Finally Through

Your Words

 

 

I want you back, his words echoed through her head. He was still sitting across from her, still holding her hand and her gaze.

 

But suddenly, the image of that orangey-haired boy popped into her mind again. The way he smiled wide enough that his eyes disappeared. The way he walked with an annoyingly pompous strut, until he was close enough to wrap his arms around her. The way he can drive her crazy one moment, and then send her heart fluttering the next. She wiped away her tears.

 

“Kibum. You’re right. This is something I’ve wanted for a long time…” He smiled at the words, until she continued. “But I can’t do it. I can’t go back to you and pretend nothing happened. Besides, I have someone else now. And unlike you, I know he won’t make me cry.”

 

She stood, trying to release her hand from his grip so she could leave. But in a flash, he stood too, pulling her towards him and swiftly locking his lips around hers.

 

For a moment, she was stunned. She stared, wide-eyed, as he began to slowly move against her. The coffeeshop grew quiet around them as people began turning their heads to watch. Some people gasped excitedly, and others even began to clap.

 

There was the sound of a chair scooting back, heavy footsteps, and the front door swinging open and shut as a customer left. But she didn’t notice. The surprise of Kibum kissing her took up all her focus.

 

Finally, he released her, leaning his forehead against hers. “Don’t make a scene, Mina.” He took her hands into his. “Gaja. Let’s continue our talk outside.” He pulled away, smiling at her. In her periphery, she could see other customers of the coffeeshop beaming at them in congratulations.

 

She frowned, trying to make sense of everything. What…what the hell is happening?! She made to pull away, but he took a firmer hold on her hands. He leaned forward. “Mina, please. Not in front of all these people.” He squeezed her hand, and then winked at her.

 

And that’s when she realized.

 

The coward was trying to save his own skin. He didn’t want to get rejected in front of all these people, so he was feigning their happiness. Pretending they were the happy little couple. It was so low. Almost as low as leaving with nothing but a messy note, “Sorry,” scratched on a crumpled piece of paper.

 

And it was the final straw.

 

She wanted so badly to hit him. She raised her hand, watching him flinch and shake his head vigorously. “Honey,” he chided, looking about. “Don’t be upset. C’mon, now. Let’s go.” He smiled at her, and then smiled at the people of the coffeeshop.

 

She can’t believe she let this greaseball fool her again. More than anything else in the world, she wanted to be away from him.

 

“…No,” she said in deadly whisper. Then, she tore away from him and stormed out of the coffeeshop.

 

“Wait! Mina! Aye, chincha…” she heard him call, following after her. But once she was clear of the front doors, she began sprinting away with all her might.

 

It’s over, she thought to him. I’m leaving and never coming back. Good bye forever, Kibum. Finally, I’m through with you.

 

***

 

She burst through her front door, tears streaming down her face. She was an emotional wreck—she wanted to celebrate finally being done with Kibum, she wanted to scream and bawl from what he did, she wanted to vent her anger for falling for such a moron, and, more than anything else, she wanted that awful Sunggyu by her side.

 

She let herself cry it out for a moment, hugging her knees to her chest as she sat on the ground. And then, once it was out of her system, she cleared and quickly dialed his number.

 

“Yoboseyo?” At the sound of his familiar voice, she wanted to erupt into a new wave of tears. But she didn’t want him to worry. She cleared again and spoke with as even of a tone as she could muster.

 

“Hey, Sunggyu.”

 

He smiled through the phone. “I’m glad you called.”

 

She smiled too. “Me too. Sorry for making you wait.”

 

For a moment, they were both quiet. She listened to the even pace of his breathing, wiping away at the last remnants of tears that littered her face.

 

She didn’t sniffle once, but he sensed something more in her silence. “Is everything alright?” he asked gently. A weird heaviness tugged at his heart.

 

“…Mm. Just… hurry home, okay?”

 

He smiled. He could feel something was wrong, but he still liked the sound of her telling him to come home. “Arasso, Mina.” He checked his wristwatch and sighed, hoping that he wasn’t in for a long day.

 

 

---

 

 

:) Hands up if it's freaking about time Mina got over Kibum!! *raises hand*

But there are still things Sunggyu and Mina need to work through. The end is near, but not yet :)  Please stay tuned!

P.S. Back on my old computer. Sorry the formatting is funny. But I know nothing about computers, so me no know how to fix :/