Chapter 10: Pogi Points

DARE ME!!!

They arrived in Tagaytay… it was breathtaking… Sa gitna ng golf course ang kasal… The grass were healthy and green… Kim starts running in the middle of the field as soon as she gets off the car… She didn’t care if people were watching her… with her casual outfit… she ran… and stops in the middle…her long black hair was being blown by the wind….

IT’s indeed a breathtaking sight…. Beautiful place with a beautiful girl in the middle of a beautiful grass… everything’s beautiful…Gerald taught……

“Hoy… baka matunaw na ang anak ko…hayaan mo munang maglaro yan….. Ganyan yan kapag nakakapunta sa mga magagandang lugar… wala siyang pakielam sa ibang tao…basta Masaya siya…ipapakita niya!!”…Auntie Pokie smiled while watching Kim… “Tulungan mo na nga ako dito sa gown ni Kim…at ilalagay ko sa loob ng clubhouse…meron daw kwartong inihanda para sa atin….”…

He gave Kim a last look… she was laying down in the grass watching the clouds…looking peaceful… He wanted to run to her….tabihan ….but he just decided to help Auntie Pokie…and let Kim have her peaceful moment….

Kim was laying on the grass… closing her eyes… she felt free… Hindi siya makatulog sa car…she’s aware that Gerald is watching her… Nakakastress sa loob ng car… so as soon as the car stopped… bumaba siya at tumakbo sa golf field… she breath in all the fresh air she could get…kasi earlier feeling niya hindi na siya humihinga….

And of course….she knows every minute by now…he will start asking about the kiss… and she’s been trying to avoid that since this morning….. What will she say… na.. ok lang.. kiss lang naman yon eh… but if he ask kung bakit ka nag respond…what will be the best get away answer… ... Kasi and Sarap mong humalik!!..yon ang totoo… pero GAGA… di ka pwedeng magpakatotoo….lalo kang magiging kawawa kapag nawala na siya!!

She sits down… looking around her… she saw some people looking at her…. But she didn’t care… she look at front of the club…she saw him standing there… leaning on his car… looking gorgeous as ever,….. Now…she cares… Feeling niya mauubusan na naman ng hangin ang dibdib niya…. Breath in….breath out… breath in… breath out… bakit ba parang nakakalimutan niya kung pano huminga ng maayos… para siyang naghahyperventilate…

“Kim!!”… tawag ni Auntie Pokie mula sa pintuan ng club house… tinatawag na siya nito… She breath in as much air she could …then went to the club house…

Gerald didn’t move….she watch Kims' every move…every steps… even she tried to hide the glamour…he could still see how she walks with confidence…and y!! Bakit nga ba nakikita niya ang mga hindi nakikita ng iba sa kanya?…

-----------------------------

Kim look at herself in the full length mirror… gone is the black shirt and cargo pants… hello pink spaghetti strap gown…. Her hair was been curled…with one of her cousin… slight make up on her face…she didn’t want it…but her cousin insist….

She’s looking at a different person….this is the old young girl na tumatakbo sa mom niya kapag umiiyak siya…or sa dad niya kapag may bago itong pasalubong…she’s back of being old KIMBERLY CHIU…… her eyes moistened…. Did she want it back….. Ayoko!!

A knock on the door……

“Kim…anak …tapos ka na bang magbihis?”….voice came outside…

“Auntie….tapos na po!! Pero ayoko yatang lumabas!”.. she pouted her lips…

Auntie Pokie opens the door… Her face lighten up… “Ang ganda ng anak ko… pang beauty queen…!! “

“eh Auntie….ayoko nito… para akong Barbie doll!”…she complained….

“Eh mano ngang magmukha kang Barbie doll… kesa naman yung mukha kang manika na pang Halloween… Kim anak…tignan mo nga ang sarili mo……. Maganda ka!! “…she said… “Tumayo ka nga anak…. Tignan kong maigi…”.. Tinignan siya ni Auntie Pokie mula ulo hanggang paa…pero nawala ang ngiti nito nung makitang suot pa rin niya ang black na converse niya….”Ano ba yan anak!! Sabi ko sayo…itong sapatos na ito ang suuotin mo!!”… grabbing the 2 inches high heeled shoes on her side….

“Eh Auntie… papahirapan nyo naman ako niyan eh… Paduduguin nyo pala lahat ng kalyo ko sa paa… hirap yatang maglakad ng ganyan ang sapatos… baka madapa pa ako don….. “…she complained…

“Sandali lang naman ito anak…. Sige na!! pinaghirapan ko pa itong bilhin…. Kita mo nga nagkapasa ako kasi nakipagagawan pa ako dun sa babaeng mahadera sa palengke… Sige na anak ko… sayang naman ang pagod ko…” pangongonsensya nito..

“Nasan po ang pasa?”…hanap niya…

But before she could see the bruise that her Aunt is pointing….she hid her hand behind her…”Basta nandyan lang yun… sige na anak!!”… ungot nito…

Kim grinned…. “Hay naku!! Kung di ko lang kayo mahal eh!!”… she sits down…and took off the converse…

Auntie Pokies smiled is priceless……..handling her the shoes……..

------------

Gerald is waiting in the hallway 5 feet away from Kims' room… Mahirap na…baka may makakitang iba sa kanya… He looks at the clock… Naiinip na siya… She saw Auntie Pokie going inside…baka nagbago na naman ang isip nun…WAG naman sana!!

He was fixing his barong when he heard the door opened… He took a deep breath… HERE WE GO!!…..

She came out…. Gerald jaw dropped… he was stunned… It was more than he expected… She was more beyond beautiful… She’s a drop dead gorgeous…

He heard a mumbling on his back…and saw some teenager trying to get her attention… He have to move fast… He walk in front of her….offered his hands… look at her intently… He was making sure that she knows he’s adoring her by they way he's looking at her.….

Kim felt nervous….baka matapilok ako lalo sa lalaking ito…. Lintek kang tuhod ka… makiayon ka… nahihirapan na nga akong maglakad…. She accepted his hands… and start walking in through the golf course….

Gerald was proud ….he knows the guys were envying him because right beside her is the most beautiful girl in that place…….. But if he could only grabbed the big coat on his car…. He would love to cover her up from the guys who’s fantasizing her…

Kim on the other hand was more concentrating on how to walk….that Damn shoes is killing her feet… She wanted to cry…but have to do this for her Aunt….

But She’s aware of the other young girls eyes all over to the guy right next to her…. See Kim… kapag di mo tinigilan ang kahibangan mo…. Matutulad ka sa kanila…. Umaasa lang na mabigyan ng pansin ng lalaking ito… Sa dami ng mga babaeng natutulala kapag nakikita ito…sigurado siyang… madali nitong makakalimutan ang lahat ng nangyari sa kanilang dalawa… Wake up Kim!!

When they reach the chairs…she was glad to sit down…. Ayaw na nga niyang tumayo ….the whole ceremony was nice…she only hate the times…when she have to stand up…. Feeling niya namatay na lahat ng kuko niya sa paa….

“Okay ka lang ba?”… Gerald ask…nung mapansin nitong nakangiwi siya….

“Yung paa ko… patay na… paralyzed na yata!” she complained…almost about to cry…

Gerald chuckled… “Konting pasensya na lang po…. Matatapos na!!”.. he winked…

Kim blushed… kung di ka lang gwapo… di ako magtyatyagang umupo dito….

It was time for the bride to throw her bouquet…. Auntie Pokie pulled Kim… “Anak… Dali… Sali tayo!!”…

“Auntie…ikaw na lang… masakit talaga yung paa ko!!”… she complained…

“Hindi pwede…kailangang sasalo ka rin!!”…

But the bride is missing in action….kaya imbes na bride ang unang magtapon ng bouquet… yung groom muna ang nagtapon ng garter…. Gerald didn’t know kung makikipag-Agawan ba siya or hindi… pero pano kung si Kim yung makasalo……… Bahala na!!

And he did catch the garter…… :Come on Kim… it’s your turn!!" he whispered..... He was crossing his fingers…that Kim would get the bouquet…

Now it’s the brides turn…. Kim was standing in the middle…when someone step on her feet…….”Aray ko!! Namputsa naman oh!! Sa inyo na nga yang lintek na bulaklak na iyan!! “..she cried… and stepped on the side…. She was hoping it was her Aunt who can get the bouquet…but it landed to a very good looking young lady who have a curvaceous body that a guy will drool on…. UH-OH…Kim…wala na!!

Kim was like watching a movie…. Gerald with the pretty girl taking picture together…. Smiling… teasing each other… She felt betrayed… TIGNAN MO ITONG BIPOLAR NA ITO….. Ayan na!! Ayan na… she felt her tears was about to drop…she ran away…. TAKBO PA KIM!! Pero masakit na talaga ang paa niya…. She ended up on the other side of the golf course…. She sits on the grass and took off the shoes…. The tears were non stop…

Ano ka ngayon?! Napahiya ka!! Eh di nalaman mo na ang totoo… Baka naman ngayon pwede ka ng gumising…. At isaksak diyan sa kukote mo..na ang normal na tao…para sa normal din… She was massaging her feet… Ano bang araw ito………masakit na nga ang paa ko….masakit pa rin ang puso ko… she sobbed….

Gerald was been looking for Kim… kanina pa siya ikot ng ikot… He’s mind is going crazy… Ang daming pumapasok sa isip niya… baka may nakilala na itong ibang lalaki at kasama pa nito ngayon… o baka naman kamukha ni Sam milby yung lalaking yon… He never felt insecure in his whole life…ngayon pa lang…kahit di naman siya sigurado na may kasama nga si Kim…He can still feel the insecurities… He was walking for hours… dapat kanina nya pa ito hahabulin… yap…. He saw her running away… pero di siya makaalis…he didn’t want to be rude with the other people…

Baka iniisip ni Kim na nakikipagflirt siya sa girl… he’s just being a perfect gentleman…

He finally saw her in the other side of the golf course…. She was sitting in the grass…. Looking at the manmade lake near her… he saw the shoes had been thrown away by her… he smiled…. She was massaging her foot…

“Hey…kanina pa kita hinahanap!!”.. he said…

Kim didn’t bother to look at him… she needs to get rid of him…as fast as she can…maybe now….

“Hey… what are you doing here?”…he asked…sitting beside her….

“Naghahanap ng mahahalikan!”…

Gerald frowned… “Ano?”…

“Hindi pa kasi ako bayad sa dare kahapon…kaya naghahanap ng prospect!”..she said…

“Teka… bayad ka na kahapon!! Diba?”.. he bumped her shoulder with his… trying to look at her face…. But she was facing the other way…

“EH hindi naman ako yung nanghalik…. Dapat ako ang manghahalik!! Kaya di pa ako bayad..”…

“Eh di halikan mo ulit ako… I don’t mind giving you more lessons… “…he whispered on her ears….

That gave her jitters all over her bones…. “HIndi ka na kasali.. Nakakarami ka na eh!!.. Sige na… bumalik ka na don sa girl…baka hinahanap ka na!”…she said pushing him away..

Gerald smiled… “Are you jealous?”…he asked…

Kim took a deep breath… “Hindi… nag reality check lang!!”.. she still massaging her feet…

Gerald look at her… stood up…and left her…heading back to the club house…

Kim watch him leave… GAGO talaga… UMALIS NGA!! Ang dali naman palang itaboy ng lalaking yon…… palibhasa nakakita ng magandang babae!…. “Madapa Ka sana!!”.. she said loudly…

After 5 minutes…Gerald came back…. To her surprise he was holding her converse shoes and a pair of socks…

He took over from massaging her foot…to putting the socks on….to putting the shoes on…. And tying the laces….

Kim jaw dropped as she was watch him…..

“Close your mouth…madaming langaw dito… malunon mo pa!”.. he said… smiling at her…

POGI POINTS NA NAMAN SI BIPOLAR……… Paano ba niya maitataboy ito…. Eh kung alagaan naman siya…daig niya pa ang mga matatanda sa hospital……..

She smiled…and hit him on his forehead…. “ARAy!!”.. he massages his forehead… “Alam mo…. Bibili na ako ng baseball hat…kasi feeling ko…mabubugbog ang noo ko sayo….every time na pinanggigigilan mo ako… lagi mo akong binabatukan….”.. he winked…

Her laughter filled the golf course….