26

It Means Nothing

 

 
"Eli stop!" Luhan stops in his tracks as he hears a high pitched scream and the sound of things being nocked over. 
"Yah! Dongho, have you lost your mind?!" Luhan can hear Kevin's screams this time followed by a loud "slap". Luhan was utterly confused. He was just on his way back from his audition, and wanted to say goodbye to everybody before he went back to the small gas station in the countryside, but it seems like a lot has happened during his absence at Dongho's place. Everything turned quiet and Luhan figured it was safe to enter the house. Luhan didn't know if he should nock or just enter the house but the sound of crying made him pick the latter. Luhan quickly made his way into the house and ran into the living room.
"What on ear-" Luhan stopped in his tracks once again once he took in his surroundings. He's only been in this house once but he was pretty sure that the couch didn't belong in the kitchen. 
Luhan looked at everyone who was in the living room and noticed Yoonji who was restraining a furious looking Eli, and, a dumbfounded Dongho who had a hand held up to his cheek. Kevin was breathing hard while glaring daggers at the younger boy. 
"Umm……?" Luhan questioned without words "What the unicorn is going on here? And why is the couch in the kitchen?" 
Kevin who seemed to be telepathic read his silent question. 
"After we got home Ms.r and Mr.s Shin went to go buy pizza for dinner" Kevin let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose "Long story short Yoonji and I came downstairs to find these two idiots fighting. As for the couch……?" Kevin trailed off looking at Eli and Dongho expectantly, but neither boy answered. Kevin sighed and made his way out the living room and up the stairs. Luhan just awkwardly shifted from foot to foot in the living room. The intense atmosphere was making it extremely  awkward for Luhan and he had no idea on what to do. Dongho was still standing in the same spot with the same dumbfounded expression on his face. If the atmosphere weren't so intense he would've laughed. Everyone turned towards Kevin once they heard him enter the living room again with a suitcase in his left hand. 
"I'm staying the night at Yoonji's. Eli you need to leave, and Dongho you need to clean this place up. Come on Luhan" Luhan just followed Kevin and Yoonji out the house. 
"Do you guys need a ride?" Eli asked from behind us. His tone sounded guilty and a small frown was placed on his lips.
"We don't need anything from you right now" Yoonji said flatly.
"Kevin?" Eli spoke with a tint of hope in his voice.
"Lead the way Yoonji" Kevin said not even sparing Eli a glance. Eli just nodded his head in defeat and walked towards his car. Luhan pitied the poor boy but just followed Kevin.
"I'm really sorry about this Luhan" Kevin sighed. Luhan just gave him a bright smile while putting his arm over Kevin's shoulder. It's okay, you should see Lay when I make him sweep the store" 
Luhan wasn't kidding either; Lay through on a full on fit. Kevin only managed a small smile and continued to follow Yoonji to her house. 
When the trio finally arrived they tiredly collapsed on the couch. 
"You two'll sleep in the guest room right across from my room. If you guys don't mind, I'll be going to bed now" Yoonji sighed tiredly and headed up the stairs.
"This place isn't actually that bad when it doesn't reek of " Kevin thought to himself. 
"Are you ready for bed?" Luhan asked getting up from the couch.
"Yeah, let's go" Kevin said holding out his hand for Luhan to take. Luhan firmly grabbed onto Kevin's and pulled him up with a little too much force causing Kevin to spring up from the couch.
"Woah, for a pretty boy you're pretty strong" Kevin chuckled. Luhan simply giggled in return while covering his mouth with his left hand.
"You're so gay" Kevin commented causing both boys to laugh.
"It takes one to know one" Luhan countered with a smirk. Both boys went up the stairs and into the guest room where they snuggled into the sheets together. It wasn't awkward at all for the gay boys. 
"So, when are you planning to head back?" Kevin asked after finding a comfortable spot on the bed.
"I was actually planning to go after I said my goodbye to you guys"
"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hold you back" Kevin mumbled guiltily. 
"It's okay" Luhan reassured "You're leaving for the states next week anyways aren't you? I'm glad I get to have more time to spend with you" 
"! I forgot I was supposed to go to the police station with Dongho's dad! " Kevin said while clumsily getting out of bed and crawled to his luggage. He quickly pulled his cell phone out of his luggage and dialed Dongho's home phone  number. Kevin anxiously waited for someone to pick up the phone. 
"Oh hello? Mr.s Shin? Yes, it's me. I just wanted to apologize for not being there when you arrived. Oh I see. Well is it okay if we go to the police station tomorrow instead? Thank you, I'm sorry for being a bother. Okay, thanks again. Yeah bye" Luhan just stared at Kevin who was currently putting his phone back in his luggage.
"It seems that Dongho was able to get his place cleaned up before his parents got home" Kevin sighed. 
"That's good" Luhan commented.
"Yeah, I guess" Kevin said letting out another sigh.
"Did you tell Dongho that you just wanted to be friends?" Luhan asked remembering his conversation with the other boy in the car. "Oh, and it seems like that Eli guy kind of likes you! Dongho was obviously jealous" Luhan laughed towards the end.
"Actually Eli was my best friend whom I confessed to" Kevin mumbled causing Luhan to go into silence.
"Oh" Luhan mumbled remebering their conversation earlier in the car. "Sorry"
"Don't be so tense" Kevin laughed "It's not even a big deal anymore" Kevin let a small smile play on his face before muttering a soft goodnight to the boy next to him. Luhan smiled back while reaching for his phone.
 
To: Sehunnie
You see? I didn't forget:3 Goodnight^^
 
To: Hannie Poo
I see:) Thanks for not forgetting about me! Night, I hope you have sweet dreams with me in them;)
Luhan fell asleep with a smile later that night. As Luhan lay contentedly in bed the other two in the house were having mental wars thinking about what happened earlier that day. The truth is they know what caused the fight between Eli and Dongho, but Kevin just isn't ready to face that part of the world yet.
"Why do you love me now when you know it's already too late?"
 
<3<3<3
 
It's been 3 days since the whole Dongho and Eli incident. Luhan has already went back to his little store in the countryside and Kevin has already went to the police station with Ms.r Shin. The detectives that questioned Kevin recommended that he see a therapist but Kevin assured everyone he was fine. It was surprising to the others actually how little the whole getting kidnapped thing affected Kevin. They expected sudden break downs, bursts of rage, or for Kevin to cower in fear when being touched but thing received nothing but a warm smile in return. Kevin has been staying with Yoonji since the day he got back, the other insisted that he stayed with her. Eli has been blatantly ignored by Yoonji and practically begged Kevin to give him some sort of acknowledgement.
Dongho apologized countless times to Kevin and pleaded with him to come back "home" with him. Kevin easily forgave the boy but didn't go home with him.