Chapter 34: No Wish.. No Hope.. No Love

DARE ME!!!

Gerald picked up Nathan.....galing sa pagkakadukdok sa bowl..... Parang sako niya itong isinampay sa balikat.....

"So...saan ko ito itatambak?"...he asked....

"aahhmmmn.... sa Kwarto ko!"....kim said...

Gerald frowned...."Kwarto mo?"...

"OO...sa kwarto ko na lang!!"...

He walk straight to Kim.... Nathan is not that heavy...so Gerald was able to carry him without a sweat.... "Eh ...ikaw?.. Saan ka matutulog?"....

Kim frowned.... She's used of sharing bed with Nathan before..... Nawala sa isip niya na Gerald have no Idea of Nathan's identity....."Eh di sa kwarto din?"....she answered....

"HUH!!"...Gerald said.... dropping Nathan in the couch....

Umungol ito...but was too drunk to wake up....

"Dahan-dahan naman...."...she said...lalapitan niya sana si Nathan…ng bigla siyang hatakin ni Gerald…. She loss her balance kaya dire-diretso siya sa dibdib ni Gerald…. “aray!!”…she said….

Gerald….put his arms around Kim…and crushed her body to his…..”Are you sleeping with this guy?”…. he asked…. Gerald look straight in Kim’s face…… you better say no!! say no Kim…….

Kim frowned…”ANO?”… she was pushing Gerald away… Gagong lalaking ito….anong akala niya sa akin? Chipipay!!………. Then she realize that Gerald have no idea about Nathan’s identity…. “No…I’m not… aahmmn.. What I mean is…dun ako sa kwarto ni …auntie Pokie makikitulog..”…she said….trying to avoid Gerald’s look…..

Gerald felt a big relief…….. “Boyfriend mo ba ito?”….he asked…

Tinignan siya ni Kim…. “SIno ka ba….si Boy Abunda?…. Bakit ba tanong ka ng tanong?.”…

Gerald compose himself…. Damn Gerald…. Dahan-dahan ka kasi sa pagtatanong….baka kung anong isipin ni Kim…… “W-wala!! Curious lang ako! Masama bang magtanong?”….he asked…in lower voice….

“Sige na…iakyat mo na yan.”….

Gerald took a big sigh…. Picked up Nathan…and carry him like a sack of rice…… Ng makarating sila si pintuan….pagharap ni Gerald para kausapin si Kim…biglang nauntog ang ulo ni Nathan sa pader……..

“ano ka ba?? Dahan-dahan naman….baka paggising ni Nathan bukas….sa ospital ko na dalhin yan!!”…Kim said….trying to massage Nathans head…..

“Eh di maganda!!”… Gerald whispered….

“ANO sabi mo?”…

“Wala… Can you just please open the damn door…ng maibaba ko na ito!!”…

Kim open the door… and fix the bed….while Gerald drop Nathan on it….

“Sabi ng dahan-dahan eh!!”…. Naku…kawawa kang baklita ka….sigurado bukas…di ka mapakikinabangan!!

Gerald watch Kim…as she put the blanket on Nathan…. He felt a pinch in his heart… Tama na….Gerald… Kahit kailan….di ka na talaga madadala… Naiinis na siya… why does Kim needs to take care of this skinny guy… He felt insecure… What does this guy have…that I don’t.. Sa sobrang inis… he pulled Kim… and crushed her in his arms…..

“Teka… Ano ba?”… Kim was stunned… She’s pushing Gerald….but he’s holding her real tight… “Bititwan mo ako!!”….

Gerald look at her in the eyes…..

She saw the pain….she saw the hatred….but under those…. There’s one emotion that’s trying to climb out…. She frowned… is that love???……..

“You left me….. You deserted me……. Up to know…hindi ko pa rin maisip kung ano ang nagawa ko?… Tell me Kim… What have I done wrong?”….he asked…with full of emotions… the pain is just too unbearable…

“W-wala kang…………..”….. she didn’t finish her sentenced… Gerald was kissing her hard…. She closed her eyes…. Heto na naman… kagagaling lang ng putok na labi ko……… But to her surprise… he shift from being hard…to being light…

Gerald was giving her light kisses…. Just like before……… just like before….

Kim was kissing him back….and it went deeper………….and deeper….

She didn’t care if Nathan’s watching… she wants to cherish this moment…. She wanted to save this moment….of just Gerald and her…….

Gerald was trying to show Kim how painful it was when she left him….but his emotions are overwhelming that he can’t stop showing her his true feelings for her…………that the love is still there…. Na kahit anong gawin niya……… he can’t deny it anymore…. He’s still in love with this girl………..

They accidentally back up on the tokador ….at nasagi ang vase….

“Daddy!!”….Kim said…and grab the vase….put it back where it was placed…

Gerald frowned…. “Daddy?”….he asked….not letting go of Kim’s waist….

Kim look at Gerald…”Daddy this is Gerald… Gerald… meet my Dad!”…

Gerald look at the vase….. Then it hits him….”Is this why you left?”…

Kim nodded…..

He let go of Kim’s waist… Naupo sa may dulo ng kama… “I think…I’m ready to listen!!”…he said…

“I received a letter from Dad…with passport on it… He said he was dying,…..”……. Kim told Gerald everything…. Including the confrontation that happen between her and his mom……

Gerald was just listening…… When Kim was done talking…. Gerald stood up..and walk out the door…

Hinabol siya ni Kim… “Please…talk to me… bakit di mo sabihin sa akin kung ano yang iniisip mo?!”…

He look back… “I understand now!! Naiinitindihan ko na ang lahat… You needed to go… so you left… and that’s the end of it!!”…he said…

“Hindi mo ba ako naiintindihan…how important it is for me to be with my father?”…

“Yun na nga ang masakit… Naiintindihan ko! Pero ang hindi ko maintindihan…ay kung bakit you didn’t even bother to talk to me? Masakit isipin na you didn’t trust me enough na ipaglalaban ko kung ano ang meron tayo noon….”… Umiling-iling si Gerald…”Come to think about it…. Wala nga pala tayo noon… There was never US…. You never even said that you like me before…. Or…love me before.. “…

“p-pero…”…. she wanted to tell him na she was in love with him… and still in love with him…..

“Huwag na Kim… Tama na… It hurts so much knowing that I’m not good enough to be loved by you…. From now on… I will live my life without you… and this will be the end for both of us………”….he walked away…

Kim was too hurt to run for him… she wanted to tell him…na mali ito…. Na she did love him…..but he closed the door… he ended it up……… she sits on the stairs…and cry……… did I really hurt him that much?……….. Yes you did?…………….

---------------------------------------

Next morning…..

Auntie Pokie found Kim sleeping in couch……..

“Hoy…anak?… ano nangyari sayo…”… gising sa kanya ni Auntie Pokie…

She open her eyes….she felt blank…..parang she’s back from being black and white….. Everything is empty……….. She’s walking like a zombie….. Went upstairs….and change her clothes to black shirt and her old cargo pants………

Here we go again Kimmy…. Were back of your old self………. She took out the skateboard….. Read her old note for Gerald…

Tama….no sense of wishing….no sense of hoping…. No sense of loving…….