Chapter 5

It Means Nothing

Kevin was laying in bed after taking a long shower. He spent his whole weekend with Dongho. He wasn't really sure about his feelings for Dongho but he we sure that the younger did make him happy. Kevin was a picture he and Dongho had taken at the mall. Kevin was smiling, thankful he good treasure that moment for a long time. Kevin grabbed a picture frame he had bought earlier, inserted the picture of the Dongvin couple, and laid it on his nightstand. Kevin lay there on his bed thinking to himself. "I wonder what Eli is doing right now" and " Maybe I can forget about him and move on with Dongho". Kevin yawned and stretched out his limbs. Kevin put his iPod on speaker and played the playlist he named "Sleep Time ^^" and drifted off to sleep.

 

                                        ~one UKISS morning later~

"Ring Ring Ring, yeah I said Ring Ring Ring" Kevin groaned as his annoying yet cute alarm clock awoke him from his peaceful slumber. Kevin turned off his alarm clock and noticed he had one new message.

 

From: Eli

Goodmorning Kevin! I was wondering if you want to walk to school together? You don't have to if you don't want to......"

Kevin felt a light feeling in his chest as he was reading the text. Smiling to himself, Kevin sent his reply

To: Eli

Sure, meet me at my house in an hour?

Kevin quickly got out of bed after receiving a reply from Eli saying "Okay" and rampaged through his closet trying to find something cute to wear. After 30 minutes of looking through his closet and checking himself in the mirror, he went into the bathroom to brush his teeth and fix his hair. He just combed his bangs to the side and put on some cherry Chapstick. Kevin went downstairs and put on his black combat boots. Kevin sighed in relief when he finally finished. Kevin jogged into the kitchen to grab an apple but then put it back for a banana. Kevin put his bag over his shoulder and went out the door. Kevin saw Eli in front of his house typing something in his phone. After Eli noticed Kevin was in front of him, he smiled.

"Hey Vinnie, I just texted you" Kevin giggled after feeling his phone vibrate.

"Yeah, I got it. Eli?"

"Yeah"

"Vinnie?" Kevin questioned furrowing his brows. He liked the nickname but thought it was a bit awkward and random. Eli chuckled rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hehe, sorry. You don't like it?"

"It's..........cute" Kevin said awkwardly causing them to both laugh. Eli and Kevin were both walking to school and although they've done it many times, Kevin still felt like it wasn't the same causing him to frown. Eli noticed his sad expression and got worried.

"What's wrong?"Eli asked mimicking Kevin's frown. Kevin immidiatelty put on a fake smile to reassure the worried pigeon.

"It's nothing" Kevin said. Eli knew Kevin was lying but figured maybe he didn't want to talk about it. The walk was quit. All you could hear was the cars passing by, the blowing wind, and their unsynchronized footsteps.

Eli noticed their walk which was usually filled with laughter and jokes was depressingly silent. Eli felt guilty thinking it was his fault. Eli continued to kick a random rock contemplating wether or not he should speak up and apologize but his fear and pride got the best of him, he decided to just keep the walk quiet, shoving his hands into his pockets, and continued to kick the rock. The walk took longer  then it needed to be and Kevin was glad they finally were at school. 

"Kevin hyung" Dongho called waving to Kevin. Kevin was relieved he could finally leave the awkward position he was in. 

"Well I guess I'll talk to you later" Kevin said avoiding eye contact with the ladder.

"Yeah, later" Kevin smiled and walked away. Kevin caught up with Dongho and they both walked to class but not before the younger hugged Kevin, and an unseen figure was glaring death rays at the two. Kevin and Dongho were on their way to home room and as they were walking Kevin could feel fingers wrap  around his own. Kevin quickly pulled his hand away from Dongho's but felt bad right after.

"Im sorry  Dongho, it's just maybe we should keep this a secret. I don't want people to bully you because of me!" Kevin said with a sad voice. He was really worried about what people would think. He wasn't worried for himself, if somebody had a problem with him they could take their complaints and shove it straight up their asses because he did not give two s about what people thought. But this wasn't about him, this was about Dongho. He didnt want to see his friend/ or boyfriend get hurt because of him. Kevin was fully capable of protecting the younger since Eli had taught him how to fight but it would just cause too much trouble, but most of all, he didnt want Eli to find out. He was the only person whose opinion actually mattered besides his family and two best friends. He was scared he would lose Eli or that Eli would just completely cut all ties between the two. After the nightmare Kevin had a couple nights ago, he decided  okay Kevin he will never let Eli find out who he really was. Kevin Leah's hoped and prayed that Eli would just accept him for the flaming homoual he was.

"It's okay Kevin. I understand, but I do want to let people know we are dating."

"Okay, but just not today. Please?" Dongho was a bit upset but nodded his head not wanting to upset Kevin. The two teens walked into their first class and took their seats next to eachother. It was a new semester and they both were able to get most of there classes together. The bell rang and students started to file into the classroom.  As the teacher was ending her lecture, she announced that we would be assigned a project.

"Okay class, I will be assigning all of you a project!" All the kids groaned in response "Oh don't give me that. You are to write a song and perform it in front of the class in the school theatre. Your songs must be 3:30 to 4 minutes long. I want you all to take your time for this project and make your songs meaningful. Don't worry about playing any instruments although it would be great if you can. Since I want you all to really do well, I will make this project due at the end of the year. Two weeks before summer vacation. I will be expecting alot from you all" As the teacher finished her announcement, the bell rang and everyone started to grab their things and go to their next class. Unfortunately Kevin and Dongho did not have their next class together. Kevin had Pre-calculas all by himself and was not looking toward to it. Kevin took his seat and sighed in despair. Kevin looked out the window and looked at the school garden. That was the only thing Kevin liked math class. The garden looked more beautiful from where he was at then standing in the garden.  

"Listen up class, we have a new student. His name is Aiden Kim. Treat him well" Kevin looked to the front feeling his mood lift. Maybe he won't be alone in this class after all. "Lets see if we can find you a seat..." the teacher said looking for a seat.

" HE CAN SIT NEXT TO ME SIR!" Kevin said happily while patting the empty seat next to his.

"Alright Mr. Kim, you may take the seat next to Kevin" Aiden nodded and walked towards his seat next to Kevin.

"Hi, my name is Kevin" Kevin smiled while holding out his hand as Aiden took his seat.

"Hi, I'm Aiden. I hope we can be good friends" Dongho said returning the smile and shaked Kevin's hand. 

"So, I heard my friend Jason gave you a rose for Valentines day" Kevin winked.

"Oh you guys are friends? Yeah he did. He also took me out for some coffee" Aiden said smiling.

"Oh he did? That's cute. Hey, you can eat lunch with us today if you wan" Aiden smiled and nodded.

"Okay thanks"

"Ofcourse" Kevin said returning the smile. "So Why did they switch you into this class?"

"My test scores surpassed everyone else's in my other math class so they moved me here"

"That's cool. You must be pretty smart then. You can help me study!"

"Okay"

Kevin and Aiden talked through the whole class. Kevin learned that Aiden was actually manlier then he looks and Aiden learned Kevin was even girlier then he looked but they both liked eachother and got along very well. Soon the bell rang and it was time for lunch.

"Come on, I'll show you where we sit!" I told Aiden after we got our lunch. I took Aiden to the rooftop where Jason and Dongho were sitting enjoying their lunch.

"Hey guys, look who I brought!" Kevin cheered

"Oh hey Aiden" Dongho greeted

"Oh A-Aiden, hi" Jason was obviously nervous.

"Hey Jay" Aiden greeted taking a seat next to him.

"Jay?" Dongho and Kevin said in unison while giggling causing Jason to blush even more.

 "So are you guys dating?" Kevin asked while smirking. The two in questioning looked at eachother for a while then looked away while their faces turned red.

"Aw, they're so cute!" Dongho teased

"Yah! Stop teasing us!" Aiden pouted. Kevin and Dongho laughed for a bit but then ceased their teasing. While the 4 friends were conversing they all jumped in shock as the door slammed open.

"HEY GUYS~" Yoonji sang/screamed while walking through the door which Yoonji believed she accidentally broke, with Eli following behind her.

"Sup" Eli greeted cooly 

"Aiden! I was looking everywhere for you!" Yoonji said.

"Sorry, I wanted to eat lunch with Kevin and Jason today" 

"It's fine. Let me know beforehand next time okay?"

"Okay. I'm sorry"

"You two know each other?" Kevin questioned

"We're cousins" Yoonji said smiling

"Oh that's cool" I said while taking a chip and shoving it into my mouth.  "So I guess Jason might be your future cousin inlaw" Kevin said while chewing on the chip. Yoonjis eyes grew wide, facing her gaze to Jason, then to me, and finally on Aiden

" You two are dating?" Yoonji questioned pointing her 2 index fingers at Aiden and Jason.

"N-No, well I don't know" Jason said nervously

"Well not YET at least" Aiden added

"Not yet? What do you mean by not yet?" Yoonji said while smirking "Well either way I accept. Besides, Jason is pretty cute" Yoonji said while winking at Jason causing him to look away uncomfortably and everyone else besides Eli to laugh at his reaction.

"Yah! He's gay, don't make him uncomfortable!" Dongho said while laughing

"So are you! Mr. Future Woo!" Jason retorted causing everyone else besides Kevin and Eli to laugh even louder.

"And who said we were getting married?" Kevin said glaring. Everyone stopped laughing and looked at Kevin shocked. Dongho was a bit hurt. It's not like he wanted to get married or anything but it still hurt. Kevin noticed the awkward silence and quickly moved towards Dongho.

"We've only been dating for a couple days" Kevin said while leaning his head on Dongho's shoulder.

"Aw, you guys are so cute!" Yoonji cooed while taking a picture of the cute couple while Eli just looked away.

"Babe are you alright? You've been quiet this whole time" Yoonji said while rubbing Eli's back. Kevin looked at Eli worried that he made him feel uncomfortable. Eli noticed the worried Kevin and loosened up his nerves.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine" Eli said smiling. Lunch continued with laughs and jokes, and Kevin managed to scoot away from Dongho a little. He loved sitting next to Dongho but he didnt want Eli to get the wrong idea, well the right idea. The bell rang signaling lunch was over and it was time to go to your next class. Kevin and Dongho walked together since they had the same classes for the rest of the day.