Troll

Your Words

 

 
Three weeks passed by. Three agonizing weeks. As much as he didn't want to believe it, it seemed that Mina had really removed herself from his life. And more than that, it seemed that she had completely disappeared off the face of the Earth.
 
Sunggyu swung by her apartment for the umpteenth time, and his heart skipped a beat when he found the door slightly ajar. Quickly, he burst through it, only to walk in on the landlord giving a strange couple the tour. All of Mina's furniture was gone, every single scrap of paper.
 
He bowed, left, and tried her phone again, and the familiar recording played. "The number you have reached is no longer in service. Please try again..."
 
He cursed. Was she really gone? He didn't want to believe it, but he couldn't ignore the signs.
 
The worst thing was that he stalked her blog, and saw absolutely no changes in activity. She didn't even log in since the last time she posted.
 
Back at his room, he sat at the computer, checked the site once more, and in frustration, angrily slammed his fist on the desk. "Dammit!"
 
Woohyun looked up, eyeing him quizzically. "Still nothing?"
 
Sunggyu sighed, refreshing the page over and over. Nothing changed. "This complete silence...chincha, it's driving me crazy."
 
"Maybe you got too close, hyung. She couldn't take it anymore." Woohyun kept flipping through his magazine, pausing when he came to his own photo shoot pics. "I mean, really, it could be worse. At least she's not screaming at you anymore, right?"
 
Suddenly, at those words, an idea struck like a bolt of lightning down Sunggyu's spine. It was bold, maybe even completely idiotic, but he figured it might be worth a try. He'd do anything, anything, if it meant she would talk to him again.
 
Woohyun rambled on about his pictures in the background, but Sunggyu wasn't listening. Instead, he opened up an email window, rolled his neck, and slowly began typing.
 
He was a fool, and he knew it. But at this point, he was beyond caring.
 
*******
 
Mina came back from another run. Her new place was even smaller, and the door was so old that it jammed and took a full-body push to get open.
 
But under her crazy reasoning, it was well worth it. She wanted to start anew, and that meant shaking off every aspect of her past life. Every aspect.
 
She went through the motions of opening up her email. She hadn't updated Ari's blog in ages, but she checked any personal messages sent to her via her email.
 
There was the usual spam, a couple requests for tips on writing, and then one other email. The subject line read "An Important Message from GG89", and she recognized the username as a subscriber who regularly posted positive comments on her blog posts. She clicked it open without too much thought.
 
To Ari~
 
While I've proudly called myself a fan until now, I have to tell you. Your writing has taken a turn for the worst.
 
Mina froze, her stomach sinking. It always made her feel low when someone critiqued her. Quickly, she kept reading.
 
Your ideas are all over the place. Seriously, do you even think before you write? Or do you just pound on the keyboard and hope for the best? Chincha... You say some of the dumbest and most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
 
She frowned hard. Wait, what?! Who the hell does this guy think he is?! She could stand to accept constructive criticism, but this guy... He was being way too much.
 
I'm so disappointed in you. I thought you were better than this. I'll wait for your next post, but if it's going to be this bad again, I'm happily unsubscribing from you and burning my copy of your book.
 
Do better,
 
GG89
 
She scrunched up her nose, rereading the harsh words twice more. Then she scoffed, as a pang of frustration through her. This idiot...he didn't even say specifically what his problem was!
 
Angrily, she hit the reply button, and began slamming a response on her keyboard.
 
***
 
Sunggyu absentmindedly scrolled down her page, watching the blur of her posts. He wondered if he'd gone too far in what he said.
 
But deep down, he stubbornly needed to hear from her. He would do anything to break this silence that she put between them. Even if it meant aggravating her.
 
Just then, his email account dinged. Surprised, he clicked over to it, and his eyes rounded when he found that she had already responded.
 
To GG89,
 
I don't know WHO you think you are, but if you have a problem with my writing, I will happily discuss it. What exactly has you so riled up?! I write the truth as I see it... I always have, and I always will. If you have something to say to me, be more specific. If not, then I can't help you.
 
Ari
 
Sunggyu almost chuckled out loud in disbelief. What's this? The crazy girl actually responded!! His heart swelled in happiness at the thought that he'd finally broken their silence. He could almost hear her biting back her anger, trying and failing to be nice. After a moment of celebration, he thought about what to do.
 
He decided to troll her.
 
Ari,
 
YOU are the one who needs help. Chincha...you should really face the facts and see that YOU are the one with the problem. What are you so afraid of? 
 
Stop running away. 
 
GG89
 
He hit send, and smirked, wondering how she would respond. He hoped that he wasn't being too obvious, but Ari had tons of fans. Why would she suspect that he, Sunggyu, was the one writing to her?
 
 
---
 
 
Damn, this was a hard chapter to write.