Bboe Bboe

Your Words

 

 
When Mina finally came to, the afternoon sun peeked through her blinds, and she was alone in her studio. She rose slowly, remnants of the hangover still floating around in her head. On her table, Sunggyu had left her dinner, and she smiled in spite of herself.
 
She lifted the tray, but noticed a small note tucked under one of the plates.
 
Infinite is going to help out at a children's home tomorrow. Want to come with? It could help get your mind off things. I'll pick you up at 10. --Sunggyu
 
She rolled her eyes to keep from smiling. He already assumed she'd say yes. She peeked at her calendar, and the mess of writing on her table and floor. Then, she shrugged. Of course she was free.
 
*******
 
"Are you sure I'm not butting in?" she asked, buckling her seatbelt.
 
"Of course. The manager hyungs said we could invite all the help we can get. Plus, it'll be a good chance for you to finally meet the members." He smiled to himself, wondering what his dongsaengs would think of her.
 
They pulled up to the children's home, where a scattering of colorful toys filled the front yard. Already, the camera crews were setting up.
 
"Oh, also. It won't just be us-- there are a couple idol groups that are supposed to come today."
 
She frowned. "Too bad I don't follow pop culture. I probably wouldn't recognize any of them."
 
He chuckled at her. "One more thing. There will be a lot of cameras around, so..." He gently pressed his thumb against the hard crease on her forehead, rubbing at it. "Try not to frown too much, arasso?"
 
She smacked his hand away, trying not to let him see the small smile playing up her lips, and jumped out of the car.
 
***
 
The house was busy, teeming with set-up crew and beautiful people that Mina assumed were celebrities. The groups seemed to huddle together, a bunch of skinny girls with long legs at one corner eyeing a playful bunch of guys at another corner. Sunggyu gently guided Mina by the small of her back towards those laughing boys.
 
"Yorobun, listen up! This is Mina. You might remember her from the accident..." She frowned a little when everyone flashed her looks of concern. She hated being pitied. Sunggyu cleared his throat. "Uh, anyways, she's helping us out today, so be nice."
 
One by one, the boys approached her. First, there was a smiling pretty boy named Sungjong. Then a tall thin boy named Sungyeol. A boy with an infectious laugh, Dongwoo. A quiet, handsome boy, Myungsoo. An athletic boy with a wide grin, Hoya. And lastly, a twinkle-eyed boy with a deep voice, Woohyun.
 
She bowed or shook hands with each of them, until one of the managers called everyone in the room to attention. She didn't notice that Woohyun shot Sunggyu a mischievous smirk, to which Sunggyu threatened to hit him.
 
"Ok everyone. Before the cameras start filming, we'll have you get to know the kids. Just focus on playing with them and taking care of them--make them happy because these kids don't have too much of that in their lives. Be careful, and have fun!"
 
They were given free range of the downstairs area, and after a moment, hordes of young children and toddlers began filling the different play rooms. Mina loved kids. Almost immediately, she forgot about Sunggyu and everyone else, and found herself playing with one cute little boy who wouldn't let her stop holding his hand.
 
After a while, the boy got tired of playing with the trains, and Mina carried him as they walked around, looking at the different play rooms.
 
"Youngjae, do you want to go in here? Play with the stuffed animals?"
 
He squirmed in her arms, and she took that as a no.
 
"How 'bout here, with the cookie-making. Look! They're making cookies that look like fish."
 
He squirmed even more. Then, his eye caught a colorful room with a small ball pit, and anxiously he pointed at it and babbled.
 
She carried him through the doorway, and noticed that the only other people in the room were Sunggyu and a good handful of excited kids. He looked tired from chasing them around and playing with them, and took a moment to sit on the ground, where they tried to pull him up and drag him into the ball pit.
 
"Ani, ani, let Oppa rest," he chided. He looked up, meeting Mina's eye, and smiled.
 
She grabbed a couple balls from the pit and went to sit next to him. Youngjae had his toys, so he didn't mind. When they settled, Sunggyu lay back theatrically. "Aigoo, Mina, this is hard."
 
She chuckled. "At least the kids really seem to like you."
 
"Yeah. I've always been kind of good with kids." Mina was impressed, but tried not to let it show. He sat up, smiling at the little boy in her arms. "And who's this?"
 
They coaxed the little boy to say his name, and he motioned with his hands when Sunggyu asked for his age. Sunggyu grinned.
 
"Mina here is being nice?"
 
The boy answered by smiling and leaning into Mina's arms. She almost squealed from the cuteness. "Aww Youngjae!" She cradled him gently, then decided to be playful. "Can you give me a kiss, Youngjae? Bboe bboe! Bboe bboe!" The little boy tilted his head up and pressed his mouth against her cheek, to which she and Sunggyu laughed. Mina returned a kiss on the boys cheek.
 
"So cute--" Mina started to coo, but the toddler beamed up at her and patted his cheek. "Aww, you like my kisses?" Playfully, she planted a few more pecks on the little boy's cheek, and he smiled in delight, making her and Sunggyu laugh again.
 
But then, the boy's face grew serious, and he patted her shoulder to get her attention. "What is it, Youngjae?"
 
Then, he pointed to Sunggyu. "Bboe bboe," he said to Mina.
 
Mina's and Sunggyu's eyes rounded in surprise. "You want me... to... what?"
 
The boy frowned, and pointed more frantically at Sunggyu. "Bboe bboe! Bboe bboe!"
 
Mina met Sunggyu's eyes with a blank expression. He stared back, wondering what she would do. Then, to his surprise, she leaned in, and planted a soft kiss on his cheek.
 
Quickly, Mina pulled away, turning her focus back on the bouncing little boy in her arms. Sunggyu watched her, glad she looked away. He could feel his face warming, and he didn't want her to see.
 
 
---
 
 
The idea of this chapter came from Infinite's visit to the Green Umbrella Children's Foundation. Here is a video, if you'd like to see! (Unfortunately, Sunggyu doesn't have too much camera time in it, but the other members do!)
 
 
 
I imagine Sunggyu to be really good with kids <3