Lost Track of Time

It Means Nothing

 

Lost Track of Time
 
 
 
How long has it been since I've been here? It feels like years. How old am I now? 25? Am I going to spend the rest of my life here? Are they never going to let me leave? All I know is; I don't have the power to fight back, I've lost the power a long time ago. They slowly beat my spirit away, to the point where I don't care anymore. Wait no let me rephrase that, it's more like I accepted my position. I don't even know if I'm even alive anymore, or if this is some twisted nightmare that I can't wake from. Maybe I am dead, maybe I died in the alley, and went to hell from there. It sure feels like hell, I would never wish this torture on anyone. You feel so much pain that you go numb, but I think that's a good thing. I'd rather feel nothing then feel something at all. I would have died a long time ago if I did. Sometimes I wish I were dead though, like I should end this all right now, but I can't, they have me in chains, and there is nothing I can do really. I feel so helpless, and useless. I'm such a sorry excuse for a human being. I just feel more worthless day by day, it's like I was born to live a life of sadness and struggle. 
 
 
 
Anonomys POV
"Kevin, are you up? I brought some food" I said as I walked into the poorly lit room. I saw Kevin's head jerk up in the mention of food. He must be starving. I can't really blame him though, he rarely eats. I make my way across the room and stop in front of the unfortunate boy who was currently chained to the pole. I lay the tray of food in my hands onto the floor besides Kevin, and grabbed a silver key from my pocket. I walked behind the pole and bent down to place the key into the 
lock that was holding the restraints. With a "click" the chains fell to the floor, and Kevin practically pounced onto the food in front of him. I take a seat next to him, and watch him eat. It's really sad seeing him like this, nearly brings me to tears. Nearly. I can't get too attached to him or it'll just make my job a whole lot harder, but I can't help bet let my mood sink I whenever see him like this. I realize that Kevin has finished eating as he slumps back against the pole.
"Are you full?" I ask as I get up from the floor, dusting myself off in the process.
He scoffed "It's not like you would give me more if I was still hungry". True, I'm not allowed to give him more then I already have.
"Alright then" I say as I place the lock over the chains and once again restrain Kevin from any movement. Kevin just sits there with his head lowered, looking dead. No, not dead, soulless. He looks like alive but not alive. I can't explain it buts its really sad to look at. I sigh as I head out the building, not forgetting to lock it. I'm going to hell for sure. 
 
 
 
No Ones POV
Kevin stares attentively at the door in front of him. He sits there for a while before springing into action. Kevin felt like that devil didn't lock the chains right because it felt a lot looser on his arms. He quickly slid his body up on the pole until he was standing. His legs were sore but he ignored the pain. As he stood up straight against the pole his heart skipped a beat. The chain was definitely a lot more loose. It was slightly hanging off from his waist but it was still tight enough so it wouldn't fall. Kevin began to wiggle his body as he tried to get the chains to slide off. He desperately tried to reach his fingers above his wrists as an attempt to reach the chains. His heart rate increased as he was able to reach the chain. He continued to fiercely wiggle his body and pull the chains down while the sound of metal hitting metal filled the room. With one final wiggle the chains dropped with a "clank" around his ankles. Kevin stood there staring at the chains not knowing what to do. He stood there unmoving, head blank, and breathe steady. It took a minute for the reality to hit him but when he did, he bolted for the door. 
"Dammit!" he cried as he couldn't open the doors. Of course it's locked. Kevin thought as he kicked the door in irritation. 
"There is always something in the way!" He hissed. Kevin looked around the room his eyes landing on a certain object that was used to restrict Kevin from using his legs for a week. A smile made its way onto Kevin's face as he picked up the object.
 
 
 
Dongho's POV
Ring Ring Ring! 
The phone is ringing but I don't bother picking it up. It's never about Kevin anyway, so there's no point. It's been a year since Kevin has gone missing and the search for him stopped a couple months ago. Everyone thinks he's dead, and so do I. I grab my phone from the nightstand and head downstairs.
"Omo! Dongho! The-" I hear my mother say but before she could finish, I slam the front door behind me. I honestly don't give 2 s about what she has to say. I pull out my phone and call the only person I'm actually willing to talk to. My rock, someone who understands the pain I went through. Someone who also thought Kevin was dead.
"Hello?" Someone answers.
"Hey babe, I'm coming over"