Chapter 37: Twinkle... Twinkle

DARE ME!!!

That night..... dumating ang Mommy ni Gerald sa bahay nila Kim.... she's crying...

"Mare..... may problema ba?"...tanong ni Auntie Pokie....

"M-my husband... just got a heart attack... He's in the hospital right now!".... she said in between her sobs...

Kim was worried about Gerald.... "Nasan po si Gerald?"..she asked...

"He's in the hospital..."... Gerald Mom's look at Kim... "He needs you....!"...

That's all she needed to hear... Gerald needs her... She didn't care if he's mad at her... or he hates her... Pero Gerald needs her...

She went to the hospital as fast as she can.... when she arrive she saw Gerald sitting in the floor.... he's on fetus position.... Her heart melt for him... If she could only take away the pain he's feeling right now....

She tapped on his shoulder...."Gerald?"...she whispered....

Pagangat ng mukha ni Gerald..... She saw him as a great man that was destroyed and loss in a war.... The soldier is crying....

Gerald reach for her and hugged her in her waist....resting his head on her stomach.... "my dad.... my dad!"....

Kim grab his head..... "ssshhh... dito lang ako!! Di kita iiwan!!".... iiwan?.... Dejavu.... everything is dejavu.....

She let him weep on her..... while she comfort him........... Ng mapansin niyang nakakarecover na ito.... "Give me your car keys!"...she said...

Gerald look at her.. "What?"....

She offered both or her hands.... "Give me you keys..."...she offered her left hand... "...and give me your hand!"...she offered her right hand...

Gerald hesitated for a minute.... he look around.... he needed to get away for a minute....pero naalala niya ang Daddy niya... "But my Dad!"...

"You're mom is coming! Plus...your Dad is a tough man... he will not let anything happen to him!"... she offered her hands again...

Gerald gave her the keys....but hesitated to give his hands... Kapag sumama siya kay Kim... He's gumbling his heart again... But he needed her right now...

"Kapag hindi mo ibinigay ang kamay mo within 5 seconds... Idadrive ko ang kotse mo... at hinding-hindi ko na ibabalik sayo!"...pananakot nito...

"I don't need that damn car... sayo na lang kung gusto mo!!"... GErald pout like a kid...

Kim smiled... "Eh di sige... si Nathan na lang ang isasama ko!!"...she said...

"Hah!!"...Gerald chuckled... "Who...your fake gay boyfriend..."..

Kim eyes widened... nyek... "Fine... si Fred na lang!!"...she turned her back and march away...

Gerald run to her...and grab her right hand.... Kim was all smiled.... she won the round 1..... hanggang ilang round kaya siya mananalo?.... bahala na... she held Geralds hands as tight as she can... She will let him know...na she's here for him...

She drove the car.... in the place where good memories are.....

"When did you learn to drive?"....Gerald asked...

"Nung nasa States ako... I have to Drive my Dad in the hospital to his appointments..!.."..she said... her eyes...turned gloomy... memories of her Dad was still touches her heart...

Gerald look at her.... "How did you do it? i mean.... pano ka nakasurvive knowing your Dad is fighting for his life!"...gumaralgal ang boses nito...

She held Gerald hand.... "There are situations where you need to let the world know you are stronger than what other people think you are.... and you have to be strong for your Dad and for your Mom... Your mom is depending on you....she needs you! "...

"I know...but it hurts too much... Bakit pakiramdam ko... the world hates me......".... he whispered....

"Kahit iniisip mong ang buong mundo galit sayo......... ako...hindi ako galit sayo!"...she said... Gerald look at her...but she didn't bother to look away from the road.... She drove the car in the middle of the private beach where Gerald brought her before.....

"What are we doing here?"...Gerald frowned... He don't want anymore heartaches... He have enough...

Kim put her hands on Gerald's cheeks....caress it.. "It will be okay!"..she said...getting off the car... she sits in top of the hood of the car looking at the stars....

Gerald watch her... she still look wonderful.... a beautiful lady on top of the hood of his car... He followed her and sits beside her...

"You know.... once there was a guy who told me... to never stop wishing...because that's the only free in this world........ Every night...when I was in the states... kapag pagod na pagod na akong makitang nahihirapan si Daddy... I look at the stars...and hold on to that amazing guy who said it!"...she smiled...

Gerald look at the stars.... "And someone told me na ...that guy is wrong... Kasi not all wishes come true!"...

Kim turned her face to him... "Did you believe on that someone?"...

Gerald look straight in her eyes... "I used to believe in everything.... pero when that someone broke my heart... nawala ng lahat ang paniniwala ko!!"....

Kim stared at his face for a minute..... she stood up in the hood...and offered her hands... "Can I have this dance?"...she said...

Gerald look at her hand.... kapag tinggap niya ito.... what will happen next?.. but if he didn't accept it....would it be the end of it?... Ano Gerald... would you rather wonder your whole life….what if‘s ..... than to gumble and knowing...kung mananalo ka ...o matatalo ulit?....

He accepted her offer...he stood up in the hood....

Kim release a big relief sigh... she knows that if he didn't accept her hand... it means he didn't want her anymore.... Now that she have his hands...mas naniniwala siyang...there's still hope for both of them... .she won the round 2.…

She grab his other hand...and guided it on her waist....locking his fingers around her... She slowly put her arms around his neck...and near herself to him.... she look at him in the eyes... and she starts swaying her body....on the music that no one can hear but just the both of them.... She lead the dance...while Gerald just followed her.... She place her head on his chest trying to listen what his heart are saying.... please say you love me still...please.....

GErald tighten his arms around her.... he needed her strength right now... kahit ayaw tanggapin ng isip niya... his heart was yelling out for her name.... He look at the stars....."Please don't let it end...." he whispered... closing his eyes...resting his head to hers...

KIm smiled... He's back on wishing... He is back on wishing!!.... She turned her face up to him.... she tilted her head....to give him a quick kiss on his lips...

But Gerald didn't let go of the kiss.... he gave her small light kisses...to her eyes...forehead.... tip of the nose.....to her lips...and gave her a heart whelming kiss...that was filled with love that was hiding long time ago....

Slowly...kim is melting for too much emotions that Gerald is showing her.... Round 3.…….Knock Out!!

Kim found herself under Gerald’s body.... she didn't now how they ended up laying down in top of the hood...but all she knows is that the stars are so near to be reach on top of her... She answered his kisses with love..."I.....lo...".. she didn't finish the sentence....Gerald phone rings...

Gerald grab the phone.... "It's my mom!"...he went down in the hood.... answered the phone...

Kim stayed on top of the hood....."twinkle....twinkle....little star.... how I wonder how could I kill one of you!! Ni hindi niyo ako pinatapos sa sasabihin ko!!".... she grinned...

"Kim...we need to go... Dad's awake!!"....Gerald pulled her on top of the hood....and push her on her seat.... "Dad's awake!!".... his face lighten up...

"Sandali!!"...she stopped him..before he even place the key on the ignition...

Gerald frowned... "Why?"...

Kim grabbed her backpack on the back of the car.... Gerald didn't notice she has a backpack.... She pulled out her skateboard.... and got off the car... To Geralds surprised....she threw the skateboard in the water........ she ran back in the car.... "Let's go!!"...