Chapter 2

It Means Nothing

Kevin's POV

 

 

 

It was the last class of the day and I was sitting in my usual seat with Dongho and Jason. I was feeling a bit worried. What if Eli leaves me for Yoonji. I will not look like a fool and wait for him for an hour again. I mean I understand that he has a girlfriend now and it's normal to be together all the time but still, don't you have to make time for your friends? Or am I being a bad friend for not supporting their relationship? I let out a tired sigh and looked out the window. I wasn't really paying attention to the lesson anyway. Maybe I'm just being selfish, but still it's not fair! I've been liking him for so long now but I know I can never have him. I always raise my hopes up but I know deep down that I can never have him. But why does he have to pay attention to her? He never let his past girlfriends get in they way of our time together. I miss the old days when we would always be by each others side, always protect eachother, always told eachother everything, always had sleepover's every weekend. What happened? Eli's hormones happened. I don't know what to do. Eli is slipping out of my hands each day he dates Yoonji. It's all her fault! I gripped onto the side of my table tightly, trying to supress my anger. Eli is slipping away from me and I have to do something before I lose him comepletely.

"Hey guys, can you come with me to the school gates right after school? I want to catch Eli before he lives with that Yoonji girl" I said to Jason and Dongho. They looked confused but nodded their heads. I have to do something before it's too late. The bell finally rang and I practically ran to the gate while Jason and Dongho tried to keep up behind me.

"What are you planning to tell Eli anyway?" Dongho asked out of breath.

"I don't know, but I won't let that girl steal my bestfriend" I said. I saw Eli and walked up to him. I don't know why but just looking at Eli made me angry.

" Okay Eli, tell me now so I don't have to wait. Are you going to be walking with me or yoonji?" I asked getting straight to the point.

"Urrgghhh~ I'm kind of walking with Yooni" I wasn't surprised but was still hurt by his answer. I was so sad but furious at the same time. I just wanted to argue with him and tell him he should just break up with Yoonji and stop ditching me for her so we can go back to how it used to be. I wanted to but I couldn't, it was so frustrating. I just smiled to hide my emotions.

"Okay" I said with a fake smile which I knew Eli would see through and started walking back towards my friends.

"Wait what? You're not mad?" Eli asked. I mentally face palmed myself. What an idiot. It hurt even more to see that Eli wasn't able to read me anymore like he did so effortlessly in the past.

"No Eli, I'm furious but it's okay because from now on I'm going to be walking with Jason and Dongho. Oh, same for the mornings. Now you can spend your whole day with your Yooni" I said as I continued to walk back to my 2 friends. I'm so pissed right now it's not even funny.

"Kevin...." I ignored his call. He grabbed my shoulder and turned me around so I was facing him.

"Kevin wait, I'm sorry! I'll walk with you today" I looked at him. Maybe he isn't so far as I thought. I smirked at the thought,

"Let's go then" I said as I was walking towards my friends to say goodbye. I hugged Dongho and pinched Jason's cheek. I turned to Eli and took his hand and walked off. I knew he felt uncomfortable by the way his body tensed up a little but I didn't care. I was being selfish. He loosened up a little and it made me smile. It should be like this all the time. I should be the one holding Eli's hand not her. I should be the one kissing Eli not her. I should be the one Eli focuses on not her!. I looked to the turn up ahead that me and Eli are supposed to take but I walked passed it. I want this to last just a little longer.

"Ugh Kevin? We were kind of supposed to turn back there" Eli said confused. I want this to last a little longer.

"We are going to the park. We need to talk" I said. I always took Eli to the park when I was upset when we were kids and he would always comfort me. I remember a familiar situation happened to us in the past and I told Eli to break up with the girl he was dating at the time and to my surprise he actually listened! I was so happy. Maybe if I do it again he'll listen and things will go back to normal. The thought made me so happy but something felt like it was missing. I looked back at Eli and then down to our hands. Eli took his hand out of mine. There I go raising my hopes again. Maybe he wont break up with her. Sadness took over my body again but I wont allow it to show. Hopefully Eli will see through it and comfort me! I smiled feeling some hope come back to me. I felt Eli put his hand back in mine but when I looked into his eyes I could see. I could see that Eli felt guilt and pitied me. He didn't want to hold my hand, he just felt bad. My sadness returned. I pulled away feeling a bit mad.

"Kev-" Eli started but I cut him off.

"Don't hold it" I said emotionlessly, trying to hide what I really was feeling. Sadness,anger,loss.....

"We're here" I said as we finally reached our destination. I walked to the swings and sat down and looked to the floor. I was going to break any minute now but I can't let Eli see it. Eli sat in the swing next to mine. He looked worried. Seeing that made me a little happier. Maybe he can still read me like a book like he used to!

"Yeah just perfect" I said still hiding my emotions. You know don't you? You know that I'm not "Just perfect" and that I'm really breaking into tiny pieces.

"Kevin, can you stop talking like that. You're making it hard for me to read you." Okay maybe you don't know. I looked at him blankly and looked back down. I don't know how longer I will last before I break down, I need to make this quick. Our relationship is fading to the point where we don't even know each other anymore.

"That's the point. I'm going to make this quick. I don't like Yoonji, I want you to break up with her. I also want you to stop making fun of Jason" This made Eli laugh causing me to come closer to my breaking point. Maybe I did lose him after all.

"Ok well that's not going to happen" I looked at Eli and then looked away. Tears were forming in my eyes and I was praying Eli wouldn't notice. It stayed quite for a while. I need to get out of here. I sat up.

"Well I should get going" I walked off and Eli followed behind me. When we reached my house I didn't even say bye. Eli being the idiot he is, didn't notice I was silently crying the whole time. I just walked up straight to my room and cried myself to sleep.

<3<3<3

It has been three weeks since I last talked to Eli. He has been trying to talk to me but I ignored him every single time. I know I may be acting ridiculous right now but I don't care. I can't take it anymore. During lunch Eli tried another futile attempt to talk to me but again I ignored him.

"Kevin come on, please tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it?"Eli pleaded. This is how it always starts. I know you guys might be confused and ask questions like" Isn't this what you wanted? He is finally giving you the attention you wanted" Yeah well just wait and you'll see why. I continue to ignore him and I mentally count to 3. Right on cue, Eli lets out a frustrated sigh

"Fine Kevin. If you want to be gay with them, then go ahead. I don't know why I keep trying to be friends with gay trash like you!"

Yeah that stung, it hurts everytime but I don't let anyone see. I just sit there and keep quiet until he leaves. I know Eli has a temper but that doesn't mean he can talk to me like that. Dongho and Jason does the same thing every time and asks me if I'm okay. I just tell them I'm fine and we head to class. As I turned a corner in the hallway I trip over something. I look up to see a group of boys surround me. Dongho quickly ran up to my side and helped me up.

"Are you okay hyung?" Dongho asked with worry written all over his face.

"Yes I'm fine" I said as I dusted myself off. 

"Oh, did our little Kevin get hurt? I should watch where I put my feet next time" the boy who obviously was the one who tripped me said sarcastically. I just glared at him.

"Come on, let's get to class" I said to Jason and Dongho as I started to walk off.

"Where do you think you're going?" The same boy asked grabbing onto my shoulder and spinning me around to face him.

"Just leave him alone" Jason said taking a step towards the boy. The boy scoffed and closed the distance between the two of them.

"Seems like the gay boy is stepping up for you" the boy said to me then turning his head back to Jason. "What are you going to do if I dont?" The boy said menacingly. Jason nervously bit his lip. I know Jason was scared. He really doesn't do well in these situations. I even was surprised when he stepped up for me.

"Yeah, that's what I thought" the boy scoffed but not before pushing Jason to the floor.

"Jason!" Dongho exclaimed. He ran to Jason and helped him up. The boy scoffed and muttered "fags". I was really mad at this point. I saw the boy walk towards Dongho and lift his arm to swing at him. I acted quickly and grabbed his wrist before his fist was able to connect with Dongho's jaw.

"Don't touch my friends!" I spat through clenched teeth. The boy looked at me with wide eyes and scoffed.

"Oh, seems like we have a tough guy here" the boy said wripping his arm out of my grasp 

"Fine I'll leave you guys alone" the boy said turning around. I saw the boy clench his fist. The boy turned back towards me and tried to punch me but I already saw it coming. I moved to the side and grabbed onto his wrist with one hand and elbowed his face with my right arm. The boy stumbled back clenching his nose. Blood leaked through his fingers causing me to smirk. Another boy from his group walked up towards me raising his fist. I swung my hand in a circular motion to shove his fist out of the way and uppercuted his chin causing him to stumble back with the boy from earlier. The other boys in their group looked at me with wide eyes. They grabbed the two injured boys and ran off. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, turning back to the others.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked looking back at Jason and Dongho. Dongho nodded and smiled but Jason just looked at the ground. 

"Jason?" I asked with concern but before I could ask him if he was alright, the bell rung and he ran to class. Me and Dongho just looked in the direction Jason ran off in and sighed.

 

                                                                                        <3<3<3

It was now the last day of school and I took my seat in between Dongho and Jason. I looked towards Jason and tapped his shoulder. He looked at me and I half-smiled. 

"Are you alright? You ran off after lunch. I was worried" Jason put on a smile bigger then my own

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it" he said as he ruffled my hair. I smiled back and looked towards the teacher who was now starting the class. The bell finally rang and I headed out of class along with Jason and Dongho. I was walking in the hall and looked at the poster hanging in the hallway. It was a poster for valentines day. 

"Buy a rose for your beloved on valentines day, only $5" Dongho read aloud.

"Ew, another year alone" I sighed.

"I have someone I want to buy a rose for...."Dongho said seductively as he held onto my hand. I giggled and leaned on his shoulder. 

" I do to..." Jason said. Me and head jerked our heads to Jason.

"WHO?!?!" We both asked in unison. 

"Aiden.." He said softly

"The new kid? He looks cute" I said winking. Jason blushed and looked to the floor. Jason departed ways from me and Dongho at the school gate.

"I wish Jason lived near us" I said disappointed.

"Yeah.." Dongho agreed.

"Do you want to come over today?" I asked grabbing Donghos's arm and putting it around my neck. He smiled

"Of course"

Me and Dongho finally reached my house. We took off our shoes and headed upstairs towards my room

"Kevin is that you? Eli came over, he is in your room!' I heard my mom shout from downstairs but it was to late. I was already in my room with Dongho glaring at Eli who was sitting on my bed with all my stuffed animals.

"Why are you here, don't you have a girlfriend to be with?" I said coldly. Eli gulped and looked at me with sad eyes. At that moment, I wanted to run up to him and hug him and apologize but I forced myself to look mad.

"Kevin, can we please talk?"

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys, I know I haven't updated in a while and I'm very sorry. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. I'll try and update tomorrow for valentines day. Oh by the way, if you haven't noticed SujuUKissLover's character Aiden was mentioned here^_^ . She is a great writer and I recommend you read her stories. Thanks again Suju :)