NOT AN UPDATE!

It Means Nothing

LOL Jkay!

 

 

 

Eli's eyes shot open and sprinted up the stairs nearly making Mr.s Shin fall down the stairs. He didn't have any time to feel any remorse as he stopped dead in his tracks. Standing in front of him was the most important person in his life whom he hasn't seen or heard from in a year, and he regretted throwing him away so much that he couldn't describe the feelings with words. He just knows that he'll never throw away someone so precious ever again. He was shocked, nervous, relieved, and genuinely happy to see his best friend again. 
"Kevin" Eli whispered.
"E-Eli" Kevin stammered, the shock of seeing Eli of all people run up the stairs caught him off guard. He wasn't expecting to see him here but he wasn't complaining either. A small smile made its way on Kevin's face as Eli brought Kevin into a tight embrace. Kevin missed the feeling of Eli's strong muscular arms wrapping him in a warm hug. He wrapped his arms around the slightly shorter male and rested his head on the older boys shoulder.
"I was so worried about you" Eli choked out. He sounded so fragile that it nearly broke Kevin's heart.
"I-" Kevin started but stopped as he felt the warmth around him being pulled away.
"Yah, what are you doing? We're supposed to be getting him to the hospital!" Dongho fumed as he pulled Eli away from a slightly shocked Kevin and grabbed the boys hand and led him downstairs. 
"Ok Mom, lets go" Dongho said from the front door as he slipped into his shoes, his hand never leaving Kevin's.
"Dongho…" Kevin said with a soft smile. Dongho looked up at his hyung, suddenly feeling like a D-bag for just dragging Kevin around like that.
"I'm sorry" Dongho whispered as he looked into Kevin's bright eyes.
"What kind of greeting is that? Aren't you going to give me a hug? Jerk" Kevin teased, his bright smile making Dongho's knees feel week. Dongho instantly returned the smile and engulfed the older boy in a bear hug.
"I missed you so much, you don't know how happy I am to know that you're safe again" Dongho spoke into Kevin's hair. 
"I missed you too" Kevin said as he returned the hug, the smile never leaving his face.
"Come on kids, we should get going" Mr.s Shin urged. The two boys released their hold on each other and walked out the door. 
"Where's Luhan?" Kevin asked remembering the other males existence. 
"Who?" Dongho asked confused.
"I'm right here!" Luhan beamed as he made his way to Kevin from the house. 
"How're you feeling?" Luhan asked as he finally reached Kevin.
"Fine" Kevin smiled. The three boys jumped in surprise when the heard a loud honking sound coming from Mr.s Shin's car.
"Hurry up kids!" 
"Hello, we would like to have a check-up" Mr.s Shin said to the receptionist. 
"Please fill out this form, you'll be called as soon as the docter is available" 
Mr.s Shin bowed in gratitude and walked away to fill out the form and wait for Kevin's name to be called. They ended up waiting for 2 hours.
"Kevin Woo" Kevin stood up and walked over to the nurse who was waiting by a door wearing a polite smile. 
"I'm sorry for the long wait, we're very busy today" the nurse said apologetically as she led the way to a small room.
"Remove your shoes and step on the scale please" the nurse instructed politely. Kevin complied taking off his shoes and stepped onto the scale. She recorded the results and instructed Kevin to step against the height measuring thingy( I don't know, I'm not a docter. Jeez get off my case) and recorded the results. 
"Okay, take a seat and pull your sleeve up for me please" Kevin did as he was told while the nurse wrapped some device around his arm.
"I'm checking your blood pressure" the nurse smiled.
"Okay" Kevin said returning the smile. 
"Can you tell me your phone number and address please?" The nurse asked.
"Oh um…" Kevin let out a nervous laugh "I actually don't have an address per say" Kevin said nervously. 
"Oh, is there a number or address you can give us?" the nurse asked but was met with silence.
"How about you go call your mother from the waiting room" the nurse suggested. Kevin didn't even try to say that Mr.s Shin was not his mother because, well he didn't know why actually. Maybe he didn't want others to know that his own mother didn't love him.
"Um Mr.s Shin, the nurse wants to speak with you" Kevin called from the door leading to all the check-up rooms. Everyone in the waiting room, including Eli and Yoonji(when did they get here?, Kevin thought) sent Kevin worried looks. Kevin tried to reassure them with a bright smile.
"She just wants to talk to you" Kevin tried to reassure but failed. Mr.s Shin stood up from her seat and followed Kevin back to the nurse. 
"You are his mother?" the nurse asked. The nurse had thought that Mr.s Shin was Kevin's mother but now that she had a closer look, they looked nothing alike. Before Kevin could say anything, Mr.s Shin answered with an immediate "Yes" while receiving a skeptical look from the nurse.
"He lives under my roof and I love him like he were my own, so yes I am the mother" the nurse smiled and nodded. 
"Then may I ask for your address and phone number so can contact you with any news concerning Kevin?" 
"Ofcourse" Mr.s Shin said while relaying said information. Kevin looked back and forth between the nurse and Mr.s Shin and couldn't help the feeling in his chest. He was so grateful towards Mr.s Shin for taking care of him as if he were her own son; she really did feel like another mother to him, but couldn't help but wish it was his ACTUAL mother giving the nurse THEIR address and phone number. Kevin bit down on his inner cheek in a failed attempt to hold back his tears. He couldn't help it though, it hasn't even been a day since his mother sent him away. Again. He just wished it was his mother who cared for him, does being gay really mean you can't love your own son? Mr.s Shin took quick notice of the tears and took Kevin into her arms while shushing him and rubbing his back in a comforting motion. The nurse smiled and stepped out of the room giving them some privacy. As soon as Kevin heard the door close behind the nurse he broke down and sobbed on Mr.s Shin's shoulder. Mr. Shin pulled him in closer and continued to shush him and say "I'm here".
"Thank you so much" Kevin said through sobs. "I'm sorry for crying like this. It's just, I wish my mother were here" Kevin said as he continued to cry.
"I know Kevin, I know. Everything is going to be okay"
They walked back to the waiting room after Kevin had stopped crying. The nurse gave Kevin a sad smile as she passed them in the halls. Mr.s Shin took her seat, and everyone looked up at Kevin expectantly when he remained standing. 
"I'm going to go out for some air" Kevin said and added a smile when they all gave him worried looks.
"I'll let you know when they call for you sweetie" Mr.s Shin said and Kevin smiled in gratitude. Kevin took a seat on a bench situated outside the hospital. Kevin let out a long breathe as he felt the cool night air hit his body. He just needed some air. Kevin turned his attention to a little boy who was crying down the sidewalk. Kevin walked up to him cautiously, looking around for the boys parents but saw no adults around. 
"Are you alright? Why are you crying?" Kevin asked in a soft voice as he knelt in front of the boy. The little boy sniffled and looked up at Kevin with big puppy eyes. Kevin had to restrain himself from squishing the out of the boys cheek.
"I-I t-t-tried t-to l-look for t-the p-potty and n-now I'm lost! I d-don't know where m-my U-Umma is!" Kevin sweared this is the most adorably sad boy he's ever seen.
"Shhh, it's going to be okay. Where did you last see your Umma?" Kevin asked with a soft smile. The boy sniffled again while wiping the tears away from his adorable puppy eyes. 
"Umma took me to go see Mr. Clown today because I was a good boy today. Umma even bought me a happy meal and it came with a toy! See?" The boy lifted his arm to reveal a cute puppy doll with a McDonalds necklace around its neck. Kevin smiled to see the boy in a happier mood now.
"Wow, I wish I had a toy like that!" Kevin beamed while ruffling the boys hair. The boy let out the most adorable giggle and showcased a bright smile with some missing teeth. 
"Come on, I think I know where your Umma is" Kevin said as he held out his hand for the little boy to take. The boy smiled and grabbed for Kevin's hand as he lead the way. 
"How did this boy end up from McDonalds to the hospital looking for the bathroom?" Kevin thought giggling to himself. Kevin walked down a long road leading to a nearby McDonalds. 
"Umma!" The boy exclaimed running up to a distressed looking male with the most captivating feline like eyes. Kevin walked up to the pair with a soft smile.
"Yogguen-ah! Where were you?! I was worried sick!" The distressed male said pulling the little boy into his arms. 
"I'm sorry Umma, I was looking for the potty and got lost. This man helped me find you" the little boy said pointing towards Kevin. 
The male looked at Kevin curiously.
"Thank you" the male said as he placed a kiss on the boys forehead. 
"No problem, he's the cutest thing I've ever seen" 
"Isn't he?" The male said as he stared at the boy lovingly.
"Can I play in the playground Umma? Pwease?" The boy said with the most adorable puppy eyes. "He's so cute!" Kevin thought as he suppressed a squeal.
"I'm going to kill your father for teaching you that. Only for 10 minutes okay?" The feline eyed male said. The boy nodded excitedly. 
"Okay! Can he stay too?" The boy said pointing at Kevin again. 
The feline eyed male smiled.
"Only if he wants to"
"Can you stay? Please?" Damn those puppy eyes!
"Only for a little" Kevin smiled.
"My name is Key by the way" the feline eyed male said while holding out his hand. They were currently sitting on bench while little Yoggeun was playing on the playground. 
"Kevin" Kevin smiled while shaking Keys hand. "So, your the Umma?" Kevin asked with a smirk. 
"His fathers mistress is the real mom but I've been there most of his life playing the mother role" Key sighed "I'm not complaining though, he drives me insane sometimes but I love him to death" Key smiled lovingly. 
"I'm sorry to hear that but glad to hear he has a loving mother figure. There isn't enough of those nowadays" Kevin sighed. 
"Not enough father figures either" Key grumbled. 
"Is the father not around?" Kevin asked sadly. 
"He's confused right now. He claims he's a man but doesn't even know what he wants or knows how to be a good father for his son. He's been keeping my a secret the whole 2 years we've been together. Yoggeun's mother was never around and I've been taking care of him even before me and Jonghyun got together. I was able to handle being a secret, I tried to see things from his point of view you know? But it still hurt sometimes. I just found out today that he has been cheating on me with some he works with. I packed our things and left. I should have known all those nights he was working late, he was actually ing someone else instead of tucking his son in at night, or take him to school in the mornings, or anything. I'm stupid for sticking around for so long. I'm sorry, I'm ranting like some whiny " Kibum sighed while flicking a hand in the air.
"No, it's okay. I'm really sad to hear all that" Kevin said with a sad smile.
"Yeah, I just can't wait for that dog to beg for me to come back" Kibum scoffed "he's going to regret cheating on me! Do you know how many people want to be with me?!" Key exclaimed dramatically. Kevin chuckled and shook his head. 
"I don't even care about all that though, I just want to take care of my son. He means so much to me. men, it's just me and Yoggeun"
"You seem like a great mother" Kevin comforted. Key smiled and went back to stare lovingly at the boy who was now in the ball pit. 
"Well I should be going now, I really hope everything works out for the best" Kevin smiled while getting up from his seat. 
"Thank you, we should hang out sometime! You seem pretty cool" Key smiled.
"Yeah, give me your number and I'll text you" Kevin smiled
"Sure, give me your phone" Key said holding out his hand. 
Kevin let out a dry laugh
"I actually don't have a phone at the moment" Kevin said a little embarrassed. Key let out a low chuckle before looking through his bag pulling out a pen and paper. He scribbled his number on it and handed it to Kevin with a friendly smile. 
"Just text me whenever you get a phone" Kevin smiled and took the paper. Kevin said goodbye to a now sad Yoggeun and made his way back to the hospital. When Kevin reached the hospital he was nearly tackled to the floor.
"E-Eli? What's wrong?" Kevin asked shocked by the sudden embrace.
"I was so worried Kevin! Where the hell did you go?! Don't scare me like that ever again!" Eli exclaimed as he tightened his hold on Kevin. Kevin smiled and returned the hug.
"I'm sorry for worrying you hyung. I'm safe"
"Please don't sneak off like that ever again" Eli said in a begging tone that caught Kevin off guard. Eli seems to have that effect on him today but he isn't complaining. 
"I won't, I promise" Kevin whispered. Eli broke away a few moments later and tugged at Kevin's hand with his own.
"Come on, the docter called you in a while ago"
~One awkward physical later~
"Well everything seems to be just fine. I will just prescribe you some ointment for your bottom(docters prescribe ointment right?) and you should be fine" the docter smiled. Kevin let out a heavy sigh of relief. He was so scared he had caught a disease or something.
"Thank you so much Docter" Kevin bowed.
"Just doing my job" the docter said lightly tapping the boys shoulder, soft smile on his lips. Kevin relayed the good news to everyone in the living room and everyone brought Kevin into a group hug. Kevin was surprised to hear all of them crying, but couldn't help the tears that left his eyes as well. Although nobody besides Mr.s Shin and Luhan knew about the specifics about Kevin's disappearance, it wasn't that hard to figure out when he was asked for blood and urine tests. 
"I knew you'd be fine" Luhan smiled after pulling away.
"I'm so relieved" Yoonji sighed 
"I agree with Yoonji" Mr.s Shin smiled. 
"You're safe now Kevin" Dongho said pulling Kevin into another hug. Kevin smiled and returned the hug.
"I am" Kevin agreed. Kevin pulled away from the hug and looked at Eli who was staring at the ground so intently with his fists clenched. His body was shaking and people would think he looked pissed off.
"We'll wait for you two in the parking lot" Mr.s Shin said while leading the others out of the hospital.
"Eli?" Kevin asked hesitantly. Without receiving an answer from the other male, Kevin hesitantly took a step closer towards the other. 
"Eli, what's-"
"It's all my fault" Eli whispered
"What?" Kevin asked even though he heard him well.
"If I never started to act like an , I would have been there. I would have protected you but I wasn't there; I couldn't protect you. What kind of best friend am I?" Eli continued in a whisper.
"Where is all this coming from Eli? Of course it isn't your fault!" Kevin exclaimed shaking the others shoulders.
"Eli look at me!" Kevin demanded but the older boy didn't budge. "Eli please look at me" Kevin said a bit softer. Eli hesitantly looked up and locked eyes with Kevin. Eli's eyes were filled with pain, regret, fear, and sadness. It broke Kevin's heart to see him like this.
"Eli listen to me, this isn't your fault. Nobody knew this was going to happen to me. Anything could have happened but I seemed to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Please don't blame yourself because none of this is your fault okay?" Kevin demanded. 
"But…" 
"Damn it Eli, I said okay?!"
"Okay" Kevin smiled and pulled Eli into a hug.
"I missed you Kevin"
"I missed you too Eli"
A/n Sorry not sorry for the random Key appearance. I don't even know what he's doing in this chapter but oh well, I might add him to the story too. I was reading this over and I was like wow, my story . Thanks to all the people who subscribe and comment anyway! <3 please don't be silent readers and be sure to comment! Please? Ok bye^^