Holding On

It Means Nothing

A/n: Hey guys, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter, and please comment and tell me your thoughts <3

 

 

Holding On
It has been 3 months since Kevin has gone missing. The police have been searching and interrogating run down buildings, and people who were thought to have some sort of history with Kevin, but still had no clue or leads. Kevin's father has flown in from the States to help with the search as well. He rarely sleeps, and is always asking for updates. Unfortunately, the news are always the same. No leads, no clues, and it was extremely frustrating to everyone. Everyone who attended the same school as Kevin are worried for Kevin. Jason, Aiden, Yoonji, Eli, and Dongho posted missing posters all over Seoul to help with the search. They would always try their best to look for Kevin, but their short break was over, and they had to go back to school. Dongho would run home everyday, and ask his mother for any news about Kevin, but the answer was always the same.
"No, I'm sorry. I'm sure they'll find him soon". 
Dongho spent his days sitting near the phone, waiting for calls about Kevin, praying for Kevin's safety, crying himself to sleep, or just cry without getting any sleep. He'd always cuddle with Kevin's teddy bear, and cry silently in his room, begging for Kevin to just come home already. He would look at pictures of them that they had taken, wishing the boy was safe and alive. Aiden would spend his days crying in his room, blaming himself for not knowing the directions to Dongho's house, and Jason would try to comfort him, and get him to stop crying. Yoonji would cry also, and worry about her boyfriend who would never answer her calls or texts. He would almost never be home, and he stopped coming to school. No one would know where he would go, nor would Eli tell them anything. Eli would always go to a friends house, get wasted, stumble to the park, and cry silently. He missed his friend and also wished he was okay. Despite everything, Kevin was still an important part of his life, and he just wanted to see him again and apologize. Their last meeting was filled with angry words, and he didn't want his last memory of him to be a ty one. He would never be able to live with himself. 
Eli's POV
Kevin, why're you doing this to me? I thought I taught you how to protect yourself!! I thought you were smart. Strong. How could you go missing?! I just don't know what to do anymore, I can't take it. I miss my friend. My best friend. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for throwing you away, for treating you like a , for making you so unhappy. I don't care if you're gay anymore! I just want you to be safe. Please! If I ever see your face again, I'll be a changed man, I promise. I won't take our friendship for granted, I won't throw you away again, I won't leave you for Yoonji, I'll make time for you, I promise. Just come back home…
"Kevin…please be safe" I whispered as I sat on the swings, in the park me and Kevin always played at. 
Dongho's POV
"Dongho-ya! Open the door! Dinner is ready" my mother called from the other side of the door. I'm not hungry, but I don't feel like telling her that. She can figure it out herself. How can I allow myself to eat when Kevin is missing? I can't, and I won't!. I looked at a picture of me and Kevin on one of our dates in his phone. He looks so beautiful, so perfect, like an angle. His bright smile, his brown eyes, his soft lips…
My vision started to blur as tears started to roll down my cheeks. It feels like I'm half alive, because my other half is missing. It feels like I can't breathe most of the time, and all I can do is wait. That's all I can do, and it pisses me off. God, I'm begging you, please let Kevin be okay.…I'm so lonely without him. Those damn cops should get fired! Are they even ing trying?! My frustration rose as I tore at my room, breaking glass, punching holes in the wall, and tearing things apart. I collapsed to the floor and cried my eyes out. That has been my daily routine for a month now.
Aiden's POV 
This is all my fault. If I just remembered the way to Dongho's house, none of this would have happened! I'm such a horrible friend! Jason tells me it's not my fault, but still. None of this would have happened if I just remembered the way. I really hope Kevin is okay. 
"Babe, please stop crying" Jason begged.
"N-No! How(sniffle) am I supposed to stop(sniffle) crying when Kevin is still missing?! (Sniffle) It's all my fault!" I wailed, my tears just rolling down like an angry river. I buried my face in his chest and just let the tears flow.
"Everything is going to be alright okay?" Jason whispered as he rubbed my back.
"You said that 3 months ago…" I said as the tears continued to come.
Jason's POV 
Things seem to be getting worse and worse as the days pass by. Everyone is miserable, there are still no clues to where Kevin is at, our hope is dwindling, and everyone won't stop crying. Even kids at school shed a few tears for Kevin. He doesn't deserve this, so why is this happening to him?
No ones POV
The search has stretched as far as the country side but there still seems to be no sign of Kevin. Most detectives believe he is dead, but they still continue to search day and night for the angelic boy. Kevin's father is staying with a high school friend until he hears any news on Kevin's whereabouts. His family back in the states are extremely worried for him because he seems to be getting skinnier, and looks or sounds emotionless whenever they would contact him. Kevin's father had a lot of hope and believed that Kevin was still alive despite the words from some of the detectives. Kevin's mother however, is no where to be seen in these searches. She seemed to show no concern for her missing son. Ofcourse she still loved her son, but she just couldn't bring herself to accept him as a homoual. Dongho argues that she should at least show some concern. Of course Kevin's father is aware of his son's ual orientation. His ex-wife had told him over the phone, and how she couldn't take care of him, and that he has to live with his father now. Ms.r Woo honestly didn't mind that his son was gay. He still loved him very much, and questions his mothers love for him. That is why he offered his home to Kevin in the first place. He knew Kevin would have difficulties living with his mother, and also thought it was best if he moved in with him in the States. 
<3<3<3
Dongho was in his room, home alone, looking at a picture he and Kevin took together. His mother went grocery shopping while his father was still at work. Dongho was just staring at the smiling angle beside him, and he couldn't help but shed a few tears, thinking about Kevin. He suddenly sat up from his spot on his bed when he heard the house phone ring. He immediately dashed out of his room and down the stairs to where the phone was placed. He ran down the stairs praying in his head it was news on Kevin's whereabouts.
"Hello?!" He asked frantically through the phone.
"Hello sir, I was wondering if you would like to participate in our ser~" Dongho immediately hung up the phone and sunk to the floor looking at his hands. Not long after the room was filled with silent sobs. Dongho didn't know how long he could keep this up. He felt extremely lonely, and depressed. He didn't know how long he would last, but he would try for Kevin's sake. 
"Dongho, I'm home!" Mr.s Shin called out. She assumed that Dongho was still locked up in his room so she went upstairs to tell him to get ready for dinner. She noticed the door was wide open and took a look inside.
"Dongho?" She cooed peeking inside the room. She gasped when she looked inside the teenagers room. There were a number of wholes in the wall, clothes torn to shreds on the floor, and his alarm clock was lodged into the wall. The only things that seemed to be unharmed was Kevin's things in the corner of the room.
"My poor son…" she said sadly while starting to clean up the mess. She figured she would have to go shopping for Dongho's clothes. She was pretty sure if she gave him the money, he might just tear that up as well. Once the torn clothes and pillow cases were thrown away, she changed the bed covers, and places new pillow cases over the pillows. She also pulled the alarm clock out of the wall and placed it back on the nightstand. She calmly walked downstairs to get dinner started. She picked up the grocery bags she had left on the floor near the door and headed for the kitchen. She stopped in the living room once she saw her son kneeling on the floor silently sobbing. She sighed, walked in the kitchen, put the groceries down, walked back into the living room, and pulled Dongho into a loving embrace. She brushed the back of his head with her fingers, and rubbing Dongho's back trying to comfort him. It hurt her a lot to see her son like this. She was worried he might do something stupid to himself. She shooed him while placing loving kisses on his forehead. He just sat there crying into her shoulder feeling miserable. Mr.s Shin mentally prayed for Kevin to turn up soon. Of course she missed him as well. He was like another son to her.
Meanwhile, Yoonji was at her house trying to contact Eli again but he never answered his phone. Yoonji was really frustrated with her distant boyfriend and just decided to go look for him herself. She grabbed her cellphone and walked out the door. She went to their friends houses and all of them had no clue where he was. Yoonji was getting real tired of his . He's been acting like this ever since Kevin went missing. She was sad and missed her friend too, but she wasn't distancing herself from everyone! This is a time where you should cherish your loved ones, not push them away! Yoonji angrily pulled out her phone and sent Eli a text.
To: Eli
From: Yoonie
If you keep playing hide and seek with me, don't plan on talking to me ever again
Yoonji got a reply 10 minutes later and quickly read the text.
From: Babe
I'm at the park
Yoonji let out a frustrated sigh since she was a good 30 minute walk away from the park. She stuffed her phone back into her pocket and sped walk to the park. By the time Yoonji had reached the park, her frustration had subsided, and she was much more calm then she was before. She had walked a bit before she had finally spotting him sitting on the swing set. When she reached him she noticed that his face was filled with despair and he was to caught up in his own little world to notice her presence. She took a seat in the swing next to Eli and let out a tired sigh.
"We all miss him you know" Yoonji said looking at the sky above her. Eli kept quiet so she continued. "I know how you feel but isolating yourself won't help. We need to stick together and help each other through this" Eli finally turned his head to her but he kept quiet. He was too worn out to speak. Yoonji sat up from her swing and took a seat in Eli's lap. They stared into each others eyes for a long time.
"I really miss him" Eli said breaking the silence. Yoonji pulled him into a loving embrace as Eli cried onto her shoulder. I hope you turn up soon Kevin was Yoonji's last thought as she shooed a sobbing broken Eli.