye! :)