Chapter 1: The Dare

DARE ME!!!

“Kim!! It’s your turn..!!..”..

“Damn it!!”.. Sigaw ni Kim.. Bakit ba sya napapayag na sumama sa kalokohang ito. Kahit kailan hindi pa nya gustong mamatay.. Tinignan nya ulit ang tatalunin… “God!!.. Baka malagas ang buto ko!!”.. bulong nya sa sarili..

“KIM!!! HURRY UP MAN!! Tutubuan ka na ng talaba dyan sa tinatayuan mo..”.. sigaw ni Matt.

Kim look at him.. From aphro-wannabe hair….to black “Metallica” shirt… to black tight pants… to black Chuck Taylor shoes…. With an addition of thick chain on his pants… definitely a wannabe emo… “OO na!! Maghintay ka nga!! Damn it… Alam mo namang takot ako sa matataas!..”.. She look down … Nasa tuktok sya ng sementong hagdanan….with skateboard on her right hand.. “Bakit ba ako naka-oo dito…”..

“HEY!! Are you ok??”… Sigaw ni Melissa mula sa ibaba ng hagdanan….

“C’mon Kim… Even Melissa did it!! Sumusuko ka na yata eh!!”… sigaw ni Matt..

“Shut up!! She only did it…kasi she didn’t want to kiss you… ***e!!”.. she screamed..

Melissa blushed… “Siraulo ka talaga!! Kaya mo ba talaga?”.. nagaalalang melissa..

Kim look at Mel.. From midnight blue hair color with high lights of fuschia…. To black Hurley Davidson loose shirt… to tight black pants with rips on both knees… to black chuck taylor shoes… with addition of nose rings… She still looks like a doll…only difference is a doll from “The bride of Chuckie..”..

“I don’t know about this Mel… Baka malagas lahat ng buto ko… gawin nyo pa akong panggatong!”… she grinned…

Matt starts cracking up…. “So… sino ang hahawaan mo ng germs?”….

“I said…Shut up!!”… she screamed…

Stupid dares… because of these dares… she’s now in this situation.. Pano ba nagsimula ang dares nilang tatlo..

Yup… Her, Mel, and Matt were best friends since grade school. She’s actually the “saling pusa” of the group.. It was Mel and Matt who started the friendship… she was a transferee from a private school…going to public. Since her mom left….her dad had a hard time coping. Her dad loose his will to live….quit everything that reminds him of her mom…even quit on her!!.. She ended up on her aunts’ care that could only afford public school… Wala naman syang reklamo.. Her aunt was the best she could ever had. Hindi na nga nakapagasawa ang Auntie Pokie nya dahil nafocus na ang attention nito para sa kanya.. And she was glad… but still.. She couldn’t help but to rebelled upon her situation… Even how many times her aunt tried to explain what happen to her parents….. She still feels the pain…and abandonment.. Her heart was filled with “why’s?”… she needed answers…some good answers…

Well… back to Mel and Matt… she met them while she was hiding inside the girls bathroom… She was on her 2nd grade and being bullied by others.. “ Kawawa ka naman!! Ha Ha Ha… walang nanay…walang tatay… pinulot ka lang sa kung saan!! Ha ha ha!”.. she could still hear them inside her mind… She ran inside the girls bathroom and hide… yun lang ang kaya nyang gawin… Then she was surprise to see a girl and a boy …both sitting on top of the sink giggling… She wiped her tears…”anong ginagawa nya dito?”… she pointed to Matt…

“Anong pakielam mo?”… sigaw ni Matt…

“Wag mo syang sigawan!!”… saway ni Mel… “Diba ikaw yung niloloko nung mga bata dyan sa labas?”.. 
She nodded…

“Bakit pumapayag kang tuksuhin ka ng ganon… Eh ano naman kung wala kang nanay o tatay… Buti nga may nagaalaga sayo… Kami ni Matt…”… nilingon ni Mel si Matt….”Laking ampunan… may nag sponsor lang daw sa amin…kaya nandito kami ngayon!”…

From that day … hindi na sila mapaghiwalay.. Siya as “the saling pusa”.. at si Mel at si Matt.. She felt safe whenever she’s with them.. Lahat ng kalokohan… lahat ng kaguluhan… lahat ng bawal…silang tatlo magkakasama…. ang goal nilang tatlo..”Break the Rules…because there shouldn’t be any rules…. You only have one life to live… why follow rules… when you can be happy without them!!”..

Then the Dares… Every week should be a different dares… Last week was eating palaka week…the other week was riding the bicycle backwards…. Of course… may consequence ang hindi makagawa ng dares… this week… skateboarding sa mataas na sementong hagdanan…and the one who couldn’t do it will have a consequence of kissing somebody on the lips… she hated the consequence kaya kahit takot sya sa mga matataas na lugar…. She accepted the dare….pero mukhang hindi nya yata kakayanin..

“Hoy!! Naengkanto ka na dyan… Gusto mo pa yatang I-save ka ni Pedro Penduko!! Ha! Ha! Ha!”.. sigaw ulit ni Matt na nagpabalik sa kanya sa reyalidad…

“I said Shut UP!!”.. nagdadalawang isip pa rin sya…but can she afford to kiss someone in the lips… Actually the good side about it…she can choose which one she could kiss…. But the bad side is… SHE HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO KISS BECAUSE SHE WAS IN “NEVER BEEN KISSED” CLUB!!

“Kim… you don’t have to do this kung di mo talaga kaya!!”.. Mel said..

“OO nga… manghalik ka na lang… nakakapagod kang tignan dyan sa taas!!”… sigaw ni Matt…

She look down again… “hindi ko talaga kaya!! Baka ipagluksa ako ni Auntie Pokie!! Baka kung ano pang ipasuot sa akin non!! Di ko feel magpulang lipstick no!!”.. napangiti sya ng maalala ang auntie nya.. She started to walk down the stairs… “mataas din ito ah!!”…

Her name is Kimberly Chiu… Nasa first year college na silang tatlong magkakaibigan… Who wouldn’t have known na makakagraduate pala sila ng high school… Kahit pasang awa… they did it.. And now nasa college na sila nagkakalat ng lagim..

Her usual get up… Black “Guns n Roses” shirt… a black cargo shorts with a length all the way to her shin… black chuck taylor high cut shoes… Her long black shiny hair was left untouched..(hiling ni Auntie Pokie---wag galawin ang buhok!! Kundi aatakihin daw ito sa puso…dahil ang buhok daw nya ang nagpapaalala ng kabataan nito… SHE STILL DIDN’T GET IT!! Pero pinagbigyan na nya…even she really wanted to put hightlights on it with color neon green..).

Nasa loob na ulit sila ng campus ng sitahin sya ni Matt.. “Oh…nasan na yung consequence?!! Kelangan ngayon na!! hahaha!!”…

She gave a big grin… frustrated…she gave a stare to Mel..hoping she will help her…. But..

“Sorry kim… DARE is a Dare… since di mo nagawa… You must do the consequence… Plus.. It’s about time na makahalik ka naman…para di ka nagmumukhang tanga…”..

“Eh bakit…ikaw ba nakahalik na??’.. tanong nya…

Mel blushed…looking away… kinda odd…kasi when she look at Matt…he did the same thing… She was about to say something when a ball hit her, right on top of her head… “Aray!!”.. she almost saw some stars…

“Wow… Miss.. I’m really sorry!!”.. she heard…next thing she knows…a guy was touching her head….rubbing it… massaging it… then she felt his fingers were lingering down to her hair….. She felt uneasy…

“hey!! “.. she pushed the guy away from her…” Gago ka ah!! Bakit mo hinahawakan ang buhok ko…….”… she paused when she saw him… run her fingers in her chin…. Brown eyes… amboy looks,… smells good… looks clean…

“M-miss… sorr…”…

“HEP!! Don’t want to hear it!!”.. she stopped his words… “Did you brush your teeth?”…she asked….

Thick eyelashes was now frowning… brown eyes was confused…”w-what?”…

“I said… Did you brush your teeth this morning?”…

“Yes!”… still looking confused…

“Did you floss?”…

“Y-yes!”

“Did you use mouthwash?”

“Miss …teka… nagtitinda ka ba ng toothpaste or toothbrush??…” he asked…

“Nope!!”.. she is now ready… with one big inhale….and exhale …..”I brushed my teeth…. Used flossed…. Used mouthwash…. So I’m clean… after this..you don’t know me… pretend nothings gonna happened…. And think that I’m invincible… because after this meeting…you are invincible to me!!”.. she place her hands on his collars….pulled him quickly…and next thing you know… their lips became one…

She watch him while her lips is on his… She saw the big brown eyes widened… then back to normal…. Biglang naging singkit… she heard Matt counting… “10.…9.…8.….” ang tagal namang bumilang… sigaw nya sa isip..

Then she felt the guy shaking… his eyes were smiling…NO…. laughing… Pinagtatawanan na yata ako ng gagong ito…. Pero nagpapasalamat sya dahil the brown eyed guy never dared to move even one finger to touch her…

Finally she heard the ..”1...”..

She let go of the brown eyed guy collar… and was ready to do her walkout…pero bago pa man nya maihakbang ang isang paa… he whispered on her ears…”It would have been great…. If only you know how to kiss!!”… and walk away….

Her eyes widened… her cheeks became red… is that an insult??… Yes.. It is… “GAGONG YON AH!!”..