Chapter 3

It Means Nothing

Kevin's POV

"Kevin, can we please talk.." Eli's voice sounded so weak and sad and the look in his eyes told me my assumptions were right. He looked up at me then Dongho then back down at the floor. His hands were closed into tight fists and he was biting his bottom lip. It hurt me to see him like this but I can't let myself let up now. I sighed, trying to make it sound like I was irritated, and placed my hands upon my hips.

"Why are you here? Who told you to come?"my own words were stinging me and Eli's sad eyes made me feel worse.

"Kevin please..." Eli pleaded. I sighed again and turned towards Dongho who was quite shocked with the weak Eli in front of him. He is so used to seeing the tough mean Eli.

"Dongho, can we hang out tomorrow?" Dongho looked at me and nodded

"Alright, don't forget, you're my valentine" Dongho hugged me goodbye and I smiled at him. After Dongho left I closed my door and sat on the bed next to Eli.

"Alright Eli talk" He sat there fiddling with his fingers. He took a deep breath and faced me

"I'm sorry for being mean to you today.....I'm also sorry for ditching you" Eli said looking at the floor. I knew he felt guilty for lashing out on me earlier.

"And...?" I said raising my eyebrows signaling for him to continue. He sighed and opened his mouth to speak

"I'm sorry for being mean to Jason" Eli said looking pained to say it. 

"You know sorry wont solve anything. If it did, I wouldn't be mad at you. I gave you chances and all you did was continue to ditch me for her. You'd make me wait for you and I'd end up walking alone. It feels like you don't even know me anymore. It feels like we're growing apart and I can't do anything about it. That's what makes me mad and sad the most!." I said feeling my anger rising and my guilt lowering. "This is exactly what I mean. You should know me better then this. I don't accept petty little apologies. Actions speak louder then words" I said glaring at him. Eli glared back at me and stood up in front of me.

"Kevin, you should know me better then this. Me being here and apologizing should be enough action for you. You know I'm not the most sentimental guy. You should know how hard this  is for me!" Eli said towering over me. He was right. Eli isn't the most sentimental guy out there. If anything, Eli is the least sentimental guy out there. It must be extremely hard for him right now and I was thinking that he was growing apart but it goes both ways. I looked up at him with blury vision.

"Come on Kevin, don't cry" Eli sighed. I just sat there staring at him, feeling the warm tears run down my face. "Kevin, you know I hate seeing you cry" Eli said more out of worry then anger. I laughed at myself for being so weak. My emotions just started to get heavier and heavier, and my eyes just started to get more watery. Eli sighed and sat back down next to me on the bed.

"Kevin...."

"......" 

"Kevin!"

"...."sniffle"..."

I couldn't say anything, all I could do was sit there and cry. Eli sighed and scooted over closer to me. He pulled me into his arms and I buried my face in his chest and cried while Eli soothingly played with my hair. It's a little weird but it always makes me feel relaxed when someone played with my hair. 

"Eli, I have something to tell you..." I said building up my courage. The moment feels right and I dont know if I can hide my feelings much longer. "I-I li~"

 

RING RING

"Oh hold on" Eli said answering his phone. "Hello?"

"Yeah"

"Okay"

"Right now?"

"No no, right now is perfect"

"Alright bye, love you" Eli hung up and smiled. "Hey Kevin, can we continue our talk later? Yoonji wants to meet up right now" I glared at Eli feeling my anger rise again. Is he an idiot, did this talk mean nothing to him?

"Leave" I whispered

"What?" Eli asked not hearing me the first time.

"I SAID LEAVE! OBVIOUSLY YOU WERE TALKING OUT YOUR WHEN YOU WERE APOLOGIZING! JUST LEAVE!" I screamed as I started to push Eli out my room. How could he just leave me like this, right after our talk about him leaving me for Yoonji, right when I was about to confess. What a waste.

"Kevin wait I~"

"Just shut up and go to your girlfriend" I said harshly while pushing Eli out the door and closing it afterwards. I quickly locked it and ran to my bed and started crying. I could hear Eli pounding on the door apologizing, telling me to open the door but I just tried my best to tune him out. Eventually the pounding stopped and I silently cried myself to sleep.

 

 

~One UKISS morning later~

 

 

I woke up the next morning forgetting all about what happened with Eli the day before. I went through my regular routine for the morning. As I double checked myself in the mirror, I headed downstairs for a quick breakfast. As I walked down the stairs, I smiled to myself remembering that I would be Dongho's valentine today."Kevin?" I heard my mother call from the kitchen

"Yes mom?" I responded

"Come here, Eli left something here for you yesterday. It's a letter!" my mother hollered. My smile faded into a frown as I remembered the incident with Eli. 

"Here" my mother said as I finally entered the same room. She handed me the letter and I read it over.

 

 

 

I really am an idiot aren't I? I'm sorry Kevin. Please dont stay mad at me for too long. I'll be waiting until you're ready to talk to me. I'm sorry    ;(

I scoffed at the letter before ripping it up into tiny little pieces. Does he think a stupid letter will make things better? I suddenly lost my appetite for breakfast and just settled for an apple. I pulled out my cell phone and decided to text Dongho.

 

To: Dongho

 

Hey valentine, wanna walk me to school? :3

 

 

From: Dongho

 

Ofcourse. I'll be in front of your house in 20 min <3

 

I smiled at Dongho's text and went up to my room to grab my ipod. I unplugged my ipod from it's charger on my dresser and scrolled through the large list of music it contained. I picked a random song and put the playlist on shuffle. I plopped onto my bed, listening to music, and waiting for Dongho to arrive. As I was singing along to my music, I saw my bedroom door open from the corner of my eye. I sat up to see who it was. I smiled and hugged the suspect.

"Hey Dongho, no flowers?" I said teasingly.

"Well actually..." Dongho started as he pulled a beautiful buquette from his back

"Aw, you didn't have to~" I said as I inhaled the heavenly scent the flowers were giving off. "Thank you, I love them!" I said as I hugged Dongho again.

"Shall we get going?" Dongho asked while putting out his arm for me to hold onto. I smiled.

"We shall" I said as linked my arm with his. Why can't Eli be more like Dongho? Before we left, I put the boquette in a pot and put it on my windowsill. 

"So what happened with you and Eli yesterday?" Dongho asked as we were making our way to school. I sighed not wanting to remember the incident.

"Nothing, Eli is still being an idiot.

"He looked really sad. I've never seen him look so vulnerable"

"Yeah yeah" I said while waving my hand trying to shoo the subject away. As Dongho and I walked through the school gates I spotted Eli and Yoonji. Yoonji met my eyes and started to walk over to us. I panicked, not wanting to talk to her. Right when I was about to leave Yoonji had already reached me

"Hey hyung, happy Valentines day" Yoonji said through a smile

"Yeah hey, happy Valentines day" I said with a fake smile.

"So do you have anything planned for today?" she politely asked

"Why?" I asked with fake curiosity

"Just asking because I wanted to know if you would like to spend the day with me and Eli" Yoonji's smile grew even bigger and I tried not to vomit. 

"Well actually,I was going to spend the day with Dongho. He's my valentine" Yoonji's eyes grew wide with shock but sooned returned to her happy smiley face

"Oh really? That's great! We can hang out together. You know, like a double date kind of thing" I franticly looked at Dongho who also seemed unpleased with the idea

"I don't kno-"

"Come on it will be fun!" Yoonji said cutting me off while dragging me and Dongho to where Eli was at.

"Hey babe, we're going to spend the day with Kevin and his valentine!" Yoonji said with a cheery voice. Eli looked shock and I returned the glance towards him

"It's just for fun. We aren't dating or anything...." Dongho spoke up. It felt extremely awkward and I wanted nothing more then to just get out of there. My palms started to become sweaty and I felt my mouth produce 2x as much saliva as it already was. 

"Y-yeah" I stuttered awkwardly, agreeing with Dongho. Eli stayed silent, he just simply nodded his head and I looked in many directions trying to find a route out of this suffocating awkwardness.

"Aw, that's no fun. I thought you two were a couple" Yoonji said while pouting.

"Yeah sorry, seems like we can't double date. Bye" I said trying to get out of there. I grabbed onto Dongho's hand and pulled him with me but I felt a hand on my shoulder, stopping me from walking away. 

"Wait, we can still hang out, right?" I looked at the hand on my shoulder and looked at the person holding me back. I felt my blood rushing to my cheeks. Why does Eli have such an effect on me. Get your hand off of me!.

"Y-yeah, I guess..." I felt stupid for stuttering. How embarrasing. Although I have to admit, i'm pretty happy Eli stopped me. 

"So where should we go?" I asked as we walked out of the school gates. Yoonji thought for a while then came to a conclusion.

"i know, we can go to an amusement park." 

"I love amusement parks!" I said while hopping excitedly. Yoonji laughed and started hopping as well.  As we were heading towards our destination we were talking about random stuff.

"So Kevin, is there anyone that you like?" Yoonji asked. Dongho and Eli both looked at me waiting for my answer.

"well umm, there is this one person i like" i admitted. Everyones eyes grew wide.

"But it will never work out. This person has eyes for someone else" I said while facing the floor beneath me 

"Aw, it's okay. You have Dongho" Yoonji said while giggling. 

"Yeah" Dongho said agreeing while putting an arm around me. I laughed and looked to the ground. As we neared our destination i realized that Eli has been quite the whole time. I looked up at Eli and as if he sensed me, he looked back. I looked at him asking if he was ok with my eyes. He nodded knowing what was on my mind.

"We're here!" Yoonji yelled happily. Yoonji grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the booth so we can pay for our tickets. We paid for our tickets and headed through the entrance. 

"Oh, let's ride that one!" I said pointing to a ride not far from us. 

"Yeah!" Yoonji agreed sounding just as excited. I grabbed Dongho's arm pulling him to the ride while Yoonji was behind me pulling Eli.  As we waited in line I felt my heart rate speed up and my palms get sweaty. I loved that feeling, adrenaline.  It was finally our turn to enter the ride. We occupied the first cart, i was sitting next to Dongho, and Eli next to Yoonji.

"Are you ready?" I asked turning to Dongho

"i'm a little nervous but I'll be fine" Dongho said while tightening his grip on the safety bar.

"Don't worry, you can always hold onto me if you get scared" I said while giggling. Dongho laughed along and the ride started. My adrenaline started to pick up and I tightened my grip on the safety bar in front of me. As the cart started to go up the high slope i realized it was much higher then I thought it would be. I gulped down my saliva as we were nearing the top. 

"Wow, it looks amazing up here" Dongho said taking in the scenery.

"y-yeah" I said not really caring for the scenery but more for my safety. We finally reached the top and I thought I was going to die of a heart attack. The coaster moved more and more over the edge and so were my nerves. As the cart dipped down the steep slope, i screamed and clung onto Dongho. I kept my face buried in Dongho's shoulder the whole time not realizing the ride ended. Dongho cupped the side of my face and spoke softly.

"It's alright Kevin, the ride is over" i looked up from Dongho's shoulder and saw that the ride has ended. I looked up at Dongho and let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank God" I unbuckled me seat belt, lifted the safety bar, and got out of the cart.

"How did I end up being the scared one?" I said while waiting for Dongho to climb out the cart.

"I dont know but you are more then welcome to cling on to my arm on the next ride" Dongho joked. I laughed and playfully hit his shoulder. 

"That was so fun!" Yoonji exclaimed joining us with Eli.

"Aw, that is so cute!" Yoonji squeeled looking at a picture of me clinging onto Dongho's arm on the rollercoaster. The day continued with laughs and screams and it was finally time for lunch.

"Come on Dongho, let's get the food" Yoonji said as we entered the food court.

"Alright, me and Eli will go save us a table" I said. We found a table and sat across from eachother. There was an awkward silence until I decided to speak up.

"Are you alright Eli?" You've been quite" I asked wondering why the noisy pigeon was quite.  

"It's nothing. So how long have you and Dongho been dating?"

"No, we're just fr-"

"We're back with food!" Yoonji said cutting me off and placing the food on the table with Dongho.

"Dig in" Yoonji said. I looked at Eli before putting a  french frie in my mouth. 

"Say ahh" I looked at Dongho holding up a frie dipped in ketchup. I looked at Eli who was looking away from the scene. 

"I have to use the bathroom" I said getting up from the table. As I walked away I heard Yoonji say "aahh" and take the frie in my place. I don't want Eli to get the wrong idea. I kind of got lost on my way to the bathroom but eventually found my way. I'm kind of glad I came to the bathroom because I always feel like I need to pee before going on rides. As I finished my business in the bathroom I checked myself in the mirror. After fixing my hair, I headed back but not before getting lost a couple of times. 

"There you are! Geez we thought you got kidnapped or something" Yoonji whined.

"I'm sorry, I kind of got lost on my way to the bathroom and back" I admitted

"Here, I saved you a burger!" Dongho said pushing a plate towards me which also had a little fries left.

"Thank you" I said as I began to eat my food.

After I finished my food we decided to play some games before going on the rides again so we could let our food digest. We played many games and I truly believe that 95% of them were rigged. 

"Congratulations, you may pick any prize you want" the man at the booth said congratulating Dongho on his win. Dongho pointed at a really cute panda bear, making me wish I had tried harder so I could be the one pointing at the cute stuffed animal. The man handed the panda to Dongho then Dongho handed the panda to me. I looked at him confused before realizing he won it for me.

"Thank you, but you didn't have to" I said blushing. It's cute he won a panda for me but why am I so nervous?

"Yeah but I wanted to! You are my valentine after all" Dongho said smiling.

" Thank you. I'll win you something next time" I said returning the smile and giving him a hug.

" Attention, the park will close in 30 minutes" a voice said over a loud speaker.

"Hey guys, lets ride the Ferris wheel before we go!" Yoonji said while heading towards the tallest ride here while we followed behind her. The line was really short since everyone was starting to leave.

"Kevin, lets ride this together. We haven't been able to ride one together yet" Yoonji said.

"Alright" I said smiling. I guess Dongho and Eli will be riding together. Awkward. Yoonji and I climbed into our seats and waited for the ride to begin.

" You know, this is my first time riding a Ferris wheel" I admitted 

"really? Well I'm glad your first time was with me" Yoonji said. That sounded weird. As we were heading closer and closer to the top I took in the beautiful view.

"Wow, the stars look amazing" I said in amazement. You rarely see the stars this well since the lights in Seoul are so bright.

"Kevin, I'm really sorry for being mean the other day on the roof. Honestly, I was just jealous. Eli always talks and worry a about you so I just got upset. I know I'm the reason why you and Eli rarely talk anymore, and I'm really sorry about that. I wanted to show you how nice and fun I could be today. I hope you don't think of me as a bad person or anything, and I really hope we can be great friends" Yoonji said. I was a bit shocked. I was wondering why Yoonji was being so friendly today. Maybe she is not so bad after all, maybe we can be good friends.

" I would like that" I said. Yoonji smiled and hugged me and I hugged her back.

After we left the park we were about to head our separate ways. Yoonji was going to walk home with Eli and I was going to walk home with Dongho.

"Kevin, Dongho, here's my number. Call or text me anytime you want" Me and Dongho both smiled, accepting the slip of paper that had her number on it, and left. Today turned out better then I thought. I had a lot of fun.

"Dongho, you want to sleep over tonight?"

 

 

A/N: Hey guys I'm sorry for not updating in a while. School has been keeping me really busy and I just didn't have the time. I came up with a great storyline and I think this is going to be the best fic I write. I really hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Please comment and subscribe.

Well bye :3 <3 ps. Sorry for any spelling errors. My laptop is acting up