Chapter 8: Nuno o Kulam??

DARE ME!!!

It’s almost Sunday… Gerald was counting down the days of the wedding.. He was excited to see Kim back on that pink gown…

Wala pa rin syang paltos …para na siyang isa sa mga ampon ni Auntie Pokie… he would eat breakfast with them in Kim’s house… He was happy to found a second family…aside from his own family that he couldn’t even hardly see… It’s strange how he can see Auntie Pokie who is not even Kim’s biological Mom would treat her like her own…while his own mom hardly called on his cp to check on him… But it’s ok… she’s probably busy in Tokyo right now doing her 5 months business trip.. While his dad was busy working on Subic… Well.. The good side of It is that ……He found Auntie Pokie… He found Kim..

It was Saturday… there’s no excuse of going to Kim’s house….. He played basketball…he played his x-box….he tried to read some books… even tried to swim…but the urge of wanting to see Kim was getting bigger… It’s 12 noon… lunch time…Ano kaya ang ulam nila?? Masarap siguro… Ano kaya ang ginagawa nila Matt and Mel?? nag aaway na naman siguro… Ano kaya ang itsura ni Kim ngayon?? Baka sinusukat yung gown!! UHOH…SINUSUKAT?? He hurried on the shower …took his barong tagalog off the closet…..and headed to Kim’s house…. Alibi lang ito….atleast he have an excuse…he will ask Auntie Pokie’s opinion regarding his barong…

On the other hand….

Kim was disappointed …..she was expecting to found Gerald cooking in their kitchen this morning… Malungkot ang Umagahan…walang makulit… OO nga pala…Saturday… ano nga naman ang gagawin ng lalaking yun dito… she was washing the dishes when she notice the finger that was wounded 4 days ago….it’s almost gone… she remembered Gerald giving a kiss on her finger… It did get better!! She smiled…

Her, Matt and Mel decided to do their dare that day… It’s eating a dead dog day…. It’s Matt’s idea…. Her and Mel didn’t like the idea… Mel is a pet lover… while she just couldn’t imagine herself eating the poor dog…

“Sige na…kain na!!”.. Utos ni Matt…giving a wicked smile…

Mel was frowning…”Ano bang Luto ito?”..she asked…

“Kalderetang dog!!”.. he answered…

“Kawawa naman itong asong ito!”.. kim said…

“Kakainin nyo ba iyan… o ipapanalangin nyo ang kaluluwa niyang asong yan?!”…Matt made a sign of the cross… and start praying loudly.. “Doggy…kung saan ka man ngayon..sana manahimik ka na… at sana masarap ka….at walang hepa!! AMEN!”..

Binatukan sya ni Mel…”Ikaw puro ka kalokohan… di ka na naawa sa aso!! Yoko niyan! Manghahalik na lang ako!!”… tinabig ni Mel palayo ang plato…

“Teka!!”.. Matt stopped her…”Di ka na mabiro…” He was alarmed when Mel gave up on the dare… Mel hardly said No to any dare…. Tapos manghahalik pa!! “Mel…kung gusto mo…palitan na natin yung dare…”…he offered…

Kim was about to agree……but Mel said no… “Dare is a dare… at di ko nagawa…kaya I’m going to do the consequence..I’ll kiss someone!!”.. she said…

Matt was upset… “O sige…di ko na rin gagawin yung dare… di ko rin kaya!!”.. he said… “Manghahalik na lang din ako!!”…

Mel gave him a sharp look….

“Teka… kung ikaw manghahalik… ako din manghahalik!!”… he said.. Crossing his hands across his chest…

Kim watch the two.. Sabi ko na eh… may nangyayari sa dalawang ito… she smiled… “Since suko kayo… ako din.. Di ko matake kumain ng askal.. Baka mamaya may hepa nga iyan… saka naiimagine ko yung pobreng aso..nagmamakaawa!! Kaya manghahalik na lang din ako!!”.. she said…

Mel starts to walk away… followed by Matt… both upset… while Kim was trying to find a way for the two the get along… “aahh… teka…bakit di na lang kayong dalawa ang maghalikan… since pareho kayong umayaw?!”

Mel look at Matt… “Yoko nga!!”..

Matt looks hurt on Mels’ replied… “Yabang nito!! Eh di wag!!”…he said…

Kim tapped Matt’s shoulder…”kaya mo bang makita si Mel na iba ang kahalikan?”..

Matt stops… he was trying to picture it…Mel kissing other guy..”Teka Mel…”..

Mel stops walking and face Matt…but to all their surprise…Matt grabbed Mel on back of her head…and pulled her ….. It was like watching those love story in soap operas… Kim was satisfied ….and starts walking home… she left the two lovers with themselves….

Siya kaya…. Kelan kaya darating yung pwede sa kanya….yung semi-normal..katulad nila Mel and Matt… bagay sila…kasi magkatulad sila…. Di katulad nila ni Gerald…. Gerald na naman!! Ang hirap talagang burahin ang taong yon sa utak ko… may gayuma yata yon eh!!

Papasok na siya ng bahay ng marinig niya si Mel na tinatawag siya… “Kim.!! Bakit mo kami iniwan!!”…

She smiled… “Anong gusto mong gawin ko don… panoorin kayo!”

Mel blushed…. “Eh teka nga… ikaw din ah… Madaya ka… sinong hahalikan mo?”…

Kim was about to say something when she heard a familiar voice…

“Hahalikan sino?”…Gerald asked… He’s been waiting for hours now… When he arrived and found out that Kims not home…gusto niyang hanapin ito at pauwiin… He heard her voice…kaya nagmadali syang lumabas…when he heard their conversation…

“Anong ginagawa mo dito?”… Kim’s heart start jumping around inside her chest… she placed her hands in the wall ..she needed some strength at that minute… Kanina nya pa iniisip ang lalaking ito..nandito lang pala sa bahay nila…

“Pinapaayos ko yung barong ko kay Auntie…. Now…what about the kiss?”….he asked…

“Kasi lahat kami natalo sa dare…. So may utang si Kim ng isang halik!!”.. si Matt… “SO sino ang bibiktimahin mo ngayon!”..tanong nito habang umaakbay kay Mel…

“Heh!! Tumigil ka dyan ha!! Palibhasa nag-enjoy ka!! Kaya ako ang pinupuntirya mo!!”…..she replied to Matt…

“Manghahalik ka na naman?”… Gerald frowning…. Hindi nya yata gusto ang tema ng usapan… si kim manghahalik ng ibang lalake…. “Ano ba naman kasing dare yan ?”..

“Kakain ng askal!”… si Mel…

“So sino ang bago mong biktima?”…tanong ulit ni Matt…

Kim look around…. May tambay na nagiinuman…. May mga batang nagbabasketball… may mga teenager na lalaking nakatambay sa tindahan na mukhang mga nakadrugs…. “eh wala namng matino dito eh… buk…mmmmmmmmmmm mm”… she couldn’t finish her words….

Gerald was going crazy just thinking about her kissing other guy… he couldn’t help it but to grab her back of the head and pulled her near….sealed with a kiss…..

Kim was hysterical at first…. She was stunned…her eyes widened…. But the kiss was getting sweeter……. And sweeter……… when Gerald starts moving his mouth…Kim closed her eyes…. Gerald were showing her how to move…. And she was a good student willing to learn…to explore…. They both forget that there’s people around them… seems like the clock stops ticking…

Meanwhile… Matt and Mel was trying to cover both of them from the nosy people around them… good thing they’re both tall ….

“Gerald!!”…Auntie Pokie calling Gerald from inside…

Kim was back on the ground….she pushed Gerald and ended the kiss… She ran inside straight to her room… What was that all about!!

“Anak!! Nandyan ka na pala………. HOY!”.. Auntie Pokie tried to call her but she keep running through her room…. Auntie walk outside and saw the three.. “Ano ba ang nangyari kay kim?”…

Gerald was still on the dream land…..so Matt answered….”wala po…natalo lang po sa dare namin!”.

“aahh!! Hoy Gerald….Ok na itong barong mo!!… “…. Auntie Pokie giving him the barong…

Gerald smile was all the way to his ears….his eyes were still dreaming… “Thank you po!”…

She look at him….”Hoy!! Ano ba ang nangyayari sayong bata ka? Para kang nanuno…”..

He grinned…. “nanuno nga po yata ako!… o baka kulam?!” …yun pung anak nyong maganda ang may kasalanan….