Chapter 4

It Means Nothing

Kevin's POV

 

I woke up the next morning stretching my limbs while yawning. I hadn't slept so peacefully in a long time. Sleep always ran away from me and my thoughts always stayed behind keeping me awake, depriving my of my peaceful sleep. I looked at the clock on my nightstand and realized it was 6:00am, two hours before school started. Kevin felt so warm, safe, and loved, the only feeling he could get whenever he was close to Eli. Kevin was going to grab Mr. Teddy but instead found a sleeping figure beside him. At first he was scared but realized the peaceful feeling he was feeling came from this figure. Is Eli in my bed? How did he get here? When did he get here? The sleeping figure stirred a little causing Kevin to become stiff.  The boy turned around and pulled Kevin towards him. Kevin enjoyed the warmth but realized Eli would never cuddle with him like this. Then who was laying beside him? Kevin's heart began to race and his fear started to raise. Kevin slowly turned his head so he can see who was holding him so protectively. 

"Dongho?" Realization smacked him straight across the face. He had forgotten he asked Dongho to stay the night. Realizing this, Kevin scooted in closer to his embrace, enjoying the blissful feeling. Although Dongho was a bit smAller then him, he still managed to bury his face in his chest. Kevin let the peaceful feeling swallow him and fell into another peaceful slumber. 

 

"Hey babe" Kevin heard a familiar voice call from behind him. He turned to see Eli standing behind him. Kevin was a bit shocked. Is he talking to me? Kevin thought. Eli started to walk closer and closer to Kevin. Kevin just stood there not knowing what to do. Eli opened his arms inviting Kevin into his embrace but before he could accept his invitation, another figure took his place. He couldn't see the figures face but knew it was a girl seeing the long beautiful hair flowing down her back.

"I love you" the girl said

"I love you too Yooni" Kevin heard the annoying nickname come from Eli's mouth. He realized Eli wasn't calling for him, ofcourse not, he was calling for Yoonji.  Kevin ran away from the scene not wanting to see the couple continue in their acts of love. As Kevin was running, he saw a figure in the distance.

"Dongho?DONGHO!" Kevin called out. Dongho turned around smiling. Kevin was going to run into Dongho's embrace to feel the peaceful feeling overcome him but each step he took he felt himself grow farther away from him.

"Dongho!" Kevin called out in desperation seeing Dongho growing farther away. Kevin tried to run faster but that only made things worse. Eventually Kevin gave up after seeing Dongho had disappeared.

"Dongho! Dongho, where are you?" Kevin pleaded.

"" Kevin heard the familiar voice from earlier, his words stabbing into his heart. "Did you think I would never find out? Did you think you could hide it from me forever?" Kevin turned around coming face to face with Eli.

"Eli, how did you..." Kevin started but couldnt finish.

"You disgust me. Did you think I would leave Yoonji for someone like you? Dont kid yourself. Stop setting yourself up for failure" Kevin just looked at Eli with sad eyes. "No matter how hard you try, I will never love you" Eli said while    turning away from Kevin. Kevin tried to run after Eli but he just got farther and farther. Kevin kept running even when he lost sight of Eli.

"Eli! Eli! ELI!" Kevin screamed

"you idiot, do you really think he will ever leave me for you? We are going to get married and have kids." Kevin turned around but saw nobody. "You're going to lose him and there is nothing you can do about it. Just give up" the voice said mocking Kevin.

"Shut up!!" Kevin retorted not wanting to believe the voice

"He will  never love you" Yoonji said popping out of nowhere pulling out a knife Kevin didnt know she had. Kevin tried to run away but a force stopped him from going anywhere.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. He is" Yoonji said throwing the knife behind Kevin. He quickly turned around and saw Eli again. Eli walked closer and closer to Kevin.

"I never loved you! Your high pitched laugh, your fat ugly body, everything about you  annoys me!" Eli said harshly while tightening his grip on the knife.

"Eli please dont!" Kevin pleaded. Kevin was terrified of the Eli in front of him but his sadness overpowered his feelings of fear. "Why can't you love me like you love her? Why do I always have to be the sad one?!" Kevin asked out of frustration. To Kevin, it seemed as if he was always coming in last place, no matter how hard he tried, no matter how badly he wanted it, nothing would ever go his way.

"Because I hate you" Eli said smiling. Before Kevin had time to run away, Eli had stabbed him. Everything turned black and Kevin fell through the Earth into a bottomless pit.

 

"AAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" I screamed from the top of my lungs. I sat straight up from the bed breathing hard while crying. It was just a dream. Even if it was a dream it doesn't mean it wasn't true.

"Kevin? Kevin!" Dongho appeared in my doorway and ran towards me. "Kevin what's wrong? What happened?" Dongho asked worried. I couldn't answer him, or more like I didn't want to answer him. I didn't want to relive the hell I just went through. I started to cry even harder. My breathing became uneven. I was scared, sad, hurt, and heartbroken.

"It's okay now Kevin, please stop crying" Dongho said while pulling me into a comforting embrace. He rubbed my back trying to calm down while saying "It's okay, I'm here". I held onto Dongho tightly, searching for the safe feeling I felt from his body earlier. After crying for what seemed liked forever, I finally calmed down and just layed there snuggled up against Dongho's body. After a while, I looked up at Dongho and leaned in. I don't know what I'm doing right now but my body is moving on its own.  

"Kevin, wha-" I cut him off with a sweet kiss to the lips. It was a quick kiss but it was my first. Dongho looked at me with his jaw dropped and his fingertips resting on his lips. 

"K-Kevin.." Dongho said, cheeks turning red.

"I'm sorry, my body just acted on its own hehe" I said while rubbing the back of my neck.  Even though it wasn't intentional I still liked it. "You know...that was my first kiss" I said smiling.

"Mines too..." Dongho said, still shocked. 

"I'm sorry" I apologized.

"No it's fine! I kind of liked it..." Dongho said blushing. Now it was my turn to be shocked

"Oh" was all I said while smiling awkwardly. "Hey, do you want to go shopping or something? I forgot we had no school today"

 

 

 

A/N Hey guys! So in this chapter I used a bit of foreshadowing so you can have an idea of what might happen in the future! I hope you guys like the story so far. Please comment and subscribe, I really appreciate it!!<3