Everything, Promised

Your Words

 

 

It was already 12am. She eyed her cup of coffee, taking one last sip of the lukewarm liquid. Then, with a heavy sigh, she decided to call it quits.

 

She poured the rest of it out in the sink, wiped her hands, and stared at her reflection in the glass window. Please don’t let this be over, she wished. But she couldn’t stop the heaviness that sat on her chest.

 

Just when she pulled her covers aside and prepared to slide in to bed, there was a hard pounding on her door. She jumped out of her skin at the sound.

 

Could it be?, she wondered. She hurried for the door, pulling it open without looking through the peephole. “Sunggyu?!” she cried.

 

But when she locked eyes with her visitor, her eyes bugged out. He smiled widely at her, gave a giddy giggle, and then teetered dangerously to the left. He reeked of alcohol, his face was bright red, and his small eyes were even more puffy than usual.

 

“Yah. What did you--”

 

“MINA!” he suddenly shrieked. He took a step towards her, but lost his footing, and crumpled sloppily to the floor.

 

“Omo!” she cried, taking hold of his arm. But he took a seat on the floor, leaning against the doorway. “Sunggyu!” She held his face, trying to make him focus on her. “Sunggyu, why don’t you come inside, hmm? Gaja. Come in.”

 

She took his arms, in an effort to hoist him up. Somehow, she managed to drag him to her couch and coax him to lie down. Once he was settled, she made to stand and get him some water. But suddenly, he took hold of her wrist and pulled her towards him, hard enough that she lost her balance and fell against his chest.

 

“Sunggyu! Be careful--”

 

“Mina. Why didn’t you tell me.”

 

She froze, looking at him. He tilted his head back against the cushion, closing his eyes to try to calm the spinning room. “Why didn’t you tell me,” he whispered in repeat.

 

“I… I didn’t want you to worry about it. Besides, he doesn’t mean anything to me anymore.”

 

“But why don’t you tell me anything,” he whispered.

 

She felt a small lump grow in . “Sunggyu. You’re really drunk right now. But I promise, in the morning, once you’re sober… I’ll tell you everything. Everything you want to know.” She took hold of his hands, squeezing them lightly. “I promise.”

 

“Everything?” he asked quietly. She could tell he was drifting off to sleep.

 

“Everything.”

 

“Will you tell me that you kissed Kibum?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Will you tell me that you don’t love him anymore?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Will you tell me that you’re Ari?”

 

She flinched. But in her gut, she had an inkling that he’d known. He had probably known for a long time. “Yes.”

 

“Will you tell me that you love me?”

 

She swallowed hard, biting back her tears. In her pause, Sunggyu opened his bleary eyes, meeting her gaze. Even though he was so inebriated, she could read a sincerity in his look that made the tears drip down her cheeks.

 

“Yes,” she said. Then, she reached over him, planting a tender kiss on his forehead. Content, he let his eyes fall back, a smile gracing his lips.

 

“Mina. Don’t leave me again.”

 

She smiled at him. “I’m not going anywhere, Sunggyu. From now on, I’m staying right here. With you.”

 

 

THE END

 

 

 

---

:)

You are amazing for supporting me and this story. I appreciate it, from the very bottom of my heart.

There will be at least 2 more updates:
1) End Credits (featuring the readers who made this story so much fun to write. Please read through... you might find your name :))
2) Epilogue and New Story Sneak Peek (I mean, I can't just let your parting image of Sunggyu be when he's drunk XP)
(Possible third update in the far future: A drabble chapter with a peek at Mina and Sunggyu in their new lives together!)

Until next time, thank you again and snuggly Sunggyu bear-hugs for all!!!

Much Love,

Kinsei

Kinsei

tumblr_miwgrrtisl1qg5nyao1_500.gif

tumblr_mig3gngCSp1qg6r28o1_250.gif